Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure Forums
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-01-2013, 08:21 PM   #1
Tannison
Earning My Ears

Staying onsite in June

We will be staying onsite ar RPR from June 16th-19th. We plan on doing IOA two days and US for one. Based on the crowds, is it realistic to think we can go back to the hotel for a midday break and enjoy the pool, etc and still be able to see most everything in the three days we will be there?

The primary reason for staying on site for us is the express passes and the convenience, but I am really hoping to enjoy the resort as well.

I guess I'm just trying to make sure I have realistic expectations. I know the EPs will be a big help, but not sure what to expect crowd wise and if we really will have time to enjoy the resort.

Thanks!

Tannison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 09:13 PM   #2
mjohnson96
DIS Veteran

We stay onsite all the time and always have time to relax We normally go in the morning for early entry and then head back to the hotel around lunch time for naps/pool time/food. Then we would head back to the park in the evening to do a few more things before they closed and then back to the hotel for more pool time I know at RPH they had movies in the evening so we would hang out by the pool and see parts of the movie while the kids swam.

I don't see why you could not see most of what you want with 3 days and have time to hang out at the resort! We will be arriving just after you leave for 3 nights and looking forward to the trip and the benefits of staying onsite!

mjohnson96 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-01-2013, 09:58 PM   #3
Tannison
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjohnson96
We stay onsite all the time and always have time to relax We normally go in the morning for early entry and then head back to the hotel around lunch time for naps/pool time/food. Then we would head back to the park in the evening to do a few more things before they closed and then back to the hotel for more pool time I know at RPH they had movies in the evening so we would hang out by the pool and see parts of the movie while the kids swam.

I don't see why you could not see most of what you want with 3 days and have time to hang out at the resort! We will be arriving just after you leave for 3 nights and looking forward to the trip and the benefits of staying onsite!
Thanks for the reply! I am relieved to hear that it shouldn't be a problem. Have a great trip!

Old 04-02-2013, 01:15 AM   #4
ky07
Proud Redhead
Earning My Globe •o•
Yeah and we all are trying to get together

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tannison View Post

Thanks for the reply! I am relieved to hear that it shouldn't be a problem. Have a great trip!
You should be fine cause whenever we stay onsite we do the midday break and its never a problem and we will be there at the same time you are
Old 04-02-2013, 10:21 AM   #5
Planogirl
I feel the nerd in me stirring already
Oh well, let's look on the bright side
If I hadn't been so wiped out I would have kissed my anesthesiologist

We do a midday break even when we don't stay onsite! I love to eat at Citywalk and stroll down to one of the resorts for a bit of shopping and to get something to drink. It is nice to get out of the heat and crowds for a while and it's so easy so why not?
Old 04-02-2013, 01:29 PM   #6
Bluer101
Waiting till vacation comes!

We stay at RPR in the summer for 9 days over July 4 th week and everyday we do the parks in the AM and return to RPR for lunch and pool. Some days we pool hop to HRH and have lunch and slide time there for a few hours.

The best thing to do one morning is to put on your wet clothes and go to IOA and ride the water rides over and over with express. Then play in the water areas in Camp Jurassic. Also it's fun to stand right in the splash zone at the JP ride. We also play in the fountains in Toon Lagoon. Then after a morning if wet fun return to RPR or HRH for lunch, pool, and relaxation. Then after a fun afternoon get showered up have dinner in Citywalk. Then head to the park of choice to close it out.

We do this just about every other day in the summer.
Old 04-02-2013, 01:54 PM   #7
HarleyGirl514
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluer101 View Post
We stay at RPR in the summer for 9 days over July 4 th week and everyday we do the parks in the AM and return to RPR for lunch and pool. Some days we pool hop to HRH and have lunch and slide time there for a few hours.

The best thing to do one morning is to put on your wet clothes and go to IOA and ride the water rides over and over with express. Then play in the water areas in Camp Jurassic. Also it's fun to stand right in the splash zone at the JP ride. We also play in the fountains in Toon Lagoon. Then after a morning if wet fun return to RPR or HRH for lunch, pool, and relaxation. Then after a fun afternoon get showered up have dinner in Citywalk. Then head to the park of choice to close it out.

We do this just about every other day in the summer.
I love your plan so much I added it to my "itinerary"!! Sounds like heaven to me!! Only 75 days and I'll be doing just that!!

DH , Me , DD (13) DS (12) , DS (11) DD (8) DS (6)
HarleyGirl514 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 02:53 PM   #8
Tannison
Earning My Ears

Thanks everyone for the feedback! I am so excited now!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: