Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-31-2013, 03:50 PM   #436
Laur09
Earning My Ears

Thanks!

Thanks for the welcome and the pixie dust!! Really looking forward to finally getting there. We requested a water view in either Aruba (fitting, since we went to the REAL Aruba on our honeymoon) or Jamaica. I read about Jamaica being painted this month, so I'm anxious to see where we end up, not that it really matters.

One silly question: are the fridges in the Nemo rooms cold enough to freeze water bottles? I'd like to carry some frozen bottles to the parks. Also (Ok, TWO silly questions!) Our trip is two weeks from yesterday and we still haven't received our tickets, luggage tags, etc in the mail. Should I be worried yet??

Thanks again. Can't wait for a cocktail at the Banana Cabana!!
Old 03-31-2013, 08:09 PM   #437
dis_guy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laur09 View Post
Thanks for the welcome and the pixie dust!! Really looking forward to finally getting there. We requested a water view in either Aruba (fitting, since we went to the REAL Aruba on our honeymoon) or Jamaica. I read about Jamaica being painted this month, so I'm anxious to see where we end up, not that it really matters.

One silly question: are the fridges in the Nemo rooms cold enough to freeze water bottles? I'd like to carry some frozen bottles to the parks. Also (Ok, TWO silly questions!) Our trip is two weeks from yesterday and we still haven't received our tickets, luggage tags, etc in the mail. Should I be worried yet??

Thanks again. Can't wait for a cocktail at the Banana Cabana!!
I was just there yesterday and yes, they are painting in Jamaica. They have lifts and sanders running, Aruba would probably be a better choice right now.

The fridges don't have freezers but do keep things nice and cold.

Enjoy!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-31-2013, 08:35 PM   #438
mrFDNY
I'll be back mrFDNY. I have my eye on you! *~*The Tag Fairy*~*
Has yet to meet any DISers. Could it be his deodorant?
I just freak out like a little 4 y/o girl in pig tails

Hi gang,
Can someone tell me the size of the rooms at cbr in square feet? Thanks?

The few,the proud,dis men!

Remember- " All gave some, But some gave all", SEPT 11,2001
Old 03-31-2013, 09:18 PM   #439
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrFDNY
Hi gang,
Can someone tell me the size of the rooms at cbr in square feet? Thanks?
340 square feet.
Old 04-01-2013, 04:43 PM   #440
ColinCodyMom
DIS Veteran

Hi all. Never been to CBR before and am very tempted to save a good amount of money and stay here for the first half of our stay in June . The savings would pay for the dining plan! Is there a place I can look for information on whether or not any cheer competitions or groups of teens will be there during that time? Thanks so much for any help!

2014 Trip: June 25-July 2 AKL
2013 Trip: June 18-22 AKL and June 22-25 AoA
2011 Trip: July 20-23 CR TPV and July 23-26 BLT
2010 Trips: May 1-6 AKL and May 6-9 POP
2009 Trips: May 6-13 AKL Sep.30-Oct.2 WL
2008 Trip: May Caribe Royale
2007 Trip: August Caribe Royale
2001 Trip: OKW
1998 Trip: OKW
Old 04-01-2013, 07:59 PM   #441
dis_guy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColinCodyMom View Post
Hi all. Never been to CBR before and am very tempted to save a good amount of money and stay here for the first half of our stay in June . The savings would pay for the dining plan! Is there a place I can look for information on whether or not any cheer competitions or groups of teens will be there during that time? Thanks so much for any help!
Just got back and yes indeed there were sports teams galore at CBR. We were in Aruba and they seemed to be staying more around OPR, especially Martinique. Now having said that they weren't a problem unless they all came to the food court at once.

I also had a chance to observe a young men's baseball team while waiting for DME. The coaches were way worse behaved than the kids. Go figure!

Maybe check the Wide World Of Sports schedule to see if there's anything scheduled around your times?

Last edited by dis_guy; 04-01-2013 at 07:59 PM. Reason: typos
Old 04-01-2013, 10:16 PM   #442
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I did a quick google search and found this: http://espnwwos.disney.go.com/sports/cheer/

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 04-01-2013, 10:35 PM   #443
ColinCodyMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
I did a quick google search and found this: http://espnwwos.disney.go.com/sports/cheer/
Thanks! I checked the link. There are some events however I'm not sure how likely baseball/basketball would be staying at CBR in June. I know there are rude people everywhere. I'm more concerned with the large amounts of people at one time at the pool and food court so I would like to avoid them. Thanks so much for the link! It's making me so nervous and now I'm rethiniking again... Yikes.

2014 Trip: June 25-July 2 AKL
2013 Trip: June 18-22 AKL and June 22-25 AoA
2011 Trip: July 20-23 CR TPV and July 23-26 BLT
2010 Trips: May 1-6 AKL and May 6-9 POP
2009 Trips: May 6-13 AKL Sep.30-Oct.2 WL
2008 Trip: May Caribe Royale
2007 Trip: August Caribe Royale
2001 Trip: OKW
1998 Trip: OKW
Old 04-02-2013, 01:39 AM   #444
Hunclemarco
DIS Veteran

Is there a location at CBR where we can trade in our Photopass+ voucher for the red tags indicating Photopass+?

Thanks in advance

January 1979 Offsite; January 1992 POR; March 1999Honeymoon ; May 2002 CBR; May 2008 Offsite; November 2008 CBR March 2009 DVC SSR, BCV; August 2009 DVC AKV,BCV; December 2009 DVC SSR; February 2010 DVC BCV; November 2010 DVC BWV; May 2011 POP; March 2012 DCL Dream and POP; May 2012 POP; April 2013 DVC BCV; November 2013 CSR; Yacht Club, DCL Dream and BWV May 2014
Old 04-02-2013, 10:56 AM   #445
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks! I checked the link. There are some events however I'm not sure how likely baseball/basketball would be staying at CBR in June. I know there are rude people everywhere. I'm more concerned with the large amounts of people at one time at the pool and food court so I would like to avoid them. Thanks so much for the link! It's making me so nervous and now I'm rethiniking again... Yikes.
I have a friend who's son went to the CBR as a baseball team coach but I can't remember what month they went. I'll see if I can get in touch with her and ask when it was. I do remember her saying that they enjoyed the resort, that their team and the other teams were well behaved and that they, basically, only slept at the resort and were gone most of the day.

I can tell you this...the CBR is a large resort and that's definitely a plus when you have something like cheerleaders or baseballs teams staying at any resort. There's more room for the guests to spread out. We've stayed at the CBR when it was booked to capacity (not during any competitions) and we would have never known it had we not been told.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!

Old 04-02-2013, 10:59 AM   #446
denise5374
Dares to say CRUISE out loud
Don't go back to lurking

I was just at CBR this past week when my sons High School baseball team was down for Spring Training and if there were any sports group at the resort I didn't see them. We were in Aruba Building 51. The boys were staying at All Star Sports.

Old 04-02-2013, 11:00 AM   #447
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunclemarco View Post
Is there a location at CBR where we can trade in our Photopass+ voucher for the red tags indicating Photopass+?

Thanks in advance
Hum...that's a good question. I'm not sure but I think that I'd try the concierge desk when you check in.

Old 04-02-2013, 11:09 AM   #448
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Just heard from my friend. The baseball team was there the end of June through July 4th.

Old 04-02-2013, 11:54 AM   #449
KELLY
DIS Veteran

Is CBR getting a refurb now?

Many Trips the past 6 years at pop with free dining!
Me , DH , DD 8 and DD 6
Old 04-02-2013, 12:01 PM   #450
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KELLY View Post
Is CBR getting a refurb now?
From posts by those who were there recently and a couple of pictures posted before, it does appear that the village of Jamaica is being refurbed. The official word is that they are just repainting. But, from the looks of the pictures, it seems as if the rooms will be refurbed as well.

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: