Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families > DIS Dads
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-02-2013, 07:57 AM   #2341
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Commando View Post
We are back from the Gift Auction, we didn't win the Disney tickets or the Lobsters, spent a combined total of $140 (with Dis tickets, 50/50, Birthdayboard) so what did we win

- 4 tickets to Adventure Aquarium - $100
- 3 tickets for a tour of a Mine - $60
- 2 VIP tickets for Battleship NJ tour - $44
- 2 $25 GC to 2 different restaurants- $50
- 2 folding lawn chairs - ??
- 18 inch Charcoal grille - ??
- 6pk of Beach House Beer - $8
- A huge painting professionally framed and matted with COA - ??

All in all not a bad take, plus I think my son will really enjoy The Battleship & the Mine, since that is all boy stuff there
Good score.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bo Duke View Post
The game wasn't bad. The Bucks actually had a couple of good moments only to blow it in the end. They were actually up by 2 with 4 left to go. ended up down 10. The horses rear ends i sat next to didn't help enjoy the game any. Two drunk guys from Oklahoma. Loud, mouthy, drunk, I was about ready to knock the guy down by the end of the game, but I would like to be allowed into the Bradley Center in the future so I didn't.

anyways...
s.
Good seats. Yeah, those idiot fans can but a damper on things, but you just got to watch one one of the top 3 teams in the NBA this season, with one of the best players. Such suffering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezinRafiki View Post
So DW gets home last night from picking up DD from theater class. She comes in the house, makes sure the kids aren't looking, slugs me in the shoulder and says "I blame you." Immediately, my mind begins racing through all of the things that she might have found out, but I can't think of any that are bad. I ask what I did, and she says my daughter is now quoting lines from the Jungle Cruise. As they pull into the driveway, my wife stops at the side door to the house and tells DD to get out. DD says "That was rude. Please get out."
And your response was that it was actually you who taught her all those bad puns, so stop blaming Disney.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion
Old 04-02-2013, 08:00 AM   #2342
Cinderella's Fella
DIS Dad #215
Carpe Bacon
And no more candy and caffeine for the rest of you

Quote:
Originally Posted by theduck619 View Post
Morning guys

For the record...I hate the Red Sox
Me too...

... has much as I hate the Yankees!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-02-2013, 08:02 AM   #2343
mm1971
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhamvol View Post
I've been a huge Disney fan all my life. As a kid, my dad would load us up in Memphis and head down to WDW once every three years or so. One year we went twice in less than 12 months. I thought I was the luckiest kid in the world that year. I remember to ABCDE tickets, River Country, the light parade on the water, staying in a trailer ("cabin") at Fort Wilderness, HoopDeDo, and watching Mary Poppins at the Contemporary for night time entertainment.

My wife and I went to WDW on our honeymoon 15 years ago and we've been back four times since. We have a family condo at Bonnet Creek and enjoy going there as often as our schedules permit with our three kids.

As the ID suggests, I'm a big UT Vols fan and am roughing it living in Bamaland.
Quote:
Originally Posted by IbeAbitGOOFY View Post
Can I be a member of the fabulous club if I am still about 4 weeks away from being a dad to a son who will love Disney or move out at the age of 5?
Welcome to the club guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious View Post
What? You mean you can't do that?

I only took it because it saves me about $50-$60 off my car insurance.
Sure. That and the judge's order.

Old 04-02-2013, 08:18 AM   #2344
GoofyIsAsGoofyDoes
DDC 469
Never mind the Kool-Aid, don’t drink the Beverly!
If it’s still here tomorrow… I may ignore it again

‘Morning all…

Bunch of new members… cool!
Did someone start a recruiting thread out there somewhere?
Actually, it seems to me that there’s a Man Law stating that we ought to be doing that anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhamvol View Post
I've been a huge Disney fan all my life. As a kid, my dad would load us up in Memphis and head down to WDW once every three years or so. One year we went twice in less than 12 months. I thought I was the luckiest kid in the world that year. I remember to ABCDE tickets, River Country, the light parade on the water, staying in a trailer ("cabin") at Fort Wilderness, HoopDeDo, and watching Mary Poppins at the Contemporary for night time entertainment.

My wife and I went to WDW on our honeymoon 15 years ago and we've been back four times since. We have a family condo at Bonnet Creek and enjoy going there as often as our schedules permit with our three kids.

As the ID suggests, I'm a big UT Vols fan and am roughing it living in Bamaland.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgtpet View Post
Thank you!
Quote:
Can I be a member of the fabulous club if I am still about 4 weeks away from being a dad to a son who will love Disney or move out at the age of 5?

We’re glad to have you here fell’as.
Grab a beer and a lawn chair and jump on into the conversation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj9200 View Post
Really bad storm over the house right now. Matches my mood.
Sound like my yesterday…
May today be better for all of us.

Quote:

Hope everyone had a nice Easter weekend. I just sat through a defensive driving course, which was basically 3 hours of "don't text while driving" repeated over and over.
You’d think that was a bit of overkill, but then again I still see half the teens behind the wheel with their various iWhat’sits in their hands.
So apparently you just can’t say it enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirGoofy View Post
Did anyone see this? A last to stop Starbucks from entering Disney.

http://blog.wdwinfo.com/2013/04/01/l...wdwinfo.com%29
If only…

Quote:
Some zoo pictures. The zoo was fairly empty, so we got some close up time with the animals.
Any day with the kids beats any day working.
Looks like y’all had fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by declansdad View Post
Evening Guys,

Made it about 500 miles today, stopped in some place called Drums Pennsylvania. It will make for a longer drive tomorrow, about 750 miles; hopefully we will make it back tomorrow night. The going was bit slower today with having to get the brakes fixed and a ton of slow moving traffic until we got off the 95 south of Washington.

I talked to DW tonight and she says she has a plan for a July trip to WDW. Should I be scared?
You’re having a rather rough trip back home.
If you go back in the summer… fly. If that’s too expensive (and it always is for us), the traffic really isn’t any worse in July then now. Being as it’s spring break time, it really ought to be better then (after skipping the first week that is).

Quote:
We are back from the Gift Auction, we didn't win the Disney tickets or the Lobsters, spent a combined total of $140 (with Dis tickets, 50/50, Birthdayboard) so what did we win

All in all not a bad take, plus I think my son will really enjoy The Battleship & the Mine, since that is all boy stuff there
A pretty nice haul there Ron.
Good work

Quote:
For Barry:
What do you get when you cross an elephant with a rhino?

Elephino. (say it out loud to get it)
My, I haven’t heard that one sine the 2nd grade.
Nice!

Quote:
So DW gets home last night from picking up DD from theater class. She comes in the house, makes sure the kids aren't looking, slugs me in the shoulder and says "I blame you." Immediately, my mind begins racing through all of the things that she might have found out, but I can't think of any that are bad. I ask what I did, and she says my daughter is now quoting lines from the Jungle Cruise. As they pull into the driveway, my wife stops at the side door to the house and tells DD to get out. DD says "That was rude. Please get out."
Proceeding well, her training is.
Now the learner she may be…
but soon the master, she will become.
Old 04-02-2013, 08:37 AM   #2345
mm1971
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by declansdad View Post
Evening Guys,

Made it about 500 miles today, stopped in some place called Drums Pennsylvania. It will make for a longer drive tomorrow, about 750 miles; hopefully we will make it back tomorrow night. The going was bit slower today with having to get the brakes fixed and a ton of slow moving traffic until we got off the 95 south of Washington.

I talked to DW tonight and she says she has a plan for a July trip to WDW. Should I be scared?
I hope you fixed them before you left.

Yes, be very scared. I think you should convince her to go in late August to meet up with some dads.

Quote:
Indeed - looking at a trip in Jan 2014 when the little stinker will be about 8 months. Should be a good initiation.
Marathon weekend? You know a bunch of the dads head down for the marathon. Could be a good opportunity to have Dole Whips with everyone.

Quote:

Nice haul. Kind of disappointing that you missed out on the Disney tickets and Norm is now is tears at the loss of his lobster, but sounds like you'll be busy for a while.

Quote:
Sounds to me like you should have been celebrated, not slugged and reprimanded.

Old 04-02-2013, 08:43 AM   #2346
mm1971
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by theduck619 View Post
Morning guys

For the record...I hate the Red Sox
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderella's Fella View Post
Me too...

What....who...when? What did we ever do to you? It's only one game, can't you let us be happy for one day? It's not like we plan to make the wildcard or anything.

Well, I'd like to hate the Orioles, but they would have to win first. And I'm not sure who to hate in Indiana. Who do you root for?

Old 04-02-2013, 08:44 AM   #2347
IbeAbitGOOFY
Dis Dad #736
Half of it would end up on my face and hands

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm1971 View Post
Marathon weekend? You know a bunch of the dads head down for the marathon. Could be a good opportunity to have Dole Whips with everyone.
The only marathons I participate in are those that appear on TBS!
But it certainly is nice to see so many other fellas enjoying my brand of unusual humor. Or, maybe its just humor only fellow men get.
Old 04-02-2013, 08:48 AM   #2348
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460
You should always make room for a loophole when you need it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderella's Fella View Post
Me too...

Old 04-02-2013, 08:49 AM   #2349
mm1971
DIS Veteran

Quote:
But it certainly is nice to see so many other fellas enjoying my brand of unusual humor. Or, maybe its just humor only fellow men get.
I didn't say we were ALL running in the marathon. Only that some do. The rest of us support them by drinking heavily and yelling for them to keep running.

You sound like a perfect candidate to join Team Sparrow! Norm will be along later to provide the standards for the team. I have to warn you that they include the couch, television and lots of avoiding effort.

Old 04-02-2013, 09:04 AM   #2350
Captain_Oblivious
DIS Dad #257
Don't underestimate your audience. I'm sure there's a fart joke in here somewhere

Quote:

Quote:
Sure. That and the judge's order.
My attorney has instructed me to neither confirm nor deny that statement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofyIsAsGoofyDoes View Post
My, I haven’t heard that one sine the 2nd grade.
Nice!
I actually learned it from the Muppets.
Old 04-02-2013, 09:06 AM   #2351
GoofyIsAsGoofyDoes
DDC 469

Quote:
I didn't say we were ALL running in the marathon. Only that some do. The rest of us support them by drinking heavily and yelling for them to keep running.

You sound like a perfect candidate to join Team Sparrow! Norm will be along later to provide the standards for the team. I have to warn you that they include the couch, television and lots of avoiding effort.
And Rum… don’t forget the rum.
Unless it’s gone again…

Why is the rum always gone?
Old 04-02-2013, 09:10 AM   #2352
GoofyIsAsGoofyDoes
DDC 469

Quote:
I actually learned it from the Muppets.

Ohhh... That 'splains it

Old 04-02-2013, 09:37 AM   #2353
Twin Dad
DIS Dad #704
I think they live an altered state of reality

Quote:
Dis Dad's Club #704
WDW Commando Club #205
My pretrip report In Progress
Old 04-02-2013, 09:42 AM   #2354
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV

Quote:
Did anyone see this? A last to stop Starbucks from entering Disney.

http://blog.wdwinfo.com/2013/04/01/l...wdwinfo.com%29
Quote:
If only… :
Congrats, you win the prize as the only person who responded to my attempt for April Fool's Day humor. My conclusion is that everyone else is smarter (doubtful), everyone else read elsewhere on the DISboards (probable), or no one really reads any of my posts anyway (definitely).

Quote:
Nice haul. Kind of disappointing that you missed out on the Disney tickets and Norm is now is tears at the loss of his lobster, but sounds like you'll be busy for a while.
You can always console me by sending another batch.

Actually, our wedding anniversary is Labor Day weekend (marriage is the hardest work ever) and I was going to see if I could get you or go directly thru them for another shipment as a present for DW. I had fun cooking them as well.

Quote:
Aye, then team Sparrow may be for you. Our Captain, and only runner, is James. Then, there is the rest of us - Jim, Brett, Brent and I who will be holding down the couch and drinking heavily, to prevent the couch from flying away. As you can see, this is a seriously challenged team. (That doesn't sound right.). Although, I think it was Brett who mentionned he might start running. Hey Randall, how about posting the teams on page 1.

Quote:
And Rum… don’t forget the rum.
Unless it’s gone again

Why is the rum always gone?
A pirate's life for me.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion
Old 04-02-2013, 09:52 AM   #2355
mm1971
DIS Veteran

Quote:

You can always console me by sending another batch.

Actually, our wedding anniversary is Labor Day weekend (marriage is the hardest work ever) and I was going to see if I could get you or go directly thru them for another shipment as a present for DW. I had fun cooking them as well.
They were just the shipping company as I know the owner (but they do a good job if you want to pay for it). As mentioned, I am good friends with the lobster boat captain and can get you another group of those little guys at my cost, which is...no cash down, no monthly payments (OK, it's actually some beer, food and a Pats game, but we were going to do that anyway.). I'll call him and see what the numbers look like.
I can certainly make sure he has some available for Labor Day. A happy anniversary present from me. Just remind me a few weeks before and let me know how many so I can let him know to hold them out. If I can get a few before then, I'll send them over. I also promised Philip a few, but I'm not sure he dug the tunnel yet.

Closed Thread

Tags
bacon, penguins, post padding, star wars

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: