Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-02-2013, 08:16 AM   #196
susie2
DIS Veteran

hi, we have booked to stay here for 7 nights in nov, as we will not have our car will we be able to walk to the mcdonalds if we fancy eating there, its hard to work out how near it is from the maps, thanks
susie2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 09:49 AM   #197
stindall
Congress Tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by susie2 View Post
hi, we have booked to stay here for 7 nights in nov, as we will not have our car will we be able to walk to the mcdonalds if we fancy eating there, its hard to work out how near it is from the maps, thanks
The closest McDonalds is almost 5 miles away, I'm going to say no.

Sept 2008 Honeymoon @ Pop,Dec. 2009 surprise for dad (aka worst trip ever) @ Pop, Sept. 2013 First solo trip @ Pop, Sept. 2014 brother/sister trip @ pop!
and many other trips throughout my childhood!

stindall is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-02-2013, 09:59 AM   #198
EpcotBill
DIS Veteran

Quote:
You can walk. Here's a video of someone doing it from All Star Sports. It took him about 5 minutes. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YUDgUk-bTrw
EpcotBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 10:00 AM   #199
jcarwash
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by stindall View Post
The closest McDonalds is almost 5 miles away, I'm going to say no.
There is a McDonald's on Buena Vista Drive with the All Star resorts, which is why it's being asked about. Here's the store: http://www.mcflorida.com/21485/

Quote:
It is possible to walk -- maybe plan for 15 minutes from Music as it's just under a mile away on the map. It's not a super short walk, but it is possible to do and there are sidewalks and crosswalks.

WDW: 17 | DLR: 2 | DCL: 2
Next: Aug 2014 DLR
jcarwash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 10:17 AM   #200
susie2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcarwash View Post
There is a McDonald's on Buena Vista Drive with the All Star resorts, which is why it's being asked about. Here's the store: http://www.mcflorida.com/21485/

It is possible to walk -- maybe plan for 15 minutes from Music as it's just under a mile away on the map. It's not a super short walk, but it is possible to do and there are sidewalks and crosswalks.
thank you for your reply, thats good to know in case we fancy a change, thanks again susie
susie2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 10:19 AM   #201
stindall
Congress Tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcarwash View Post

for some reason that one didn't show up for me! sorry!

Sept 2008 Honeymoon @ Pop,Dec. 2009 surprise for dad (aka worst trip ever) @ Pop, Sept. 2013 First solo trip @ Pop, Sept. 2014 brother/sister trip @ pop!
and many other trips throughout my childhood!

stindall is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 09:49 AM   #202
pxydst
Mouseketeer

Just got back yesterday from All Stars Music Suites... we had 5 adults stay and we fit perfectly. we stayed in calypso building 1 in the back and it was sooo quiet, i can count on one hand how many times I heard someone!!!! we shared buses with the other all stars but it is like in a moderate you have several stops in one resort so it was no problem because they are so close together. at busy times of the day we had our own buss. I am usually a Moderate snob but I would stay here again if we had 5 people again!
Old 04-07-2013, 09:54 AM   #203
racinjunkie
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pxydst View Post
Just got back yesterday from All Stars Music Suites... we had 5 adults stay and we fit perfectly. we stayed in calypso building 1 in the back and it was sooo quiet, i can count on one hand how many times I heard someone!!!! we shared buses with the other all stars but it is like in a moderate you have several stops in one resort so it was no problem because they are so close together. at busy times of the day we had our own buss. I am usually a Moderate snob but I would stay here again if we had 5 people again!
Thanks so much for posting your personal experience!! I know it's not about ASMu but did you have RFID KTTW cards? Any troubles with them?
racinjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 09:11 AM   #204
daisymomof4
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pxydst View Post
Glad to hear you had a good time! And thanks for the bus info too
daisymomof4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 03:54 PM   #205
pxydst
Mouseketeer

to racinjunkie... we did have the kttw cards and no problems with them... you had to be right next to the lock for it to unlock the door.. but my husband could just hold up his walet to the lock and it would open the lock... but as far as the new entry globes into the park, no problems, they worked wonderful! I think they need to set them up differently because people go to the first globe and someone has to walk around them to get to the second globe so it is kind of a bottle neck there but it does seem to move quickly if people know how to use them! I did not see anyone with the wrist RFID thingy... it will be nice once they get all of the things that are possible on the wrist RFID ie, room key, park tickets, photopass cards, fastpass, dining, charging.... and who knows what else is in the making...
Old 04-08-2013, 06:50 PM   #206
racinjunkie
Mouseketeer

Thanks so much for sharing your experience, I really appreciate it!
racinjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 07:10 AM   #207
daisymomof4
Mouseketeer

I have a quick question that I feel sort of silly for asking. Silly because I searched for 15 minutes and can't find the answer, and I'm sure it's on the board somewhere, lol.

What happened to the 3 Caballeros statue at the pool? Is it gone for good? I've seen some recent pool photos and the cement pad it sits on is empty...or I'm looking at the wrong thing

TIA!
Old 04-09-2013, 08:55 AM   #208
mapmakerj
DIS Veteran

I took a picture of it yesterday before we checked out. It's right where it has always been.:-)
6/09-Celebrated my and DH's 40th BD's for 14 nights (9 Swan & 5 RPR)
10/06-1st MNSSHP-AKL;12/04-DS's 1st trip-AKL;9/98-1st trip to WDW for 2nd Honeymoon-offsite
mapmakerj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 09:02 AM   #209
daisymomof4
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapmakerj View Post
I took a picture of it yesterday before we checked out. It's right where it has always been.:-)
Thanks!

I don't know what I was looking at in the photos I must need more coffee!
Old 04-10-2013, 06:35 AM   #210
pxydst
Mouseketeer

It was gone when we checked in on 3/28 but was back a few days later, probably getting a fresh coat of paint!

Tags
all star music, all star music resort, asmu, music, value resort

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: