Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Sea World / Discovery Cove
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-02-2013, 06:35 AM   #1
Wills Mom
DIS Veteran

Single Day at SW

We have single day tickets for SW in May. There are 10 adults aged 25 - 60 and two kids aged 1 and 2. We haven't been in a long time and some of our group have never been so I wanted to pick out the highlights and stick to them. We are staying offsite so QQ isn't on our tickets but at least 5 of us will want to do Manta, Kraken and Atlantis. We want to make it as fun for the kids (and hopefully avoid meltdowns) so what do you suggest? What shows and sites are must do? Bearing in mind we just have one day.
Oh and one last question - are there any baby care centres like at WDW? Or any quiet-ish areas to bring the kids if it looks like a meltdown is inevitable? TIA!

Wills First Adventure TR May 2013

Wills Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 09:24 AM   #2
angelmom27
DIS Veteran

Its all a must really. When you first get there try and get to Atlantis and Kraken. The lines early in the day are pretty short. If you don't mind going as single riders if the Manta line is too long that is an option and usually less wait time.

Show wise Blue Horizon, Alure (a nice afternoon show where the kids can rest in the AC), Pets Ahoy is fun, and one ocean or if shamu rocks is going on skip one ocean and do shamu rocks. The sea lion show is ok but nothing spectacular.

There is a baby care center at shamus happy harbor. Although its not set up like disney. There isn't a room for the kids to sit and watch movies or play. If the kids need a place to run around and big kids take a break there is a nice splash fountain area right there. Its a great way for the kids to just have fun. My kids love it.
Old 04-02-2013, 05:31 PM   #3
Wills Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelmom27
Its all a must really. When you first get there try and get to Atlantis and Kraken. The lines early in the day are pretty short. If you don't mind going as single riders if the Manta line is too long that is an option and usually less wait time.

Show wise Blue Horizon, Alure (a nice afternoon show where the kids can rest in the AC), Pets Ahoy is fun, and one ocean or if shamu rocks is going on skip one ocean and do shamu rocks. The sea lion show is ok but nothing spectacular.

There is a baby care center at shamus happy harbor. Although its not set up like disney. There isn't a room for the kids to sit and watch movies or play. If the kids need a place to run around and big kids take a break there is a nice splash fountain area right there. Its a great way for the kids to just have fun. My kids love it.
Thanks for the tips! I was afraid that everything would be a must lol. We'll be there from early anyway so should be able to map our day out and get the most out of it then

Wills First Adventure TR May 2013

Wills Mom is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: