Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-03-2013, 01:18 AM   #1171
disneydreamin247
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferrentinos View Post
When we upgraded I emailed the Poly IPO. They sent me a standard form to fill out which I did. I added our reservations to that. When they responded she indicated that she added those to our itinerary. That leads me to think that she wouldn't have had it without me providing them!! Congrats on your stay!! We will be there in July as well!
They pulled all of mine up themselves. They sent me a copy of my itinerary based on what they saw in the system since I didn't send then any info for the reservations I already made.
Old 04-03-2013, 04:48 AM   #1172
Ferrentinos
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydreamin247 View Post

They pulled all of mine up themselves. They sent me a copy of my itinerary based on what they saw in the system since I didn't send then any info for the reservations I already made.
That's good to know for the future! I didn't think they could do that! Awesome!
5/01 - AKL, 4/05 - CBR, 7/06 - POFQ, 12/07 - Pop, 6/12 - DCL Magic NYC, 12/12 - Poly, 7/13 - PolyCL, 1/14 - PolyCL, 5/14 - AKLCL, 7/14 - GF SL, 11/14 - YC/GF , 6/15 - PolyCL, 7/15 - DCL Fantasy, 7/15 - AKL CL

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-03-2013, 06:07 AM   #1173
disneydreamin247
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferrentinos View Post
That's good to know for the future! I didn't think they could do that! Awesome!
Sometimes it isn't 100% accurate though! Like last year. I tweaked my ADRs so much that when they printed my itinerary at check-in it was totally off. Thank goodness I always bring my own spreadsheet.
Old 04-03-2013, 06:18 AM   #1174
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

15 days until I check in to the Regatta Club!!!!

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ
Old 04-03-2013, 08:25 AM   #1175
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmears View Post
AKL CL is wonderful
AKL CL is on our list as I have heard nothing but great things about the lounge, food offerings, and CMs .

Quote:
Originally Posted by trishadono View Post
June 2011 we were upgraded from deluxe room at CR to Atrium club. So, then last summer I had to try GF SL and this week trying Poly CL too! Once you try it, it's hard to live without!
How did you like CR Atrium Club? I've stayed GF SL and didn't care for it. We are trying the CR for the first time in December and I can't decide between a regular TPV or CL . We are also trying Poly CL in December, so I hope you will report back on that .

Quote:
Originally Posted by babydovesx2 View Post
We decided to upgrade to CL for our upcoming trip in July.
Congrats on upgrading

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
Old 04-03-2013, 08:51 AM   #1176
trishadono
DIS Veteran

We loved Atrium club!

The space was modern and interesting to the eye. The 12th floor view was beautiful! We never found the lounge over crowded either. It is nice that all the rooms are on the same floor as club so I would SKIP( if no one around) down to the lounge , grab a snack and then walk back to room. (Ds was always eating).

Food offerings were all good, very similar to GF except to afternoon there is less.

I won't know until I try poly but we liked CR way better than GF SL. The lounge is so dull

The MK view from CR is just a favorite space for me. I was content just to sit with either a cup of coffee or glass of wine and I didn't care if I ever got to a park

You will love it!
Old 04-03-2013, 09:06 AM   #1177
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by trishadono View Post
We loved Atrium club!

The space was modern and interesting to the eye. The 12th floor view was beautiful! We never found the lounge over crowded either. It is nice that all the rooms are on the same floor as club so I would SKIP( if no one around) down to the lounge , grab a snack and then walk back to room. (Ds was always eating).

Food offerings were all good, very similar to GF except to afternoon there is less.

I won't know until I try poly but we liked CR way better than GF SL. The lounge is so dull

The MK view from CR is just a favorite space for me. I was content just to sit with either a cup of coffee or glass of wine and I didn't care if I ever got to a park

You will love it!
Thanks for your input . I haven't read a lot of reviews about CR CL, but from what I have read, most people seem to really like it (especially the view from the lounge). I agree about GF SL....the lounge was the biggest disappointment to me. The offerings are the same in SL as in RPC, but the SL lounge is too small (IMO) and I don't like how it's located right inside the SL lobby. It was also very crowded most of time with not a lot of room to move around and I didn't think there was enough seating for the amount of people staying there. One thing I loved about GF RPC was sitting in the lounge early in the morning watching the resort "wake up", while everyone else was getting ready. I can just imagine sitting in the CR lounge looking out at MK first thing in the morning .

Thanks again.....I have some thinking to do, but CR CL is looking better and better .

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
Old 04-03-2013, 08:51 PM   #1178
puertorican00676
Earning My Ears

Hi! Just got a question about how do you plan with IPO when your 180 days is aproaching to do lunch or dinner reservationd, but the park hours are not published yet? Just wondering how do you make plans for reservations with the park that you will visit on any given day? Any suggestions?
Old 04-04-2013, 07:37 AM   #1179
Wicket's Mom
DIS Veteran

I've never received any emails from the IPO giving me any survey, etc.. I did call them at the 180 day point to reserve the Sunrise Safari, did get that, woohoo!

This will be our first CL stay in WDW.
(url)http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3050319
It Was the Best of Times & the Worst, But It Was the Best Trip Evah!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2811518
Old 04-04-2013, 07:53 AM   #1180
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by puertorican00676 View Post
Hi! Just got a question about how do you plan with IPO when your 180 days is aproaching to do lunch or dinner reservationd, but the park hours are not published yet? Just wondering how do you make plans for reservations with the park that you will visit on any given day? Any suggestions?
I can't help as I don't use IPO for ADRs when staying CL and we usually eat TS in the resorts, but hopefully someone will come along with some advice/suggestions .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicket's Mom View Post
I've never received any emails from the IPO giving me any survey, etc.. I did call them at the 180 day point to reserve the Sunrise Safari, did get that, woohoo!

Congrats on getting the Sunrise Safari . I hope you have a great trip and enjoy CL.

Old 04-04-2013, 07:56 AM   #1181
Dr Ken
Don't want to "earn" my ears. I'm retired!

Quote:

If you didn't reserve directly with Disney, the IPO won't email you. You have to initiate contact by sending them an email.

Have enjoyed visiting 8 Disney theme parks (4 in FL, 2 in CA, 1 in Tokyo, and 1 in Paris)

Old 04-04-2013, 08:23 AM   #1182
Wanna be Ariel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by puertorican00676 View Post
I would just send them a email. We are staying CL at the Poly for the first time in September. IPO made all my reservations for us. It was wonderful We got everything that we wanted and at the time we asked for(except for one, it was 5 mins later) Check easywdw. Josh should have the October hours posted there for you. I used that for ours and it helped out great.

I love to make our ADR, but I will say with all the problems with the new site I did not want to chance it. At 7 a.m. on 180 day I got a email with all of our conf. numbers. Could not be any easier than that.

Contact them so the can send you the sheet you need to fill out ASAP and let them make your ADR, you wont be sorry.

Have a wonderful trip!

Many Trips Before DS
Sept- Poly CL (DS 1st Trip & DH B-Day)
May- AK Jumbo/SSR (DS B-Day & 1st FG and SWW)
Nov/Dec-BLT LV (DS 1st MVMCP)

Last edited by Wanna be Ariel; 04-04-2013 at 01:00 PM.
Old 04-04-2013, 12:55 PM   #1183
osugal
Mouseketeer

I just glanced at the Swan and Dolphin website today but it mentioned something about a club level. Is that correct? If so - has anyone stayed there?
Old 04-04-2013, 07:21 PM   #1184
mmmears
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Ken View Post
If you didn't reserve directly with Disney, the IPO won't email you. You have to initiate contact by sending them an email.
And even if you do reserve with Disney, you may need to initiate the contact (at least that's been my experience 90% of the time).

* Disneyland * Walt Disney World * Disneyland Paris ** Disney Wonder Bahamas * Disney Wonder Alaska *
*Grand Floridian Resort* Animal Kingdom Lodge * Polynesian Resort * Yacht Club * Beach Club * Disneyland Hotel * Grand Californian Resort *
Old 04-04-2013, 07:23 PM   #1185
mmmears
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Yay for getting the Sunrise Safari! My family has taken that one several times and we get something new out of it each time! I hope you enjoy it as much as we do... AKL CL is really nice -- I love their lounge area.

* Disneyland * Walt Disney World * Disneyland Paris ** Disney Wonder Bahamas * Disney Wonder Alaska *
*Grand Floridian Resort* Animal Kingdom Lodge * Polynesian Resort * Yacht Club * Beach Club * Disneyland Hotel * Grand Californian Resort *
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: