Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Coping and Compassion
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-28-2013, 10:23 AM   #46
mommasita
I am like HELLO IT IS TEN OCLOCK...Anderson is on

Has a sweetie who is Furbilicious

DISboards Moderator

Boy, I am sorry to hear this... More thoughts and prayers.
Old 03-28-2013, 12:40 PM   #47
Mrs. Ciz
DIS Veteran

Same thing happened to my mom after brain surgery. Thank goodness they realized you had a clot because now they can treat it. I hope and pray you are good to go soon! So glad you continue to check in.
DL: Too many times to count growing up, DL: Jr. High Grad Trip 1980, WDW: Summer 1983, DL: New Year's Eve 1989, WDW: August 1995, DLR: Christmas 2001, DLR: June 2003, WDW: July 2010, WDW: Dec 2011, WDW: June 2013, DLR: July 2013

Wyndham Timeshare Owner & RCI Member since 1985

Last edited by Mrs. Ciz; 03-28-2013 at 06:43 PM.
Mrs. Ciz is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-28-2013, 03:11 PM   #48
ccgirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katekins13 View Post
Hi everyone... The disboards have helped me out in so many disney related ways, that when I didnt know where else to turn - I figured this was the right place.

Monday I am having the scariest surgery of my life - removal of a brain tumor. I am only 31 and I am married with a 7 month old daughter. I am so scared of not waking up and never seeing my family again - but I know that the sooner I have the surgery the better. Earlier this month we took a two week land/sea vacation at disney and I made sure to take pictures of everything! In fact, in order to keep my mind off of the surgery I've begun planning a vacation next year for my entire family (parents, siblings and their families). Believe it or not - it has really helped. Now two days before the surgery I just can't my mind straight... I don't know what I'm looking for from this...maybe just some good vibes...
Sending prayers, good vibes and lots of pixie dust your way.
Pre-Trip Report http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2503063
Oct 2011 - F&W AKL and BCV
May 2012 - HGVC SeaWorld
ccgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 05:20 PM   #49
Meliechick
Mouseketeer

I am in my 30's and I was diagnosed with a large blot clot about five months ago. Then was told that I needed abdominal surgery right away last month to remove 2 large tumors. I have a phobia of needles so the past several months have been stressful to say the least. I was lucky to have a brave husband that was willing to learn and administer the shots in my stomach.

All that to say I understand a little bit of what you are a dealing wiith. I just want to say if I can handle it, you can too. I'm a wuss when it comes to pain and worrying.
Meliechick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 01:33 PM   #50
Ed5781
Dead men tell no tales!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katekins13 View Post
Hi everyone... The disboards have helped me out in so many disney related ways, that when I didnt know where else to turn - I figured this was the right place.

Monday I am having the scariest surgery of my life - removal of a brain tumor. I am only 31 and I am married with a 7 month old daughter. I am so scared of not waking up and never seeing my family again - but I know that the sooner I have the surgery the better. Earlier this month we took a two week land/sea vacation at disney and I made sure to take pictures of everything! In fact, in order to keep my mind off of the surgery I've begun planning a vacation next year for my entire family (parents, siblings and their families). Believe it or not - it has really helped. Now two days before the surgery I just can't my mind straight... I don't know what I'm looking for from this...maybe just some good vibes...
Hey! I didn't know you were on disboards!! I'll be sending you a PM on FB later today to see how you're doing.

August 1991-Offsite (first trip, 10 years old), March 1999-Offsite (high school trip), August 2000-Offsite, April 2009-POR-French Quarter (purchased DVC (BLT) on trip), May 2010-SSR, December 2011-BLT, September 2012-BCV (DS 2nd bday), September 2013-BCV (DS 3rd bday)
Ed5781 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 03:55 PM   #51
Katekins13
Mouseketeer

Thanks again everyone. Reading everyone's experiences and kind words really has helped me stay positive. Hopefully ill be moving out of ICU today and with any luck home (for good!) within a week. The disboards really have been helping with my sanity and a great distraction :-)

Katekins13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 05:15 AM   #52
Katekins13
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed5781 View Post

Hey! I didn't know you were on disboards!! I'll be sending you a PM on FB later today to see how you're doing.
Small world - right? :-) Thanks :-)

Old 04-02-2013, 12:19 PM   #53
Katekins13
Mouseketeer

Hi guys! Good news - I'm home. Hopefully third time's a charm! Lol. I feel beat up and frustrated bc I have no control, but it feels so good being home and I am sure in time with therapy and rest ill be back to my old self with just a few more battle wounds :-)

Old 04-02-2013, 01:23 PM   #54
mommasita
I am like HELLO IT IS TEN OCLOCK...Anderson is on

Has a sweetie who is Furbilicious

DISboards Moderator

Glad to hear!! It is frustrating, I know it is.. But you are right, time and rest will heal the inside and out..

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: