Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-02-2013, 04:17 PM   #1
BeccaG
DIS Veteran

Le Cellier

I am looking to decrease our ADRs by one and I can't believe it but I'm thinking of cutting Le Cellier! I adore the pretzel bread and cheese soup but the entrée price seems kinda crazy as I have had mixed experiences with their steak. I'd go California Grill instead but it's under rehab during my trip.... Thoughts? Suggestions?
Old 04-02-2013, 04:20 PM   #2
LeahA
DIS Veteran

I recently was looking at their menu and I couldn't believe the prices! We ate there years ago and although we enjoyed the filet, we were on the DDP. I don't think I could afford it OOP for 5 people!

If you weren't totally happy, I would skip it this trip!
SARATOGA SPRINGS RESORT-X2
OLD KEY WEST
WILDERNESS LODGE
POLYNESIAN
POP CENTURY
LeahA is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-02-2013, 05:26 PM   #3
WDWFANCBIIIME
DIS Veteran

Try Jiko or Flying Fish
WDWFANCBIIIME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 05:34 PM   #4
Lauralooneyfordisney
DIS Veteran

I cancelled our Le Cellier ADR as soon as I saw the price change. Even with TIW it wouldn't justify the cost for us. We decided to go a whole other direction and are trying San Angel Inn instead.
Old 04-02-2013, 06:50 PM   #5
TX Momof2
Mouseketeer

My husband really wants to try Le Cellier the next trip. With the increase in prices it seems ridiculous to me! Any other suggestions for where he can get a great steak?

TX Momof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 07:55 PM   #6
WDWFANCBIIIME
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TX Momof2 View Post
My husband really wants to try Le Cellier the next trip. With the increase in prices it seems ridiculous to me! Any other suggestions for where he can get a great steak?
The Wave and Kona both have pretty good Steaks for cheaper than the Signature Restaurants... I honestly thought that my prime rib at Boatwrights was pretty good too
WDWFANCBIIIME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 09:39 PM   #7
BenandMorgsMom
Mouseketeer

Could not agree with all of you more. We are coming down end of week for 2 weeks....booked a couple signatures....without looking closely at menus since we have been many times before. Took a gander....we cancelled both. The prices are insane and way beyond an OOP that I can justify even with the TIW. My husband is still muttering about the crazy hike in prices...for what??? We are DVC so we never use DDP. Oh well.
The Steak and Prime Rib at Turf Club at Saratoga is always excellent and less than 1/2 the price of signature. Just another option.
BenandMorgsMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 09:51 PM   #8
Dizzytime
DIS Veteran

Lots of talk about this, but we have had nothing but the best of experiences with Le Cellier, the last being a couple months back. We pay oop (with TIW card), and it's still a must do for us, no doubt about it. Wonderful dinner, really, really good.

Wherever you go, have a great time.

Dizzytime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 02:35 AM   #9
BeccaG
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenandMorgsMom
Could not agree with all of you more. We are coming down end of week for 2 weeks....booked a couple signatures....without looking closely at menus since we have been many times before. Took a gander....we cancelled both. The prices are insane and way beyond an OOP that I can justify even with the TIW. My husband is still muttering about the crazy hike in prices...for what??? We are DVC so we never use DDP. Oh well.
The Steak and Prime Rib at Turf Club at Saratoga is always excellent and less than 1/2 the price of signature. Just another option.
Turf Club might be a good option as we are staying there. Thanks for the suggestion
Old 04-03-2013, 09:18 AM   #10
Arsenal1982
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzytime View Post
Lots of talk about this, but we have had nothing but the best of experiences with Le Cellier, the last being a couple months back. We pay oop (with TIW card), and it's still a must do for us, no doubt about it. Wonderful dinner, really, really good.

Wherever you go, have a great time.

Same with us. Also, every time I'm at Le Celier, I witness people walking very slowly when they leave because they are so full and they also have a huge smile on their faces. People love this place.
Arsenal1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 09:23 AM   #11
watkinsme
I Won a One More Disney Day Sweepstakes :)

You could always just go for a snack or light meal of soup bread and dessert.
watkinsme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 09:31 AM   #12
wiigirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWFANCBIIIME View Post
Try Jiko or Flying Fish
Can't go wrong with either IMHO.
Old 04-03-2013, 09:48 AM   #13
goofyintoronto
Proud foot flusher
I really wanted to like it, but I didn't

LC is mediocre, at best. Its a highly overrated restaurant. Their steak is nothing special, and the famous cheese soup is not very good. My personal opinion. I was willing to give this place another chance....but after it became a signature, there's no way in heck.

There are far better places to eat in epcot...Tutto, Via, Chefs/France. For good steak in the epcot area, I heard Shula's is the place to be. Its at the swan/dolphin. I havent tried it yet thou, but im hoping to on my next trip!

........."Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor, mantengase alejado de las puertas".........

AUGUST "2013" DINING REVIEW / AUGUST "2012" DINING REVIEW

I've been BOO'ED by Forum Jumper!!!
goofyintoronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 11:40 AM   #14
davedmaine
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeccaG
I am looking to decrease our ADRs by one and I can't believe it but I'm thinking of cutting Le Cellier! I adore the pretzel bread and cheese soup but the entrée price seems kinda crazy as I have had mixed experiences with their steak. I'd go California Grill instead but it's under rehab during my trip.... Thoughts? Suggestions?
Do yourself a favor and check out the recent reviews on trip advisor for Lc. People get really heated about it and Tony's for some reason, but many dis reviewers haven't been there for years. One person gave a very negative review on Tony's just recently but then admitted she hadn't been there in 8 years. Lc is tricky here because the majority of reviews turned negative when it went to 2 credits on the dining plan.
davedmaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 01:36 PM   #15
housetomouse
DIS Veteran

The prices are shocking, but the filet I had there was the best meal I had in WDW.
housetomouse is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: