Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-02-2013, 09:43 AM   #211
jade1
If your lucky enough to live on the lake, your lucky enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brucerob62 View Post
THE 2 Biggest perks are ..no renting cars..no worries about luggage if flying, IT was nice getting on ME having someone else drive us and not worry about going and waiting for luggage in the airport. and Disney transportation. Now its cheaper to stay off site for sure. But to each his own, i do both depending on my financial situation for the trip.
Also the biggest perk for us is time. Being in our room 5 minutes after Wishes (BLT) or after Illuminations (BCV), or leaving our room 10 minutes before we our ADR or FP+ in EPCOT, or for breaks back at the room etc.
Old 04-02-2013, 09:50 AM   #212
TheShea's
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jade1 View Post
Also the biggest perk for us is time. Being in our room 5 minutes after Wishes (BLT) or after Illuminations (BCV), or leaving our room 10 minutes before we our ADR or FP+ in EPCOT, or for breaks back at the room etc.
That's probably reason #1 for our family as well. That and the feeling of being immersed in Disney while at the resort. I know some people may be Disney Overloaded by the end of the day or mid-vacation but we really like and appreciatge the experience.
TheShea's is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-02-2013, 09:52 AM   #213
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
IMO EMH is being eliminated "for now".

Then low and behold a couple years down the road-you can pay an additional $19.99 for EE and your wrist band will let you in.

Or for $29.99 you can stay a few hours after closing and your wrist band will light up the Mickey, allowing you on attractions after hours.

Or if you buy DVC, or stay Deluxe, or something along this line-again IMO.
This would not surprise me at all.

They really need to tread lightly though. Once things tip people in favor of staying offsite and they have cars, they'll realize there are much cheaper restaurants close by. And it will be much easier to to add that day at Universal or Sea World.

I really think one of the smartest marketing moves Disney has done is getting people to stay on sit without cars, allowing them to capture close to 100% of the vacation dollar.

I happily stay onsite. I don't want that to change. But as prices go up (are value resorts really over $200 right now? ) I'm not immune to the temptation of cheaper lodging elsewhere. And once I get a car.... well.......

I guess it's sort of like the book "If you give a mouse a cookie....." Only we'll call this book "If you give a guest of the Mouse a car......"
mom2rtk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 11:11 AM   #214
jade1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk View Post

They really need to tread lightly though. Once things tip people in favor of staying offsite and they have cars, they'll realize there are much cheaper restaurants close by. And it will be much easier to to add that day at Universal or Sea World.

I really think one of the smartest marketing moves Disney has done is getting people to stay on sit without cars, allowing them to capture close to 100% of the vacation dollar.

I happily stay onsite. I don't want that to change. But as prices go up (are value resorts really over $200 right now? ) I'm not immune to the temptation of cheaper lodging elsewhere. And once I get a car.... well.......

I guess it's sort of like the book "If you give a mouse a cookie....." Only we'll call this book "If you give a guest of the Mouse a car......"
Agree-I think it will be a blend of charging somehow, and enticing onsite stays as well. They could also "allow" onsite guests to pick FP+ from "both" categories of attractions, give extra FP+ to Deluxe/DVC, maybe EMH will be no additional charge to onsite, but billable to offsite.

It all hinges on how the whole thing is working once its live IMO.

By the way we just paid $78 for an Allstar arrival night last month.
Old 04-02-2013, 11:48 AM   #215
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:

By the way we just paid $78 for an Allstar arrival night last month.
I think the $200 value rate was over Easter at peak pricing. Still, that's just nuts. I priced a Little Mermaid room in early June for 1 night and it was $166. I had considered a weekend night and it was $194.
Old 04-02-2013, 12:34 PM   #216
squirrel4569
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megsie1000 View Post
They don't have those at the deluxe resorts, though. I don't know if they think people with more money are better behaved or what. My favorite bus experiences have been at the value. I like the orderly queue at the bus depots at those resorts. My worst bus experience was at the Beach Club. Complete chaos. We were one of the first families there (must have just missed a bus) and dozen of people came up to the bus stop after us. When the MK bus finally arrived 25 minutes later people pushed and shoved in front of us to get on. We barely got on as a family. Ugh!
On my first trip to WDW as an adult with my ex and her kids we encountered some of the rudest people ever. We went to MK and parked in the lot (we stayed off-site and had driven our own car) and went to get on the tram to get to MK. People were pushing and shoving and two other dads nearly got into a fist fight about it! A woman with a stroller got knocked down by another family. It was chaos. We just stepped back and let the crazy people go. Later that day in the park there was a fight because a guy tried to cut his family of 6 in front of the line to see Mickey. I was amazed at the gall of some of the guests.

Thankfully we haven't seen anything like that since. In my return trips pretty much everyone we've encountered has been pleasant and courteous.
April 1981 - Holiday Inn - MK only (no other parks existed!);May 1999 - Travelodge - First adult trip;Aug 2003 - Disneyland's California Adventure;Dec 2004 - La Quinta - Christmas trip w/fiance to HS;Sep 2010 - Pop - DD1's 5th birthday;Nov 2012 - AoA - DD2's 4th birthday (KOTS trip);Aug 2013 - AoA - Just because trip

squirrel4569 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 01:10 PM   #217
jade1

Quote:
I think the $200 value rate was over Easter at peak pricing. Still, that's just nuts. I priced a Little Mermaid room in early June for 1 night and it was $166. I had considered a weekend night and it was $194.
Yea that is a lot-we also had a BW Inn room for $278, to go along with a BCV studio and BWV studio that week. First stay there-it was very nice and the beds were incredible.

Time of year can make a big difference.

June 2 I get Allstars for $109, Car Beach $196 and Yacht Club $341

June 18 Allstars $113 Car Beach $157 Yacht Club $286

Last edited by jade1; 04-02-2013 at 01:18 PM.
jade1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 01:19 PM   #218
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Yea that is a lot-we also had a BW Inn room for $278, to go along with a BCV studio and BWV studio that week. First stay there-it was very nice and the beds were incredible.

Time of year can make a big difference.

June 2 I get Allstars for $109, Car Beach $196 and Yacht Club $341
Yep, just one of many reasons to avoid peak season.

We ended up reserving our 2 night stay at the Pop. It was part of the room discount deal and ended up $127/night. We're used to value season prices, but didn't have much choice on these dates. I'm just glad I avoided the weekend pricing. This is just a bonus stop on our way back from the beach. Since we're only doing 1 evening EMH as our entire park visit, we had to be on-site.

Without EMH, we probably would have just flown out of Ft. Myer near where we're spending the preceding week. Disney would have completely lost out on 2 single day park tickets, 2 nights onsite, 2 character meals, and some shopping at DTD.
Old 04-02-2013, 01:21 PM   #219
jade1

Quote:
Yep, just one of many reasons to avoid peak season.

We ended up reserving our 2 night stay at the Pop. It was part of the room discount deal and ended up $127/night. We're used to value season prices, but didn't have much choice on these dates. I'm just glad I avoided the weekend pricing. This is just a bonus stop on our way back from the beach.
We are all for bonus stays-that's a pretty good price and we would for sure do that over off site. Keep an eye on Swan/Dolphin-its often around $175 (AAA) and a killer location. We grabbed that a couple nights as well for the kids-bad planning meant take what we can get.

Last edited by jade1; 04-02-2013 at 01:35 PM.
jade1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 01:25 PM   #220
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
We are all for bonus stays-that's a pretty good price and we would for sure do that over off site.
It was the only way I could visit a theme park in the summer..... as a vampire. We'll go in around 4 and stay until 1. I'm really going to miss that 3rd EMH hour.
Old 04-02-2013, 01:37 PM   #221
Lesleyluvsdisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WEDWDW View Post
I can't believe no one has mentioned the MOST amazing perk of staying on property:

STACEY!!!!!!!!!!
Is Stacey STILL there? we've not been since late 2010, I was just saying to DH other night, oh I wonder who'll do the top ten ride TV thing when we're there! x
1998 - Port Orleans French Quarter * 1999 - All Star Music * 2000 - All Star Sports * 2001 - All Star Movies * 2002 - All Star Movies * 2004 - All Star Movies * 2006 - Caribbean Beach HONEYMOON!* 2008 - Port Orleans Riverside *2010 - Old Key West* 2013 - Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa
*2015 - Old Key West

Magical Disneyland Paris Visits!2001 - Santa Fe Hotel * 2002 - Disneyland Hotel[COLOR="New York[/B][/B][/B][/B]

PaleGreen"]* 2005 - Hotel New York
[/[B]2011 - Hotel New York

Disneyland & California AdventureOct 2009 - 1st visit!
Lesleyluvsdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 01:46 PM   #222
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
We are all for bonus stays-that's a pretty good price and we would for sure do that over off site. Keep an eye on Swan/Dolphin-its often around $175 (AAA) and a killer location. We grabbed that a couple nights as well for the kids-bad planning meant take what we can get.
Thanks for the photos. That does look awesome. If we were going to Epcot or DHS I'd probably be on the phone right now checking out the rates!
Old 04-02-2013, 01:48 PM   #223
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lesleyluvsdisney View Post
Is Stacey STILL there? we've not been since late 2010, I was just saying to DH other night, oh I wonder who'll do the top ten ride TV thing when we're there! x
Not only is she still there, they have added new Stacey footage in New Fantasyland.
Old 04-02-2013, 01:54 PM   #224
Lesleyluvsdisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Not only is she still there, they have added new Stacey footage in New Fantasyland.
oh well! x
1998 - Port Orleans French Quarter * 1999 - All Star Music * 2000 - All Star Sports * 2001 - All Star Movies * 2002 - All Star Movies * 2004 - All Star Movies * 2006 - Caribbean Beach HONEYMOON!* 2008 - Port Orleans Riverside *2010 - Old Key West* 2013 - Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa
*2015 - Old Key West

Magical Disneyland Paris Visits!2001 - Santa Fe Hotel * 2002 - Disneyland Hotel[COLOR="New York[/B][/B][/B][/B]

Old 04-02-2013, 01:57 PM   #225
Lesleyluvsdisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Agree! Although I don't see a day I don't stay onsite x
*2015 - Old Key West

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: