Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-01-2013, 09:15 PM   #16
kirkaliciasmom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by figment_jii
I also like their pizza because it's thin crust and light on the sauce. I generally do like pizza and VN's is among my favorites. In addition, the calamari and arancini are really good appetizer choices. The seafood pasta is also really good. However, my favorite is the "Ugly but Good" ice cream sundae.

I also like the light and airy feeling of the restaurant. It's fun to watch the pizza cook in the wood-fired ovens. It has a high ceiling, so it can be loud, but it's never a problem for my family to have a conversation while eating there.
I'm happy to see the good reviews of the pizza. I booked for June and it'll be our first time there. I was planning on ordering pizza.

kirkaliciasmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 09:21 PM   #17
kirkaliciasmom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwfla422

I agree with your dh on that pizza, never thought in a million years I'd like something like that - it was a m a z i n g!!

I have been trying to even "semi" duplicate this pizza since I've been home LOL! It's a hint of it but nothing like the real thing!! Feel free to read my full review with photos as this has quickly become one of my favorite restaurants in all of WDW and probably my favorite pizza ANYWHERE!

Our Delicious Via Napoli Experience
Great review. Thank you!

kirkaliciasmom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-02-2013, 12:59 PM   #18
RnbwSktles
DIS Veteran

I plan to eat here with DH when we visit in Jan. Most likely we will share a pizza, but I have no idea which kind yet!

I typically prefer thicker crust pizzas (I think the crust is the best part!), but thin crust doesn't turn me off. What does have me worried though is that this is going to be another case of me hating something that everyone else likes. There is a regionally famous pizza place where I live that EVERYONE loves. The NY times even had some blurb about it recently. I don't get it!!

I hope this isn't the case at VN, but since a New Yorker said it's good, I will trust that opinion

2014 Coast to Coast Goal: Full marathon Jan 2014 & Dumbo Double Dare Aug 2014!
RnbwSktles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 01:13 PM   #19
NoSoup4U
I am Art Vandelay

Quote:
Originally Posted by RnbwSktles View Post
What does have me worried though is that this is going to be another case of me hating something that everyone else likes. There is a regionally famous pizza place where I live that EVERYONE loves. The NY times even had some blurb about it recently. I don't get it!!

I hope this isn't the case at VN, but since a New Yorker said it's good, I will trust that opinion
Why worry about that? It happens to me all the time. People rave about Ohana dinner, Le Cellier, and Beaches & Cream all the time, like the meals were made from the good lord himself....and i cant stand any of those places. Welcome to the sore thumb club!

NoSoup4U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 01:22 PM   #20
MommaPooh217
“Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.” Dr Suess

Their Linguine Frutti di Mare is really good (seafood linguine)

Cayden's Mom Mom
MommaPooh217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 02:07 PM   #21
RnbwSktles
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSoup4U View Post
Why worry about that? It happens to me all the time. People rave about Ohana dinner, Le Cellier, and Beaches & Cream all the time, like the meals were made from the good lord himself....and i cant stand any of those places. Welcome to the sore thumb club!

I know I shouldn't worry about that, and really I'm not. It would be a disappointment though if it didn't live up to the hype! I am not a picky eater though. There are certain ingredients and types of foods that I just don't like, but when it comes to the quality of food, I like almost anything. The good news here is that DH loves the local pizza place, so if I don't like VN, he probably will!

And since this is the pre-game to our quest to eat and drink around the world that afternoon, I think I will quickly forget any bad experiences :

2014 Coast to Coast Goal: Full marathon Jan 2014 & Dumbo Double Dare Aug 2014!
RnbwSktles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 02:15 PM   #22
NoSoup4U
I am Art Vandelay

Quote:
Originally Posted by RnbwSktles View Post
I know I shouldn't worry about that, and really I'm not. It would be a disappointment though if it didn't live up to the hype! I am not a picky eater though. There are certain ingredients and types of foods that I just don't like, but when it comes to the quality of food, I like almost anything. The good news here is that DH loves the local pizza place, so if I don't like VN, he probably will!

And since this is the pre-game to our quest to eat and drink around the world that afternoon, I think I will quickly forget any bad experiences :
Well at least one of you will be happy with the pizza. And as you said, you'll be drinking around the world so you will quite forget about any bad experiences you may have had.

Hmmm, here's a helpful TIP:
Go into Via expecting mcdonalds type of italian food, with this mind frame, you might be pleasantly surprised!
NoSoup4U is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: