Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-02-2013, 01:15 PM   #1
pocomom
Brr.....

Are their deals anywhere on annual passes?

starting to price out a potential trip for next winter and saw that an annual pass is cheaper than the 10 day tickets for us, family of 5 by nearly $200, dealing with disney directly. (which of course got me thinking about taking 2 trips Was wondering if UT or anywhere else offers deals on the annual passes?

not letting me change the glaring typo in the headline... I do know my their/there

Last edited by pocomom; 04-02-2013 at 02:31 PM.
pocomom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 01:55 PM   #2
jedijill
Chiefs fan living in Bronco country

The only way to get a discount that I know of is by belonging to DVC or being a Florida resident.

Jill in CO
Register to remove

Old 04-02-2013, 02:03 PM   #3
mommycrawford
DIS Veteran

Buying discounted tickets, and then upgrading them after using them for a day seems to be the best value I've seen.
Old 04-02-2013, 02:08 PM   #4
tlh0726
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocomom View Post
starting to price out a potential trip for next winter and saw that an annual pass is cheaper than the 10 day tickets for us, family of 5 by nearly $200, dealing with disney directly. (which of course got me thinking about taking 2 trips Was wondering if UT or anywhere else offers deals on the annual passes?

Unless you are taking 2 trips into your calculations I am not seeing where AP's are cheaper than 10 day tickets

From the Disney website:

Adult AP - $611.31
Adult Premium AP $744.44

Adult 10 day park ticket $338.67
Adult 10 day with PH or WP $399.38
Adult 10 day with PH and WP $422.81

Apr 2014 Offsite, Aug 2013 Pop Century, Apr 2013 Fort Wilderness, Nov 2012 Pop Century, June 2012 Fort Wilderness, Mar 2012 Offsite,
Aug 2011 Offsite, Apr 2011 Pop Century, Oct 2010 Pop Century, Apr 2010 Fort Wilderness, Mar 2009 Pop Century, June 1997 Offsite, Dec 1996 Offsite
tlh0726 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 02:19 PM   #5
pocomom
Brr.....

I went in and priced out the two options
10 days 2 adults, 3 children
and got :

$3,248.12 for tickets and

$3,056.55 for annual passes

I see what you are saying, but I don't know what happened.... let me rerun.

ok never mind for some reason when I run it with the tickets it includes my campground reservations in the cost and when I run it with the annual passes it doesn't grrr.... really wish they would work on their online stuff. I also can only reserve a campsite 6 months out unless I call. Anyway we may still go with the annual passes and try to swing two trips one at the begining and next years right before the passes are up. After that my big girls will be back in public school and with sports and school I don't think we'll be going again .
pocomom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 03:17 PM   #6
tlh0726
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocomom View Post
I went in and priced out the two options
10 days 2 adults, 3 children
and got :

$3,248.12 for tickets and

$3,056.55 for annual passes

I see what you are saying, but I don't know what happened.... let me rerun.

ok never mind for some reason when I run it with the tickets it includes my campground reservations in the cost and when I run it with the annual passes it doesn't grrr.... really wish they would work on their online stuff. I also can only reserve a campsite 6 months out unless I call. Anyway we may still go with the annual passes and try to swing two trips one at the begining and next years right before the passes are up. After that my big girls will be back in public school and with sports and school I don't think we'll be going again .
You can book up to Dec 31st 2013 on the website. Anything past that date you need to call to book.
FYI, 2014 pricing has not been released as of yet, so even if you book 2014 dates now, room/site charge will increase when prices are released.

Apr 2014 Offsite, Aug 2013 Pop Century, Apr 2013 Fort Wilderness, Nov 2012 Pop Century, June 2012 Fort Wilderness, Mar 2012 Offsite,
Aug 2011 Offsite, Apr 2011 Pop Century, Oct 2010 Pop Century, Apr 2010 Fort Wilderness, Mar 2009 Pop Century, June 1997 Offsite, Dec 1996 Offsite
tlh0726 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 04:47 PM   #7
Cheshire Figment
Friend of Figment

If you go to the locked sticky Everything About WDW Tickets in the TPA&S Forum, especially Post #18-C, you can get a lot more information. An easy way to get to the sticky is by clicking on the link in my signature. The ticket sticky is your friend!

Now Working Part Time at Walt Disney World! (Guest Services/Ticket Sales)

A few very helpful links which are on DisBoards:
Everything About WDW Tickets and this one disABILITIES FAQs
Cheshire Figment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 09:08 PM   #8
MommaBerd
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheshire Figment View Post
If you go to the locked sticky Everything About WDW Tickets in the TPA&S Forum, especially Post #18-C, you can get a lot more information. An easy way to get to the sticky is by clicking on the link in my signature. The ticket sticky is your friend!
Hi - I went and looked at the sticky, and I have a question. At a ticket reseller's website, they have conveniently listed the savings amount off the gate price for every combination of days and kinds of tickets. Should I just purchase the one with the biggest savings amount and then upgrade to an AP when I get there? Am I thinking that through correctly? Thanks so much!
(16) (10) (8) (6)
MommaBerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 10:12 PM   #9
rachel09985
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommaBerd View Post
Hi - I went and looked at the sticky, and I have a question. At a ticket reseller's website, they have conveniently listed the savings amount off the gate price for every combination of days and kinds of tickets. Should I just purchase the one with the biggest savings amount and then upgrade to an AP when I get there? Am I thinking that through correctly? Thanks so much!
You are thinking things correctly, but you want to make sure you don't get a ticket that actually costs more than the annual pass is worth.

From UT it looked to me like a 6 Day PH WP NE ticket was the best option that was under the price of the AP. I think it saves about $28.

Dining Review December 2011 Dining Review June 2011 Dining Review December 2010 TR Nov 2012 Dining Review Nov 2012
1998- Dixie Landings 2005- Pop/Saratoga Springs 2008- Pop Century 2009- Pop Century 2010- Pop Century 2011 Pop Century x2! 2012 Art of Animation
rachel09985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 05:28 AM   #10
MommaBerd
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachel09985 View Post

You are thinking things correctly, but you want to make sure you don't get a ticket that actually costs more than the annual pass is worth.
I guess that's where I'm confused. Because there's an 8 Day PH WP NE that is discounted $64 and that *seems* like the best option. Do I need to divide by the number of days?
(16) (10) (8) (6)
Old 04-03-2013, 05:48 AM   #11
Marionnette
Wishing On A Star
I stop in the middle and make others step over me while pretending not to understand English

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommaBerd View Post
I guess that's where I'm confused. Because there's an 8 Day PH WP NE that is discounted $64 and that *seems* like the best option. Do I need to divide by the number of days?
You want to get the biggest savings while keeping the gate value of the ticket under $611.31 (the cost of a regular AP). The gate price of an adult 8-day MYW hopper with WPF&M (no-expiry) is $ 630.48. If you were to purchase one, the gate value of the ticket would exceed the price of an AP.

Marionnette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 05:59 AM   #12
MommaBerd
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marionnette View Post
You want to get the biggest savings while keeping the gate value of the ticket under $611.31 (the cost of a regular AP). The gate price of an adult 8-day MYW hopper with WPF&M (no-expiry) is $ 630.48. If you were to purchase one, the gate value of the ticket would exceed the price of an AP.
Ok - I understand the source of my confusion...I was comparing the ticket prices to a PAP, not a regular AP. Thanks!!!
(16) (10) (8) (6)
Old 04-12-2013, 02:58 PM   #13
nickeldc
Earning My Ears

I was reading a blog, and it said that sometimes Disney releases discount codes or deals on Annual Passes. Is that true?
1998 - Coronado Springs
1990-1995 Offsite (I was a kid - my parents got annual tickets (we lived in NY!) and we went often)

nickeldc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 04:39 PM   #14
Marionnette
Wishing On A Star
I stop in the middle and make others step over me while pretending not to understand English

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickeldc View Post
I was reading a blog, and it said that sometimes Disney releases discount codes or deals on Annual Passes. Is that true?
Sometimes = very rarely

It's not completely unheard of. This past fall, DVC owners were given the opportunity to purchase PAPs for less than they would pay for an AP. DVC members normally get a discount on APs and PAPs anyway. This was a steeper discount and had a very short window of time when they could be purchased.

There are discounts for military members who purchase at SoG (basically saving the sales tax - 6.5%).

And Florida residents can get discounted APs, PAPs and seasonal APs. They also have Epcot after 4 PM APs.

But the general public doesn't get a shot at discounted APs. At least, I don't remember a discount at any time in recent history.

Marionnette is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: