Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-01-2013, 10:29 AM   #2941
disneyshakeygirl
DIS Veteran

Happy belated Easter to those who celebrate! I hope everyone's had a good long weekend .

Nothing new to report here. I'm going to Orlando the first two weeks of July for a family holiday (staying offsite however) and I am so looking forward to it. I've got a job interview (hurray!) on April 13, for a nanny share position, so fingers crossed there.
disneyshakeygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 05:50 PM   #2942
crzyred
I'm lucky any of my clothes are clean, let alone wrinkle free!
I don't do the whole thinking thing!

I got a promotion!! I will be the full-time morning manager at one of our bakeries! I'm excited, not so much for being at work at 4am, but I will be done everyday by noon. Espciallly nice if summer ever decides to show up. This also means that I get a raise. One down fall will be vacation time. It will be harder for me to take off for a week, but I should be able to swing it, with a lot of sucking up to whoever would be covering for me .

Hope all is well!
crzyred is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-02-2013, 05:54 PM   #2943
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by crzyred View Post
I got a promotion!! I will be the full-time morning manager at one of our bakeries! I'm excited, not so much for being at work at 4am, but I will be done everyday by noon. Espciallly nice if summer ever decides to show up. This also means that I get a raise. One down fall will be vacation time. It will be harder for me to take off for a week, but I should be able to swing it, with a lot of sucking up to whoever would be covering for me .

Hope all is well!

Congrats!!
Momof2Disneyboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 07:23 PM   #2944
Dancegrl624
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Hope all is well!
Congrats!

Completed Trip Reports
A Sept 2013 Solo Trip to the World It's A Cat World After All A Sept 2012 TRCelebrations Galore & Free Dining Too! A Sept 2012 PTR
Take Small Children By The Hand...a Sept Trip Report "I Want To Go Back!!!...a Sept 2010 PTR
Heat,Headaches but So Much Fun! My June Birthday TR Wishes Do Come True!...a Birthday PTR A Surprise Fit for a Princess...PTR and TR
1984-1st trip, 1987-offsite, 1991-offsite, 1992-Contemporary (won that trip!), 1997-ASMu, 2002-offsite (DH's 1st trip),
2006-offsite (DD's 1st trip), Jan 2009-offsite, June 2009- Birthday trip at Pop,Sept 2010-Pop Century,Aug 2012-Boardwalk Inn,Sept 2012-POFQ (DS's 1st trip),Sept 2013-CR (Earmarked Conference), March 2014-DCL AEP on the Magic
Dancegrl624 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 08:00 PM   #2945
Disney Mommy 3
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Hope all is well!
Good for you!! I agree...4 would be tough..but off at noon and then a nap while all your friends are still at work could help!! LOL!!!
Old 04-03-2013, 09:37 AM   #2946
Monny2AE
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Hope all is well!
Congrats! 4am sounds rough (unless of course you're getting up that early to go to Disney ) Being finished when the rest of the working world is taking their lunch break sounds fantastic though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyshakeygirl View Post
Happy belated Easter to those who celebrate! I hope everyone's had a good long weekend .

Nothing new to report here. I'm going to Orlando the first two weeks of July for a family holiday (staying offsite however) and I am so looking forward to it. I've got a job interview (hurray!) on April 13, for a nanny share position, so fingers crossed there.
Good luck on your interview!

Monny2AE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 03:11 PM   #2947
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyshakeygirl View Post

Good luck!
Old 04-03-2013, 08:13 PM   #2948
disneyshakeygirl
DIS Veteran

Congrats, crzyred! You must be so pleased!

Kim and Momof2Disneyboys, thank you! Just after I posted that message, I booked another interview, and yesterday morning, I booked another one! So I've got now three interviews over the span of two days!
disneyshakeygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 10:20 PM   #2949
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

Congratulations red! I agree, that early start time would be tough, but naps in the afternoon would help! I hope summer shows up soon - it's still too cold!!

Good luck with your interviews Shakeygirl! I'm sure you'll find something just right for you!

Not much to report here. Still cold, going up to Duluth (where it's colder) for the weekend for Paige's dance competition. Oh, did I mention I got a new car last week? Honda CRV LOVE IT!!!
Mndisneygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 10:34 PM   #2950
crzyred
I'm lucky any of my clothes are clean, let alone wrinkle free!
I don't do the whole thinking thing!

disneyshakeygirl - Good luck!! Sending lots of pixie dust!
crzyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 08:49 PM   #2951
Monny2AE
DIS Veteran

TGIF Snowbirds!!!!! I am SO glad the weekend is here! I have no real plans other than to relax! I finally admitted defeat after 2 weeks of having a horrible head cold and went to the drs. Glad I went- sinus infection and ear infection in one ear! Can't complain though- I really have been lucky this winter and haven't had too many germs get to me. I'm trying to talk DH into going on a day trip to DC tomorrow. The cherry blossoms are in bloom and it's supposed to be beautiful weather.

What's everyone have on their calendar for the weekend?

Monny2AE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 10:11 PM   #2952
Disney Mommy 3
DIS Veteran

Well, dd had her birthday yesterday...#10!!! So today is birthday party time...we went to see The Croods and then came home and had burgers & dogs off the grill...now they are slowly trickling to their own homes...have 4 more here playing for about an hour and 2 will be going home...so out of 6 girls only 2 will be here for the night...which is great because the 2 who are staying are the good sleepers!! LOL!!!! Tomorrow they will be going home bright and early,..all my boys have work to do and then tomorrow afternoon is ds17's Jr. Prom! I can not believe it!! I remember my Jr prom...it was awful...Wanna hear a story?
Well,...I was a Jr and my boyfriend was a Sr...sweet guy,played all the sports and went to church, great family and I loved them all. Truly. he was the first guy I was allowed to date~my birthday is in July so I was one of the last 3 kids in our grade to turn 16..(that was the age to date in my house)...anyhoo...we had dated the entire school year....Prom was in April....He broke up with me about 4 weeks before Prom for another girl~then he brought her to prom and I was absolutely miserable.....My mom pretty much made me go with some other girls and I didn't want to...but she said I would regret it if I didn't. Guess what. I regret that I did. That was one of the longest and most painful nights ever...... So,...that was a peak into my flashback weekend.... OH!! then, at the next prom, my Sr year, one of my best friends got preggo afterwards and all my other friends were on a 2 day drunk. Soooooo....Prom can be a scary thing! Hence, we will be chaperoning and also one set of Prom Photographers...not that we antcipate any of the kids going crazy, but it's always nice to have extra eyes on those little people!! Anyone else have a prom horror story?! Please share so I won't be alone!
Old 04-06-2013, 02:24 PM   #2953
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Birthday party central here last night too!! My oldest turns 14 tomorrow. He had several friends over last night and they had a blast!!

Wow those are some crazy prom stories Shawna!!
Old 04-07-2013, 12:06 AM   #2954
Disney Mommy 3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momof2Disneyboys View Post
Birthday party central here last night too!! My oldest turns 14 tomorrow. He had several friends over last night and they had a blast!!

Wow those are some crazy prom stories Shawna!!
I know!! Isn't that crazy?!! Well, we went to the prom as chaperones and photo people! It was wonderful...the kids were great and parents and teachers danced too! We had a ball...

Shelly, my younger son will be 14 in just a few weeks....that is nuts!!! I can't believe all these little DIS kids are growing up so fast!!!
Old 04-07-2013, 08:59 PM   #2955
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

Hey friends! Happy birthday to the DIS kids! Prom - wow! Mine was nothing to even mention. Went to Jr. Prom with a friend and skipped Sr. prom.

We spent the weekend up in Duluth for Paige's dance competition. it was AMAZING! Paige's class group did really well. They rank the scores from Gold, to High Gold, to Platinum being the highest! On one dance they got Gold, another they got Platinum! Then, their large group from the studio got a Platinum and an encore performance. The 6 encore performers are kind of like competing for Best in Show. Guess What??? THEY WON!!! They were the best performance in the age group (average age 11 or 12 I think). The studio got a trophy that's about 4 feet tall! They were SOO excited!
We are ALL exhausted!
Mndisneygirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: