Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The College Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-02-2013, 07:16 PM   #1
chrome64
Imagineer at Heart

Disney Dreams: We Need Your Help!

I hope this is ok to post here and if not, please whisk it away and I will understand!

To those of you who know me, you know that my family loves Disney more than just about anything else in the whole wide world! Even more than knitting (although it's a very close second!)

My daughter, who is amazing, is graduating from High School in May and has decided that she wants to go to Rosen College at the University of Central Florida. She will be majoring in Hospitality and Event management with a specialty in Theme Park and Resort Management!

I couldn't be prouder!

But we currently live in Alabama and out of state tuition is through the roof! So we have been working as hard as we can to apply for every scholarship that we possibly can in hopes that we can get the amount down to a reasonable amount.

This is where you guys come in!

Katt (Caitlyn), has submitted an entry into the WyzAnt College Scholarship for a chance to win $10,000!!

With tuition/fees/housing coming in at about $32,000/year for out-of-state, this would help a lot!

While her academics are really great (3.87 GPA, 30 ACT), there are so many applicants every year to each scholarship that it's as much a lottery as anything.

For this one, however, they are looking for the popular vote! So if I tell everyone I know and you tell everyone you know and they tell everyone they know, maybe she will have a chance!

So, here is the link:

**VOTE HERE**

http://www.wyzant.com/scholarships/v...arvest-AL.aspx

If you guys would be willing to vote and spread the word by posting this link to Facebook, Twitter, other Disney forums, etc... I will be forever grateful!

Thanks to anyone who is willing to help make my princess's dreams come true!

This is my beautiful Princess and her Magic Hat

And here she is now still promising me that she will never grow up!
Old 04-02-2013, 08:31 PM   #2
surferdude
Mouseketeer

I gave her a vote, best of luck to your daughter!
(As a graduating college student, I know how hard it is to get scholarships)
surferdude is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-12-2013, 09:28 PM   #3
WDW_Diane
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrome64
I hope this is ok to post here and if not, please whisk it away and I will understand!

To those of you who know me, you know that my family loves Disney more than just about anything else in the whole wide world! Even more than knitting (although it's a very close second!)

My daughter, who is amazing, is graduating from High School in May and has decided that she wants to go to Rosen College at the University of Central Florida. She will be majoring in Hospitality and Event management with a specialty in Theme Park and Resort Management!

I couldn't be prouder!

But we currently live in Alabama and out of state tuition is through the roof! So we have been working as hard as we can to apply for every scholarship that we possibly can in hopes that we can get the amount down to a reasonable amount.

This is where you guys come in!

Katt (Caitlyn), has submitted an entry into the WyzAnt College Scholarship for a chance to win $10,000!!

With tuition/fees/housing coming in at about $32,000/year for out-of-state, this would help a lot!

While her academics are really great (3.87 GPA, 30 ACT), there are so many applicants every year to each scholarship that it's as much a lottery as anything.

For this one, however, they are looking for the popular vote! So if I tell everyone I know and you tell everyone you know and they tell everyone they know, maybe she will have a chance!

So, here is the link:

**VOTE HERE**

http://www.wyzant.com/scholarships/v...arvest-AL.aspx

If you guys would be willing to vote and spread the word by posting this link to Facebook, Twitter, other Disney forums, etc... I will be forever grateful!

Thanks to anyone who is willing to help make my princess's dreams come true!

This is my beautiful Princess and her Magic Hat

And here she is now still promising me that she will never grow up!
Voted for her!
Old 04-12-2013, 09:32 PM   #4
lego606
Mouseketeer

You mean this Disney Dreams? :P

Old 04-12-2013, 09:55 PM   #5
HulaTimon
Earning My Ears

Done! I was in her exact same place three years ago, so I know how she feels. Let us know what happens!
HulaTimon is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: