Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-02-2013, 12:42 AM   #706
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

Oh and what's the size comparison between a CR deluxe room (about 600 some odd sq. feet) vs a 1br villa in BLT?
Pre 2001 too many to count / December 2001 offsite / April 2004 offsite / August 2008 offsite / August 2009 offsite / August 2010 Poly / September 2012 BC / August 2013 Poly / July 2014 WL CL or Poly CL/WL or...
Old 04-02-2013, 01:25 AM   #707
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koh1977 View Post
Oh and what's the size comparison between a CR deluxe room (about 600 some odd sq. feet) vs a 1br villa in BLT?
1br villa at BLT is 803 sq. ft.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-02-2013, 07:43 AM   #708
Hulles
Martian Mickey

Looks like we will be seeing Ironman flying through the Contemporary once again this year My son loved the Avengers wrap, so im sure he will be excited to see this one in 2 weeks.

Old 04-02-2013, 07:59 AM   #709
Jenny1985
Mouseketeer

This might be a dumb question but does the fitness center have scales.
Old 04-02-2013, 08:29 AM   #710
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsBlovesDisney View Post
Hey KOOK, not sure about this ..... I don't believe you can get up there prior to 5PM (unless of course ur staying in a GRAND VILLA.....then you can sneak out there anytime you want)! You can only get up to that floor via the elevator that's accessed by a special CM card, I believe?

Did you read that somewhere? Cuz IF IT IS true.....I'd be thrilled!!
Well, they keep changing the policy, that I can't keep up anymore. Sad thing is that whatever the policy is, the CMs either do not enforce it, or are enforcing an old one. Also, I read where some have accessed the terrace by going to the floor below the top level, and then walking up the staircase. As a BLT owner, I really didn't care much for the TOTWL - service was gruesome and snacks were terrible. However, I love having access to the terrace and wish there could be another access method, as I might like to go up there during the day on occasion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koh1977 View Post
Is the quickest way to get to the MK going o be walking? Or the monorail around the loop? Or the monorail to TTC and switch to MK express monorail? How is the walk compared to the walk from BC to Epcot? Because in the heat, it really sucked... :-/
Quickest is walking, but I think the BC to Epcot IG walk might be shorter than the BLT to MK walk, considering exit to entrance point. We walk it. If you are going to get on the monorail, I would just take the resort loop around and avoid having to switch at the TTC.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion
Old 04-02-2013, 09:15 AM   #711
MrsBlovesDisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirGoofy View Post
I love having access to the terrace and wish there could be another access method, as I might like to go up there during the day on occasion. .
Me too, me too!!!

I'll see if I can get an answer when we're down there in a couple of weeks and report back!!

Fell in love with the Mouse on our Honeymoon in 1992...been going ever since!

Last trip: March 2014 BLT 1 BDRM TPV
Next trip: Nov 2014 BLT adult only
Then: April 2015 BLT 1 BDRM TPV
Old 04-02-2013, 02:27 PM   #712
buzzrelly
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post

Actually, that is a daybed. When it's unfolded it's about the size of a twin mattress. I only have a photo of the Poly daybed unfolded, but it's the same as the the CR daybed:

Tripadvisor.

Thanks! Those look quite "sleep-able!" At least for one of the kids
1989 Off Site-2003 Contemporary Resort-2006 Old Key West-2008 Caribbean Beach Resort-2010 Contemporary Resort-2012 Disney Cruise Line Magic-2013 Contemporary Resort-2013 Beach Club -2014 POP Century with Dance the World

Old 04-02-2013, 03:21 PM   #713
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:

So true......but none were available ....but we'll "suck it up" this trip in honor of our beloved CR!
Same here, so CL it is. Oh, the sacrifices...

Quote:
PS: KOOK...... Thank you for taking SOOOO much time to monitor this Thread!! You are a wealth of information......not to mention you have impeccable taste in resorts!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeynut1 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by disneynanacat View Post
Yessireeee!!!!
You are so thoughtful, thank you, MrsBlovesDisney, mickeynut1 and disneynanacat. I couldn't do it without all the helpful BLT/CR posters

Quote:
Originally Posted by inky dinky doo View Post
I'll have an iPad and laptop, so I'm gonna try. A few days will be spent at a conference, but I'm also doing the Disney Food Blog's Snack Attack at Epcot, Monday evening, and a few days of Disney, solo. Should be fun!
Darn conference, but it did get you to the CR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulles View Post
Looks like we will be seeing Ironman flying through the Contemporary once again this year My son loved the Avengers wrap, so im sure he will be excited to see this one in 2 weeks.

Cool! No more Tronorail, so what do we call this one Ironmanorail? That just doesn't sound right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenny1985 View Post
This might be a dumb question but does the fitness center have scales.
Scales? On vacation? No dumb questions here and yes, I believe I once saw one in the women's locker room.

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzrelly View Post
Thanks! Those look quite "sleep-able!" At least for one of the kids
You're welcome and yes, perfect for kids and blanket hogs
Old 04-02-2013, 08:22 PM   #714
applefans
Mouseketeer

Hi,
My family has a June reservation for a 1-BR villa at BLT, but I discovered this morning that for about the same price, we could stay in a CR Atrium Club standard view room.

I'm not sure which we should choose...It would definitely be a treat for us to be able to use the Atrium Club, but I'm not sure about giving up the extra space and washer-dryer at BLT! This is my family's (me, DH, DD11, DD8, DD3) first visit to WDW, so we'll spend a lot of time in the parks. We would probably just use the kitchen at BLT for quick breakfasts.

Thought I would ask all of you CR and BLT gurus out there if there's a clear advantage to staying in one or the other!
Old 04-02-2013, 09:55 PM   #715
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by applefans View Post
Hi,
My family has a June reservation for a 1-BR villa at BLT, but I discovered this morning that for about the same price, we could stay in a CR Atrium Club standard view room.

I'm not sure which we should choose...It would definitely be a treat for us to be able to use the Atrium Club, but I'm not sure about giving up the extra space and washer-dryer at BLT! This is my family's (me, DH, DD11, DD8, DD3) first visit to WDW, so we'll spend a lot of time in the parks. We would probably just use the kitchen at BLT for quick breakfasts.

Thought I would ask all of you CR and BLT gurus out there if there's a clear advantage to staying in one or the other!
I'm DVC, so never stayed in CR. We have never been much for cooking on vacation, but like the space. Also, the 1 BRs have 2 bathrooms, which would easily decide it for me.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion
Old 04-02-2013, 10:05 PM   #716
Earning My Ears

Need some help here! With the discount offered the cost to stay at the concierge level would be the same as TPV I already booked. Should I upgrade or stay where I am? I'm going with my wife, s17,d16, d2 and s1. This is our first time staying at Cr and really could use some advise. Thanks for your help in advance!
Old 04-03-2013, 03:15 AM   #717
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

Booking deluxe room at the CR for 6 nights first week of August!! Email just sent to TA! Woohoo!! :-)
Pre 2001 too many to count / December 2001 offsite / April 2004 offsite / August 2008 offsite / August 2009 offsite / August 2010 Poly / September 2012 BC / August 2013 Poly / July 2014 WL CL or Poly CL/WL or...
Old 04-03-2013, 04:11 AM   #718
disneynanacat
Lovin' Disney Too!

Quote:
Hi,

With the size of your party I'd go for the larger 1br for sure.
Old 04-03-2013, 04:46 AM   #719
MrsBlovesDisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hi,

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneynanacat View Post
With the size of your party I'd go for the larger 1br for sure.
I have stayed at both Resorts many times. As a matter of fact we will be at the CR in two weeks!! We are not staying CL this time.....too much temptation to eat all day long lol (not worth the extra $ to us)!
We actually tried for a 1 BDRM TPV at the BLT but to no avail. I would without hesitation stay at the BLT for reasons mentioned above.....more space, TWO bathrooms, a kitchen, and WASHER AND DRYER (will miss that the most lol)! Keep in mind it's a King in the bedroom, but there is a pull out couch AND a pull out chair in the living room (both comfortable).

Whatever you decide, BOTH are incredible, so you can't go wrong! Enjoy!!

Fell in love with the Mouse on our Honeymoon in 1992...been going ever since!

Last trip: March 2014 BLT 1 BDRM TPV
Next trip: Nov 2014 BLT adult only
Then: April 2015 BLT 1 BDRM TPV
Old 04-03-2013, 07:01 AM   #720
Hulles
Martian Mickey

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
Cool! No more Tronorail, so what do we call this one Ironmanorail? That just doesn't sound right.
Ha that could be right, in Wreck it Ralph, at the beginning when Ralph rides back to Game Central Station from the PacMan game. You can hear the voice say "PacManorail now arriving at Game Central Station"
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: