Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-01-2013, 09:34 PM   #1
Christen99
Wet behind the ears

I can't stand the new WDW website...link to old?

Is there a way to get to the old website? When we initially booked last month, I really liked the website. It never lost my ADR's, it didn't lock up, and it wasn't slower than a snail running a one legged relay.

I also loved seeing my daily countdown. Seriously...it was the highlight of my day to see how many days until our vacation!
Christen99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 10:10 PM   #2
LunarDistortion
Earning My Ears

Sadly, I don't think you can get back to the old layout, as the links change as well.
Register to remove

Old 04-02-2013, 05:08 AM   #3
ChrisnKim913
DIS Veteran

Ahhhh the greatness that is the Disney World Website. I wish we could get the old site back but that won't happen. I know the frustration you are having with the site. I just had it last night lol
ChrisnKim913 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 05:13 AM   #4
Princess Leia
DIS Veteran

I'm having such problems booking my Disney dining. I keep getting all sorts of error messages. Sometimes I use the UK site and sometimes the international one but they both have problems. This morning the UK one has server unavailable and the international one won't link with my dining plan. It really is a sport in itself. Not fun!
Princess Leia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 10:39 AM   #5
makeitmagic39
Earning My Ears

You can still see your countdown!! It is under the My Disney Experience!

I preferred the original site because I could actually see the details for my trip, like my flight times, and just more specific things. It took me forever to find how much I still needed to pay for my trip. But I did find that (feewwwww)
makeitmagic39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 11:12 AM   #6
Christen99
Wet behind the ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by makeitmagic39 View Post

I preferred the original site because I could actually see the details for my trip, like my flight times, and just more specific things. It took me forever to find how much I still needed to pay for my trip. But I did find that (feewwwww)
Thanks! I just found the countdown...which of course is wrong lol. Half of our reservations are missing,even though I've linked them numerous times. Thankfully I'm using a different app to keep track.

You would think that with the thousands of dollars people plunk down to visit WDW they could at least give them a working tool to plan with.
Christen99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 11:55 AM   #7
jennyst
Earning My Ears

Maybe you should send some feedback to the webmaster, and put this forum url as a reference since everyone is complaining about the new layout?

jennyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 12:24 PM   #8
momof2n2
I homeschool. What's your superpower? ♥

Glad I'm not the only one who finds it aggravating.
All stays offsite.
DCL - 3n WONDER 2001
DCL - 4n MAGIC 2014
DLR in '77 & '98
Weighing DLR vs. DCL for 5/2015
momof2n2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 02:13 PM   #9
Peepster

Earning My Ears

I'm sorry. I have to comment because this morning for the first time in 50 trips to WDW I cried while talking to a CM while trying to make a reservation and I feel like a fool but this MDE thing is really, really getting to me.

I've tried to like it use it and learn all the new websites (DVC, AP and MDE) but they keep kicking me out, crashing, not allowing me to make reservations, losing reservations, etc, etc. And now, when trying to make reservations by phone the CM tells me I am not "in my 180 day window". Horse hockey!!!!! In 179 days I will be in my villa at VWL.

I know what I'm doing. I've done it hundreds of times before but how ridiculous it is to have this "new website" shoved down our throats? Aren't we the customers? Believe me, I have talked (rationally and professionally) with guest services and IT and they cannot correct anything.

And then to have them say..."and you have a magical day..." Well, I'm one of those fools who seldom ate off property, never experienced Universal, only been to Sea World once but I know that's going to change on my next trip to Florida.

I'm going to fight back with my lack of dollars in their pockets. The thing is...I don't for a minute think management cares.

Sorry, I'm usually much more upbeat than this. So frustrated.
Peepster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 05:22 PM   #10
CtinaDitty
Disney Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by makeitmagic39 View Post

It took me forever to find that balance too! For awhile I couldn't even find out how to pay my bill through the website and it totally screwed up my monthly payment amounts I like to make leading up to the trip...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peepster View Post
I'm sorry. I have to comment because this morning for the first time in 50 trips to WDW I cried while talking to a CM while trying to make a reservation and I feel like a fool but this MDE thing is really, really getting to me.

I've tried to like it use it and learn all the new websites (DVC, AP and MDE) but they keep kicking me out, crashing, not allowing me to make reservations, losing reservations, etc, etc. And now, when trying to make reservations by phone the CM tells me I am not "in my 180 day window". Horse hockey!!!!! In 179 days I will be in my villa at VWL.

I know what I'm doing. I've done it hundreds of times before but how ridiculous it is to have this "new website" shoved down our throats? Aren't we the customers? Believe me, I have talked (rationally and professionally) with guest services and IT and they cannot correct anything.

And then to have them say..."and you have a magical day..." Well, I'm one of those fools who seldom ate off property, never experienced Universal, only been to Sea World once but I know that's going to change on my next trip to Florida.

I'm going to fight back with my lack of dollars in their pockets. The thing is...I don't for a minute think management cares.

Sorry, I'm usually much more upbeat than this. So frustrated.
I'm sorry you had such a rough time! Sometimes I think CM don't realize how much experience many of us have with this. I hope they fix the website soon because with so many people frustrated with it something has to give!
CtinaDitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 08:43 AM   #11
Katmat75
DIS Veteran

I am hating it too! It is so not user friendly. I was on yesterday and was looking at booking a vacation but not sure which dates and wanted to compare things and it does not let you save them!!! On the old site you could always get quotes and save them to your vacation but not anymore!

Why people fix things that aren't broke is beyond me!!!!

August 1999 - CBR, August 2001 - CBR,August 2003 - AS, August 2004 - CBR, August 2005 - CBR, August 2006 - CBR, Nov/Dec 2006 - SOG, August 2007 - CBR,August 2009 - CBR Offsite August 2010 ASMu September 2012 ASMu September 2013
Katmat75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 09:45 AM   #12
TXStormtrooper
Earning My Ears

I can't even get the website to work. Every time I go to the Disney World link, I get a list of blue links down the left side of my screen, but I can't get to any actual site. No matter what I click on it just takes me back to that list. Any thoughts???
2007 - Polynesian
2013 - Polynesian - THANKSGIVING
www.bentosonthebayou.com
TXStormtrooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 09:56 AM   #13
wiigirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2n2 View Post
Glad I'm not the only one who finds it aggravating.
Same here...
Old 04-03-2013, 10:12 AM   #14
DESKRoberts
Mouseketeer

I really dislike that you cannot view your balance or the total cost of the reservation or anything, or pay off your balance online. That seems absolutely ridiculous to me!

1994- Offsite; 2004- ASMu; 2006- Offsite; 2012- POR; 2013- POR; 2014- CBR

DESKRoberts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 10:08 PM   #15
mommyrosa2
DIS Veteran

Another hater here....it really does take FOREVER to do anything and making dining ressies is a nightmare. I was so happy to have the old site on my IPad but this past weekend that changed. Their IT department really needs to go back to square one with this and try again!
1997:Travelodge-DTD| 2005:ASMu| 2007:POP| 2009:CSR| 2010:AKL| 2011:BC CL| 2012:BC CL| 2013:BC CL| Oct. 2013:BC|Aug. 2014:GF| Oct. 2014: CR CL &YC CL| Dec. 2014: CSR| Jan 2015: CSR|Aug 2015: CR CL & Poly CL

mommyrosa2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: