Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families > DIS Dads
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-02-2013, 10:56 AM   #2356
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV

Day 2 of Spring Break staycation starts with M&M waffles.

Before.

After.

A good breakfast to start the day.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2014 DDC Disney World Series Champion
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion
Old 04-02-2013, 11:09 AM   #2357
Twin Dad
DIS Dad #704
I think they live an altered state of reality

Morning gentlemen. I see the usual high brow conversations are continuing.
Dis Dad's Club #704
WDW Commando Club #205
My pretrip report DOA
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-02-2013, 11:13 AM   #2358
Cinderella's Fella
DIS Dad #215
Carpe Bacon
And no more candy and caffeine for the rest of you

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirGoofy View Post
Aye, then team Sparrow may be for you. Our Captain, and only runner, is James. Then, there is the rest of us - Jim, Brett, Brent and I who will be holding down the couch and drinking heavily, to prevent the couch from flying away. As you can see, this is a seriously challenged team. (That doesn't sound right.). Although, I think it was Brett who mentionned he might start running. Hey Randall, how about posting the teams on page 1.
Norm, teams are list in the Nemesis Challenge 2 thread. You can ask Chris to add Team Sparrow to it, you might need to hunt him down over on Facebook.

Old 04-02-2013, 11:15 AM   #2359
Twin Dad
DIS Dad #704
I think they live an altered state of reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirGoofy
Day 2 of Spring Break staycation starts with M&M waffles.

Before.

After.

A good breakfast to start the day.
Those look yummy
Dis Dad's Club #704
WDW Commando Club #205
My pretrip report DOA
Old 04-02-2013, 11:24 AM   #2360
mm1971
DIS Veteran

Hey Guys,

As this may be our last Disney trip for a few years as a complete family, I decided to go off the reservation and do something a little different. I booked Discovery Cove and the Dolphin swim on August 25th (my b-day for those that want to send gifts.). We may also do a day at SW or Aquatica since it is included with the cost of DC. Have any of you guys done the dolphin swim? We have talked about it, but DD was always too young or we just couldn't fit it into the schedule. Any suggestions on what to do t DC?
Old 04-02-2013, 12:47 PM   #2361
SouthernTaz
DDC #???

Well the rumors of another 24hr day at Disneyland and Magic Kingdom are swirling around (rumors).... So since we should be in Orlando to start our trip on the 24th, the wife and kids, have decided that this could be a fun way to spend the 1st night of our vacation! I told them that lots of folks said the leap day event was crazy, they didn't care... So Dad had to make a plan...... So looks like we will hit the road around 3am on the 24th , drive to Orlando, mess around town for a bit, check in to the hotel later in the afternoon, then crash untill about 9pm... I was able to score a 9:55pm 'Ohana reservation, so we can stuff ourselves then head over to MK for the rest of the night. If the rumors are true the park will close at 6am, so seeing sun rise from the park could be cool too...... What say the dads? have i lost my mind?

Me - : DW - DD11 (Savanny/Sanny) - DD8 (Cloie/Bo) - DD8(Claire/ClaireBear)
Old 04-02-2013, 01:07 PM   #2362
Cinderella's Fella
DIS Dad #215
Carpe Bacon
And no more candy and caffeine for the rest of you

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernTaz View Post
Well the rumors of another 24hr day at Disneyland and Magic Kingdom are swirling around (rumors).... So since we should be in Orlando to start our trip on the 24th, the wife and kids, have decided that this could be a fun way to spend the 1st night of our vacation! I told them that lots of folks said the leap day event was crazy, they didn't care... So Dad had to make a plan...... So looks like we will hit the road around 3am on the 24th , drive to Orlando, mess around town for a bit, check in to the hotel later in the afternoon, then crash untill about 9pm... I was able to score a 9:55pm 'Ohana reservation, so we can stuff ourselves then head over to MK for the rest of the night. If the rumors are true the park will close at 6am, so seeing sun rise from the park could be cool too...... What say the dads? have i lost my mind?
Yup! You're crazy, I like that!

Old 04-02-2013, 01:07 PM   #2363
Goofy + 3
DDC 400
Remember, it's ok to cry a little. Not too much, just a little

I'm sitting in the linai (sp?) at my mom's house in Florida overlooking the pond and the 13th green in their retirement complex. It's a short par 4 with water to the right and a grass bunker protecting the short pin placement today. It has seen it's share of birdies today. Although I'm stuck working all day, I could get used to this.
DIS Dad #400
Old 04-02-2013, 01:09 PM   #2364
Goofy + 3
DDC 400

I saw the pictures of the waffles and the word "staycation" before I looked to see who posted that. I thought, "hmm.. this looks like a Norm creation." I was right.
DIS Dad #400
Old 04-02-2013, 01:33 PM   #2365
mm1971
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderella's Fella View Post
Yup! You're crazy, I like that!
Yup! Absolutely crazy. What are you going to do if the park closes at 10? Dinner at Ohana and back to bed. It is a good excuse to get there though, so I'm with ya.
Old 04-02-2013, 01:47 PM   #2366
SouthernTaz
DDC #???

oh, we will know for sure before we head down!!! already have another reservation at Ohana later in the trip (that can be kept or canceled )

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm1971 View Post
Yup! Absolutely crazy. What are you going to do if the park closes at 10? Dinner at Ohana and back to bed. It is a good excuse to get there though, so I'm with ya.

Me - : DW - DD11 (Savanny/Sanny) - DD8 (Cloie/Bo) - DD8(Claire/ClaireBear)
Old 04-02-2013, 02:54 PM   #2367
cj9200
DIS Dad #412
Double Dog Dare You to post a screaming like a little girl video

Happened to look at the Port Canaveral Cam and there appears to be a large fire off in the distance. They reported brush fires in the area, wonder if this is one of them.

http://portcanaveralwebcam.com

EDITED: Found on Brevard News that it is a brush fire near the Cape. No immediate threat to the Cape so they are letting it burn out. Interesting video though.

Last edited by cj9200; 04-02-2013 at 03:15 PM.
Old 04-02-2013, 03:14 PM   #2368
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV

Quote:
They were just the shipping company as I know the owner (but they do a good job if you want to pay for it). As mentioned, I am good friends with the lobster boat captain and can get you another group of those little guys at my cost, which is...no cash down, no monthly payments (OK, it's actually some beer, food and a Pats game, but we were going to do that anyway.). I'll call him and see what the numbers look like.
I can certainly make sure he has some available for Labor Day. A happy anniversary present from me. Just remind me a few weeks before and let me know how many so I can let him know to hold them out. If I can get a few before then, I'll send them over. I also promised Philip a few, but I'm not sure he dug the tunnel yet.
Sounds good. I'll message you a few weeks before that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twin Dad View Post
Those look yummy
Thanks. They were.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofy + 3 View Post
I saw the pictures of the waffles and the word "staycation" before I looked to see who posted that. I thought, "hmm.. this looks like a Norm creation." I was right.
Thanks. I made enough for 5 waffles. They are also good with nutella and fruit for lunch (like at Sleepy Hollow).

Quote:
As this may be our last Disney trip for a few years as a complete family, I decided to go off the reservation and do something a little different. ?
I don't understand these words - last Disney trip for a few years -

Quote:
Sounds like a great idea. We did the 8:00 AM to 11:00 PM at Epcot, but never saw the sunrise in the parks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofy + 3 View Post
I'm sitting in the linai (sp?) at my mom's house in Florida overlooking the pond and the 13th green in their retirement complex. It's a short par 4 with water to the right and a grass bunker protecting the short pin placement today. It has seen it's share of birdies today. Although I'm stuck working all day, I could get used to this.
Sounds like a great view and great place to retire. How far from WDW?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj9200 View Post
Happened to look at the Port Canaveral Cam and there appears to be a large fire off in the distance. They reported brush fires in the area, wonder if this is one of them.

http://portcanaveralwebcam.com
Maybe it's another Carnival boat on fire.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2014 DDC Disney World Series Champion
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion
Old 04-02-2013, 03:18 PM   #2369
Goofy + 3
DDC 400

Quote:
Sounds like a great view and great place to retire. How far from WDW?
I think it's about 2 or 3 hours. Port Charlotte, FL. Mom's place backs up to I-75, but with the fountains running you don't hear it too much.
DIS Dad #400
Old 04-02-2013, 03:28 PM   #2370
Captain_Oblivious
DIS Dad #257
Don't underestimate your audience. I'm sure there's a fart joke in here somewhere

Quote:
Maybe it's another Carnival boat on fire.
Closed Thread

Tags
bacon, penguins, post padding, star wars

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: