Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-02-2013, 03:07 PM   #1
rroberts
The family that vacations together, stays together

Vacation Planner or on your own?

Would love your opinion's.

Our family travels to WDW about twice a year. In the past we have always done the planning and arrangements ourselves. This year we are doing a land and sea (and land again) trip in July. This will be only the second time we have used a vacation planner. The first time it was a family friend and there were many issues. But we learned a lot about how things work at Disney. Since then we have always done the planning ourselves. The last trip we had almost two weeks and three families. Worked great. I listen to a particular web podcast and they mention a travel company all the time. One of the folks is usually part of the crew doing the podcast. So I decided to use them on our cruise. Maybe I am expecting too much. But so far they gave us wrong pricing. Wrong info on passports. Had my 11 year old daughter as 11 months, which changes a lot. They also have not given any suggestions about booking anything on the cruise, like Palo. Should I expect more or should I just do the planning myself?

Our trip after this one is in December and we will have 4 families and about 20 people. I've been the coordinator for the multi family trips and am always presenting options and opinions. Since we have never done a cruise I was hoping the Disney planning company was going to do the same.

So should I just do the planning or should I not be so grumpy and trust the planners?
rroberts is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: