Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-30-2013, 12:13 PM   #16
scootch
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by labdogs42 View Post
So, how hard/"scary" is it to get a cab to the CS? My DH isn't a huge fan of haggling in the islands. If the cab ride isn't too intimidating, we might just go for it!
The taxi's are right there, they do try to fill up if a van. We found others on our cruise meet board to ride over with, made me more comfortable. Leaving Atlantis, the front lobby, taxi are right there waiting and we took these back by ourselves. I take my daughters alone(first time we went to Atlantis, they were only 7 and 9)... and truly it was not hard at all. I had my guard up obviously traveling alone with them, but was very easy. It is a short ride and they drop you right back off at port.
~~Nov 2005 Contemporary
~~November 2006 Contemporary Making memories with my 21 year old niece with cancer
Sweet Lindsey passed March 2007
~~November 2007 WL
~~Nov 08 VWL
~~Nov 09 WDW BLT DiscoveryCove SeaWorld and DCL Wonder
~~April 2011 B2B Disney Dream
~~Nov 2011 WDW/BLT
~~Nov 2012 VWL/ Eastern Fantasy
~~ June 2013 DISNEYLAND/CALIFORNIA ADVENTURE
~~Feb 2014 Contemporary/ Disney Eastern Fantasy
~~Nov 2014 Disney Grand Floridian Villas
scootch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 07:02 AM   #17
labdogs42
I managed to wrestle a playhouse to the ground and twisted it into submission

Quote:
Originally Posted by piglet33 View Post
We did this and loved it and saved a lot of money. When we got to CS, I just told them at the desk that I was checking in and out at the same time and wasn't using the room. I was not charged the energy or the house keeping fees. The price that was on my reservation was the price I paid. Nothing additional. Maybe that was because I didn't use the room.
Quote:
Originally Posted by scootch View Post
I have done it twice and I take my daughters without daddy on DCL... so if I can do it, anyone can. Pricewise it was much cheaper and I really like it better as you pick the time you want to go and when you want to come home, no hoarding everyone into the theater or wherever and waiting before you leave. I did find another family to ride over with on taxi, just to help me feel a bit safer, but both times, I took a taxi alone back. We also did the checkin/check out same time. Very, very easy!! and we loved it. Girls can't wait to go back.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2jcg View Post
We walked right off of the ship and saw taxi drivers waiting. There was no haggling (I believe it was $4/person) and there were several other families that rode with us in a van. We waited about 5 minutes to get enough people to fill the van, but we still beat the Disney people there. Coming back, we went right out front at the Atlantis and there were cabs waiting to to take us to the ship. We rode back on our own in a limo that had seen better days, but we made it just fine. We got a good laugh as the interior of the limo was upholstered in zebra!
OK, you guys convinced me. It is a savings of at least $150 (worst case if they charge me the cleaning and electricity fees). With any luck, I won't even get charged those if that worked for you guys. I do like the idea of being on my time table and not the excursions. And saving a few bucks is always nice, too! Thanks!

ETA, Booked it! Used AAA discount, room charge is $143.10, estimated with taxes, etc at $213.62. Disney's price is $169 per adult and $115 per child, so I'm thrilled with this!

Last edited by labdogs42; 03-31-2013 at 07:09 AM.
labdogs42 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-02-2013, 03:39 PM   #18
scootch
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by labdogs42 View Post
OK, you guys convinced me. It is a savings of at least $150 (worst case if they charge me the cleaning and electricity fees). With any luck, I won't even get charged those if that worked for you guys. I do like the idea of being on my time table and not the excursions. And saving a few bucks is always nice, too! Thanks!

ETA, Booked it! Used AAA discount, room charge is $143.10, estimated with taxes, etc at $213.62. Disney's price is $169 per adult and $115 per child, so I'm thrilled with this!
You won't be disappointed. REally, if I can do it alone with two little girls, anyone can and you will LOVE Atlantis... We cant' wait to go back!!
~~Nov 2005 Contemporary
~~November 2006 Contemporary Making memories with my 21 year old niece with cancer
Sweet Lindsey passed March 2007
~~November 2007 WL
~~Nov 08 VWL
~~Nov 09 WDW BLT DiscoveryCove SeaWorld and DCL Wonder
~~April 2011 B2B Disney Dream
~~Nov 2011 WDW/BLT
~~Nov 2012 VWL/ Eastern Fantasy
~~ June 2013 DISNEYLAND/CALIFORNIA ADVENTURE
~~Feb 2014 Contemporary/ Disney Eastern Fantasy
~~Nov 2014 Disney Grand Floridian Villas
scootch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 03:00 AM   #19
caribbeandreaming
Mouseketeer

I wish we would have known about the CS option last year when we did the Aquaventure excursion through DCL. We wasted so much precious time checking in at the Walt Disney Theatre and then having to wait for a shuttle bus over there. By the time we arrived at Atlantis, it was around 11:00, the place was packed, the lines were long and we couldn't even find a lounge chair. Definitely not worth the $ we paid.
caribbeandreaming is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: