Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-03-2013, 05:02 AM   #1
eeyoresmom
DIS Veteran

Favorite spots at the Boardwalk

DH and I are checking into BWV for 5 days this weekend. We have 2 resort days planned. We have stayed here before but am looking for others little spots they like to hang out, both at the resort and the boardwalk area.TIA
eeyoresmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 07:54 AM   #2
OKW Lover

Yes, we love Old Key West
Connoisseur of the fine things in life, and has the time to enjoy them (Just ask his wife)

We've never found much to occupy us at BW during the day other than the pool. Not really much happening on the BW. Perhaps renting one of those surrey bikes?
Register to remove

Old 04-03-2013, 10:15 AM   #3
eeyoresmom
DIS Veteran

I was thinking more of spots to read, have a cup of coffee, etc. We have a garden/pool view and I requested Village Green. If we get a room in that section I will probably spend some time on the balcony, otherwise I like to leave the room while DH gets ready or while he's working out, etc.
Old 04-03-2013, 10:19 AM   #4
AJKMOM
DIS Veteran

I like to walk around the lake and check out the other resorts.
AJKMOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 10:26 AM   #5
x5x5x5x5x5
Finally figured out how to do this...

We like to go to the Belle Vue room in the BW Inn and play the board games they have there. We also usually do a resort tour - walk through BW, BC, YC, Swan and Dolphin just to see what's going on. We've done the surrey bikes but didn't find it all that fun. Sitting on the open air porch off of the BW lobby is nice and relaxing. Then in the evening - the games and entertainment on the Boardwalk are fun. Sitting on the beach at the BC/YC is relaxing as well. Occasionally we grab a drink at Hurricane Hannah's and sit in one of the swings. Also, sometimes there are movies on the beach.
x5x5x5x5x5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 10:50 AM   #6
kkbutterfly
Mouseketeer

I always wanted to read a book under the stairs that lead from the Boardwalk to the Lobby (or upstairs outside of the lobby). We're runners so we like doing the loop around the Boardwalk (and YB). Also, you could spend a night at Jellyrolls listening to the dueling pianos.
Old 04-03-2013, 01:56 PM   #7
PSUGuy
Bill From PA

Probably not applicable, but every morning there I roll over to the bench next to the Atlantic Dance and have my coffee and a cigar. I do this early so there's no one else around and I get to see the Friendship boats come out for the start of their day. Ditto the Belle Vue, the deck outside offers great People Watching but drinks aren't served until 5 pm.

Bill From PA

Last edited by PSUGuy; 04-03-2013 at 02:02 PM.
PSUGuy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 06:55 PM   #8
eeyoresmom
DIS Veteran

Thanks everyone. The lounge sounds good. Can you access it and the deck before the bar opens?

Last edited by eeyoresmom; 04-04-2013 at 04:51 AM.
Old 04-04-2013, 08:49 AM   #9
disnut8
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by eeyoresmom View Post
DH and I are checking into BWV for 5 days this weekend. We have 2 resort days planned. We have stayed here before but am looking for others little spots they like to hang out, both at the resort and the boardwalk area.TIA
Oh, for sure for us. Getting a slice of pizza and/or a cold beer and sangria from the take out window, grabbing a table near the water, listening to the Friendship boats blowing their horns and people watching. That's my Disney moment.
disnut8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 10:04 AM   #10
MARY-IN-OH
DIS Veteran

It's a nice walk over to mini golf at Swan & Dolphin, and a game of air hockey at the community hall is fun (although it always seems to be out for repair when we're there). the hot tubs are nice and relaxing at the quiet pool, and it's beautiful over at the quiet pool by the Inn side of the resort. Those cottages are very pretty on the walk to the pool over there.

The shops are very nice on the boardwalk too. Larger than a lot of them at the resorts.

ESPN and Big River Grille, or walk/boat over to Beach Club and relax on the beach. boardwalk and Beach Club have evening smores and movies. It's nice on the Beach Club beach watching some of the Illuminations fireworks. Bring a little cooler with drinks!

Boardwalk has entertainers too in the evening, magicians and such.

Yes, I'm ready to go back to the Boardwalk, c'mon September!!
Dec 98 ASMu- - March 04 Pop- - Dec 06 OKW/Pop- -Sept 07 POFQ- - Oct 07 ASMo - - May 08 Pop/OKW - - Jan09 SSR- -Sept 09 BWV- -Dec 09 ASMo/OKW - -June 10 Pop/BCV- -Sept 10 AKV Kidani - -MAY 20, 2011 SSR/AKV JAMBO - - SEPT 9, 2011 - CBR & BWV STD VIEW 2 NTS BCV 1BR, and 4 NTS BWV 1BR STD SEPT 16 to 22nd 2012 Feb 5-12, 2013 - 2 nts POR royal room & 5 nights SSR- - Sept 7-8, 2 nts CBR and Sept 9-14, 5 nts at BWV Std view- - - Upcoming: DEC 10 - 17, 2013 SPLIT STAY OKW/SSR w/DH
MARY-IN-OH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 10:18 AM   #11
eeyoresmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARY-IN-OH View Post
It's a nice walk over to mini golf at Swan & Dolphin, and a game of air hockey at the community hall is fun (although it always seems to be out for repair when we're there). the hot tubs are nice and relaxing at the quiet pool, and it's beautiful over at the quiet pool by the Inn side of the resort. Those cottages are very pretty on the walk to the pool over there.

The shops are very nice on the boardwalk too. Larger than a lot of them at the resorts.

ESPN and Big River Grille, or walk/boat over to Beach Club and relax on the beach. boardwalk and Beach Club have evening smores and movies. It's nice on the Beach Club beach watching some of the Illuminations fireworks. Bring a little cooler with drinks!

Boardwalk has entertainers too in the evening, magicians and such.

Yes, I'm ready to go back to the Boardwalk, c'mon September!!
I've seen pictures of the quiet pool at BWI and really want to go there. Do I head toward the BelleVue Lounge and there is a door to the outside there that will lead us to the quiet pool? I also read that it was confusing to get to from the BWV side
Old 04-04-2013, 04:45 PM   #12
stormer
DIS Veteran

What exactly is the Belle Vue lounge and where is it?
October 1994 Port Orleans / October 1996 Caribbean Beach Resort / October 1999 Off site / October 2004 Contemporary Resort / October 2006 Animal Kingdom Lodge / August 2007 Port Orleans Riverside / April 2008 Saratoga Springs Villas & Wilderness Lodge Villas/ October 2008 Old Key West / February 2009 Polynesian Resort / August 2009 Animal Kingdom Lodge Kidani Village/ February 2010 Carribbean Beach Resort / August 2010 Bay Lake Tower / February 2011 Grand Floridian and Beach Club Villas / August 2011 Boardwalk Villas / August 2012 Animal Kingdom Lodge Kidani Village/ February 2013 Coronado Springs / August 2013 Boardwalk Villas / February 2014 Coronado Springs
stormer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 06:48 PM   #13
MARY-IN-OH
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by eeyoresmom View Post
I've seen pictures of the quiet pool at BWI and really want to go there. Do I head toward the BelleVue Lounge and there is a door to the outside there that will lead us to the quiet pool? I also read that it was confusing to get to from the BWV side
Just go through the lobby and keep on walkin', you'll find it! It's a fun adventure LOL
Dec 98 ASMu- - March 04 Pop- - Dec 06 OKW/Pop- -Sept 07 POFQ- - Oct 07 ASMo - - May 08 Pop/OKW - - Jan09 SSR- -Sept 09 BWV- -Dec 09 ASMo/OKW - -June 10 Pop/BCV- -Sept 10 AKV Kidani - -MAY 20, 2011 SSR/AKV JAMBO - - SEPT 9, 2011 - CBR & BWV STD VIEW 2 NTS BCV 1BR, and 4 NTS BWV 1BR STD SEPT 16 to 22nd 2012 Feb 5-12, 2013 - 2 nts POR royal room & 5 nights SSR- - Sept 7-8, 2 nts CBR and Sept 9-14, 5 nts at BWV Std view- - - Upcoming: DEC 10 - 17, 2013 SPLIT STAY OKW/SSR w/DH
MARY-IN-OH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 06:50 PM   #14
eeyoresmom
DIS Veteran

If I remember correctly, the lounge is off the lobby on the inn side. It is really elegant and relaxing. Allearsnet has some great video of it.
Old 04-04-2013, 06:51 PM   #15
eeyoresmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARY-IN-OH View Post
Just go through the lobby and keep on walkin', you'll find it! It's a fun adventure LOL
Thank you. It looks beautiful in pictures.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: