Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-02-2013, 08:59 PM   #1
Athenaa
Earning My Ears

If you were taking your last trip ever to Disneyland...

I know, I know, it's a terrible thought. If you were taking your last trip to DLR and you could only do five things, what would they be? I know "top five attractions" have been done before, but I'm curious to know what you would do if you knew could never go back.

My family and I are going to DLR on Friday, and I am so excited I can hardly wait. I just asked my husband and 13-year-old son this very question, and I found their responses interesting.

My husband, who is a grumpy but lovable Disney sidekick, (i.e., he doesn't really get it but grudgingly supports us in going on return trips because he loves us), started out this way:

1) Eat a turkey leg
2) Sit in Ariel's lap
3).....

At this point, I raised my eyebrow and said, "Seriously?", which of course, was the reaction he was seeking, lol. He changed it to these:

1) World of Color (we've seen it once)
2) Fantasmic
3) Space Mountain
4) Eating a turkey leg while watching World of Color
5) Eating a turkey leg while watching Fantasmic

My husband has been to Disneyland four times, once when he was a kid, which he doesn't remember, and three times with me: age 24, age 33, and age 37.

My 13-year-old son chose the following:

1) World of Color
2) Space Mountain
3) California Screamin'
4) Buzz Lightyear
5) Tarzan's Treehouse ("Mom, it's just such a great movie! Such great music! I really want to just experience the treehouse again!")

He has been to Disneyland twice with us: age 6 and age 10

I chose these:

1) Fireworks (I have never seen them; the past two trips, we sat for 90 minutes waiting in or around the hub, in the "perfect" spots, and they were cancelled due to wind at the last minute, both times). Third time's a charm.
2) Fantasmic
3) World of Color
4) Space Mountain
5) I'm cheating: it's a tie between Splash Mountain and Pirates

I went to Disneyland at age 3, age 5, age 9, age 12, age 20, age 25, age 34, and age 38. It feels as though I've been there a lot more than that, though.

I chose Splash Mountain because I remember the first time I ever went on it. I was 20 years old, and it was 1990; the ride had been open a little over a year. There was no internet back then, so all I knew about it was what I had read from my Birnbaum guidebook, which I had studiously pored over, preparing for the trip. It had been eight years, and I was ready.

I will never forget the feeling of quickly dropping down into the water, feeling a cool little spray, and suddenly seeing all of these amazing, bright, colorful, happy little critters singing, "How do you do?!" I had the biggest, silliest, grin on my face, and all I could think was, "Wow! This is so amazing! I can't believe I'm really here!"

All three times since then, when I first go on that ride, I feel exactly the same way, just like I did back then. Wow. I can't believe I'm really here.

Friday, April 5th, Splash Mountain, here I come.
Athenaa is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: