Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-06-2013, 10:39 PM   #1396
tryin
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by glorib View Post
Sitting here in my DCL jammies that DH surprised me with (because I wouldn't buy them for myself) wondering if it would be too much to ask him to rock the bed a little while I drift off to sleep...
Like!
tryin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 04:24 PM   #1397
FSU88
Mouseketeer

Sigh, 3 weeks ago already
But there is a ray of hope waaaaay off in the horizon, we just booked the 5 Night on the Wonder sailing next Spring Break 3/30/14 from Miami.

Like a true first time DCL newb, we did not book another cruise on board. I could have just kicked myself for not knowing that we could book a 'dummy' date then move it later when we could sit down with a school calendar and figure out dates that would work. You better believe I'm booking on board next year. 10% savings on a 7nt Fantasy could equal a nice savings, plus the OBC.

Anyway, we booked via COSTCO, and got a 190.00 gift card, which was the best deal I found.

I joined that thread already, I just wish it was not so far away but at least we have plans, and that's half the battle.

Cheers
Jeff
Register to remove

Old 03-09-2013, 11:38 PM   #1398
dgmommie
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSU88 View Post
But there is a ray of hope waaaaay off in the horizon, we just booked the 5 Night on the Wonder sailing next Spring Break 3/30/14 from Miami.
We booked onboard for spring break next year too, only ours is March 15 on the Fantasy.
Feb. 1992 - WDW Caribbean Beach, Big Red Boat (Disney cruise), Nov. 2000 - WDW Caribbean Beach, Feb. 2002 - WDW All Star Sports, Polynesian, Sep. 2003 - WDW Polynesian, Dec. 2004 - WDW Pop Century, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Oct. 2005 - WDW Pop Century, May 2006 - Disneyland, Mar. 2007 - WDW Pop Century, WDW Coronado Springs, DCL Wonder, Nov. 2007 - DCL Wonder, Dec. 2008 - Disneyland, Dec. 2009 - DCL Wonder, Mar. 2011 - WDW Pop Century, DCL Dream, July 2012 - DCL Fantasy - GOLD CASTAWAY CLUB MEMBERS NOW!!!, Dec. 2012 - Disneyland, Feb. 2013 - DCL Magic, WDW (cruise stop), Mar. 2014 - DCL Fantasy
dgmommie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 12:52 PM   #1399
tryin
Mouseketeer

I booked for a back2back on the Wonder next May. I did a dummy booking on this trip. I just moved it to the 9-night Alaskan on the Wonder. I hopefully will get to go on the 5-night California Coast in conjunction, but doubt it due to our school calendar. It hasn't been approved yet so I don't know when the last day will be for the school year. I am a teacher so it affects my work schedule. Actually, I don't even know if my contract will be renewed, everything is so messed up right now in education.
Old 03-11-2013, 03:31 PM   #1400
KPetty725
DIS Veteran

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by tryin
I booked for a back2back on the Wonder next May. I did a dummy booking on this trip. I just moved it to the 9-night Alaskan on the Wonder. I hopefully will get to go on the 5-night California Coast in conjunction, but doubt it due to our school calendar. It hasn't been approved yet so I don't know when the last day will be for the school year. I am a teacher so it affects my work schedule. Actually, I don't even know if my contract will be renewed, everything is so messed up right now in education.
What's a "back2back"? It sounds cool!

KPetty725 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 11:47 PM   #1401
tryin
Mouseketeer

A back2back is two separate cruises that you take together. The first trip ends, you disembark and then get back on when things are ready for the second cruise to embark. If you have the same room for both trips, you may not even have to remove anything for the second part of your trip.
Old 03-13-2013, 11:59 PM   #1402
purplepaula
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by tryin View Post
A back2back is two separate cruises that you take together. The first trip ends, you disembark and then get back on when things are ready for the second cruise to embark. If you have the same room for both trips, you may not even have to remove anything for the second part of your trip.
I booked the same cruise (California not Alaska) YAY
I didn't book on the cruise never thought I would be able to convince my DH so quickly haha
Although it is only 5 days, it think it sounds perfect, 3 sea days and the price seemed affordable
purplepaula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 08:45 PM   #1403
KPetty725
DIS Veteran

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by tryin
Ooohhhhh!!! That sounds interesting! This might be an idea when we want to cruise longer but don't want to do any port stuff. Thanks for the idea!

Old 03-25-2013, 06:59 PM   #1404
MKCQuilt
Earning My Ears

On the embroidery design - I got it from http://www.froufroubyheathersue.com/
- she had the best designs! They ALWAYS stitch out nicely! Plus, she's a fellow DISer!

Be forwearned: once you start, it's addicting! Heather has so many fabulous designs! Bonus is that at least she usually has a coupon code![/QUOTE]

Thank you so much for including this link to this site of machine designs! I'm thrilled! I'm a big machine embroiderer/quilter - but too poor to buy a Brother machine just to do Disney designs. LOL I have a BabyLoc which I love. These designs come in all formats. Yea!! I'm pleased to support a fellow DISer.
MKCQuilt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 10:01 PM   #1405
KPetty725
DIS Veteran

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSU88 View Post

Like a true first time DCL newb, we did not book another cruise on board. I could have just kicked myself for not knowing that we could book a 'dummy' date then move it later when we could sit down with a school calendar and figure out dates that would work. You better believe I'm booking on board next year. 10% savings on a 7nt Fantasy could equal a nice savings, plus the OBC.

Anyway, we booked via COSTCO, and got a 190.00 gift card, which was the best deal I found.

I joined that thread already, I just wish it was not so far away but at least we have plans, and that's half the battle.

Cheers
Jeff
Seriously having withdrawals now. Heard from Betsy today, though, and that reminded me of a funny thing that happened Sunday.

I was helping Sierra (3) pick up her room and we were talking about her different shoes and where she can wear each pair. When she got to her flip flops, she told me that "flip flops are for going to the Goofy pool, the Mickey pool, and to get ice cream". I think she's officially a cruiser! :-)

Old 04-02-2013, 07:48 PM   #1406
I❤MICKEY
DIS Veteran

We did not book on board. I've regretted it since. Today I received our welcome kit to the castaway club. It included a magnet frame picture of the Magic and 10% off coupon for cruises in 2013 & 2014. Now the debate... use our tax return to pay off all our credit card debt or book a Disney cruise. Decisions, decisions.
I❤MICKEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 07:55 PM   #1407
KPetty725
DIS Veteran

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by I❤MICKEY View Post
We did not book on board. I've regretted it since. Today I received our welcome kit to the castaway club. It included a magnet frame picture of the Magic and 10% off coupon for cruises in 2013 & 2014. Now the debate... use our tax return to pay off all our credit card debt or book a Disney cruise. Decisions, decisions.
Ugh! I'm jealous! We just got hot with an IRS audit. Right now it's looking like our 2014 trip to DL is out of the question.

Old 04-20-2013, 09:43 PM   #1408
dgmommie
Mouseketeer

deleted message
Feb. 1992 - WDW Caribbean Beach, Big Red Boat (Disney cruise), Nov. 2000 - WDW Caribbean Beach, Feb. 2002 - WDW All Star Sports, Polynesian, Sep. 2003 - WDW Polynesian, Dec. 2004 - WDW Pop Century, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Oct. 2005 - WDW Pop Century, May 2006 - Disneyland, Mar. 2007 - WDW Pop Century, WDW Coronado Springs, DCL Wonder, Nov. 2007 - DCL Wonder, Dec. 2008 - Disneyland, Dec. 2009 - DCL Wonder, Mar. 2011 - WDW Pop Century, DCL Dream, July 2012 - DCL Fantasy - GOLD CASTAWAY CLUB MEMBERS NOW!!!, Dec. 2012 - Disneyland, Feb. 2013 - DCL Magic, WDW (cruise stop), Mar. 2014 - DCL Fantasy

Last edited by dgmommie; 04-20-2013 at 10:16 PM. Reason: deleted message
dgmommie is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: