Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-02-2013, 09:08 AM   #1
mom2dina
Mouseketeer

Little Mermaid rooms not Part of any Discounts according to Cast Member? Really???

Is this true???

"Abigail: This will be a great time to come and visit. The Little Mermaid rooms are not included in the special offers because they are already a great value."

Thanks for your help!
mom2dina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 09:13 AM   #2
Happy99
DIS Veteran

that is correct the standard rooms at AoA have not been offered with any discount since they became avaialbel to book. There aren't many of them and they don't need to discount them
Happy99 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-02-2013, 09:24 AM   #3
Marionnette
Wishing On A Star
I stop in the middle and make others step over me while pretending not to understand English

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2dina View Post
Is this true???

"Abigail: This will be a great time to come and visit. The Little Mermaid rooms are not included in the special offers because they are already a great value."

Thanks for your help!
Yes, the CM is correct. The Disney Visa cardholder offer specifically states that only the Family Suites are included at AoA. The general public offer is the exact same thing. I'm guessing that LM rooms are booking so well that they don't need to offer discounts on them.

Marionnette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 09:37 AM   #4
jcarwash
DIS Veteran

Well, it's true about the LM rooms not being offered in recent or current discounts, but the reason is because they do not need to fill the LM rooms. They aren't having trouble getting reservations for them.

The part about them already being a great value is not the reason... The LM rooms are not the cheapest rooms on property even at rack rate. Standard rooms at All Star resorts have less expensive full price rates.

WDW: 17 | DLR: 3 | DCL: 2
Next: Feb 2015 Disney Magic
jcarwash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 09:37 AM   #5
mom2dina
Mouseketeer

That is too bad :-(

AAA discount?
mom2dina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 10:04 AM   #6
aaarcher86
DIS Veteran

Quote:
That is too bad :-(

AAA discount?
I've seen some people say they've gotten it one but as far as I know there aren't any discounts offered for them at all.
Old 04-02-2013, 10:12 AM   #7
I Love Pluto
DIS Veteran
I guess that makes me a kiddie song expert.

French Quarter is not part of the Visa 20% discount offer. We moved to Riverside to get the discount.

I think it's wrong to limit the discounts to only certain places. A discount should be just that - a discount.

Discounts - across the board - would be fair. We should be able to still CHOOSE our resort.
Old 04-02-2013, 10:18 AM   #8
Marionnette
Wishing On A Star
I stop in the middle and make others step over me while pretending not to understand English

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Love Pluto View Post
French Quarter is not part of the Visa 20% discount offer. We moved to Riverside to get the discount.

I think it's wrong to limit the discounts to only certain places. A discount should be just that - a discount.

Discounts - across the board - would be fair. We should be able to still CHOOSE our resort.
As much as everyone would love to see discounts across the board for all resorts and rooms, there's a very good reason that they aren't. Disney wants to entice guests to stay at one resorts, so they're going to offer a discount at those resorts. You can choose to stay anywhere you want, but it only makes sense to discount the resorts that aren't drawing a high level of interest.

Marionnette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 10:26 AM   #9
Karlzmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:

You can choose your resort, any resort and pay the going rate. Period!
Discounts are not offered to be nice, they are offered to fill rooms that do not have as heavy of a demand. Basic economics. I'm sorry that you are disappointed your choice of hotel is not available. It just means that you like a popular place You have an opportunity to try somewhere new at a lower price, which goes with the risk of not liking it "as much" as your favorite [though that is how I found my new favorite resort] OR you can ensure you have the *perfect* vacation.
AKV 2012, 2013 & 2014 BWV 2013
Disney Wonder to Alaska 2014

KATIE Yes, I'm the Jeopardy! champ......
Karlzmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 10:29 AM   #10
3boys4me
DIS Veteran

We had free dining in November and stayed in the LM rooms.

11/2004 All Star Movies
11/2005 POFQ
11/2008 Coronado Springs
11/2009 Coronado Springs
11/2010 Caribbean Beach Resort
03/2011 POP, 11/2011 POP
11/2012 AoA, 11/2013 POP
11/2014 ASSP
3boys4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 10:29 AM   #11
"Cinder" Ella's Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:

There is a slight discount for POFQ, but only 5% if I remember correctly. We booked it anyway and then moved to CR Garden wing for only $75.00 more per night!
"Cinder" Ella's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 10:36 AM   #12
ADisneyQueen
DIS Veteran

OP I'm staying in the LM rooms in early August and there were no AAA discounts for me.
Some people were lucky enough to get some LM discounts in the fall when they first opened. I guess WDW was not anticipating how quick they would fill up.
Christmas 2009-CBR and RI Seaworld,June 2012-POP
Aug 2013- CSR and AOA
ADisneyQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 02:42 AM   #13
aubriee
Chocolate always makes things better

Quote:

That's been going on for awhile now. POFQ is our favorite moderate resort, but for the last year or so, it seems like the discount there is less than for the other moderates. If people love it enough to stay there with no discount (or very little discount), of course Disney is going to take advantage of that fact. They are in the business to book rooms and would like to get the highest price the public will allow. If more people choose to go with the other moderates and refuse to pay the higher prices at POFQ, then WDW would again make the discount for POFQ the same as the other moderates in an effort to fill those rooms. Right now people are willing to pay the higher price, so they don't need to.

Everyone says Disney never offers free dining and a room discount together, but several years ago they did offer both free dining, plus like 30% off at Old Key West or Saratoga Springs for certain dates in Sept. Those two resorts were not filling up, so Disney allowed both free dining and a room discount to be offered together, in an attempt to fill them. With all the other resorts you had to choose between free dining and a room discount, but folks staying at OKW or SS got both. A friend of mine took advantage of that offer and got both a room discount and free dining. I don't care for those two resorts, so went with just free dining at POFQ. I'd loved to have had a room discount too though. However, I chose to stay at POFQ, so had to pay rack rate, while my friend got 30% off her chosen resort and still got free dining. I'd love to stay in one of the Little Mermaid rooms at AoA, but since people are willing to pay full price for them Disney has not seen a need to offer discounts for those rooms and I refuse to pay rack rate.

Last edited by aubriee; 04-03-2013 at 02:48 AM.
aubriee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 02:53 AM   #14
stitchlovestink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Is this true???

Thanks for your help!
They are specifically excluded from the CM spring discount offer too!! Now I don't know if they are excluded from the standard CM room discount, but they have a spring special that is better than the regular discount. And it specifically states that the Little mermaid rooms are excluded from that special. I find it rather amusing... I guess they are filling them just fine??
stitchlovestink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 06:05 AM   #15
sunsetbeachgal
DIS Veteran

Quote:

We got a 20% off at POFQ through Orbitz for our June stay...called Disney over the weekend to check prices as I am a Disney Visa cardholder and price was WAY more than what I paid...PO Riverside was the same...

Family Reunion trip at Disney ASMu Nov. 7-13, 2010. It was perfect

March, 2012 Disney getaway at Coronado Springs for the adults only!

October, 2012 went to Disneyland..and I've never seen such crowds anywhere in my life!

June 15-22, 2013. Family trip to WDW at POFQ First WDW Summer trip and it was fantastic!

March, 2014. Universal Studios and cruise on Freedom of the Seas
sunsetbeachgal is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: