Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-01-2013, 09:52 AM   #16
nugov2
DIS Veteran

My Walmart won't even look at the ad. I have brought them many times when a deal was great and they always gave it to me without blinking an eye. The cashier did say wow that is a great price on 99 cents. That is it. I just put all my price match together and do them last. I literally give them the price and they type it in. They don't ask what store it is from and like I said don't want to look at the ad. I have never been behind anyone else in line doing this so I wonder how common it is. Also be careful a lot of times the Walmart price is cheaper than the advertised sale price at a lot of stores.
nugov2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 05:15 PM   #17
runwad
Can someone tell me how to play SPUD?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nugov2 View Post
My Walmart won't even look at the ad. I have brought them many times when a deal was great and they always gave it to me without blinking an eye. The cashier did say wow that is a great price on 99 cents. That is it. I just put all my price match together and do them last. I literally give them the price and they type it in. They don't ask what store it is from and like I said don't want to look at the ad. I have never been behind anyone else in line doing this so I wonder how common it is. Also be careful a lot of times the Walmart price is cheaper than the advertised sale price at a lot of stores.
Yep this is my experience as well. Sometimes I have the ad's sometimes I don't. They don't ever look at them, I guess it's enough I have papers in my hand. They always just type in the price. I am very organized about it and keep all my price matches together. Sometimes if I have deals from multiple places, I right it all out on a piece of paper with item price and store and just rattle them all off. I'm always complimented on my organizational skills
runwad is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-02-2013, 05:51 AM   #18
kimsuenew
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by vettechick99 View Post
I just read a blog about price matching at WM. The author said that she uses dealstomeals.com to find sale items for the week, and uses that to price her items.

But my questions is, do you have to have one of those other stores nearby? GA has just 6 stores listed on that site - 2 of them drugstores - and none are in the same town my WM is. I just didn't want to go to WM and them say they can only price match the stores in the same town/county.

Here is the blog.

Thanks!
We do not have a Target near us (closest is over 60 miles). The local Walmart (two of them) will not price match... I was told by management at one and a worker at the other, that they (sale price location) had to be within 50 miles of the store.

kimsuenew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 06:29 AM   #19
Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Good Morning Dewdrop View Post
The other store's ad (as I understand it) must list a price not a buy one get one free or % off - they won't match those ads.
Strange......our Walmart (here in the Great White North) price matched a percent off sale at Christmas time for me. Barbie dolls were on sale for 25% off at our local Canadian Tire, and advertised in their flyer. They applied the discount for me at WM with no problem, just calculating what 25% off the original cost would be and adjusting the price of the doll down accordingly.

But they are pretty sticky about having to have our flyers in hand at the register. They will literally check the sale dates on every flyer before agreeing to apply the price match......I am sure people behind me in line want to throw things and spit on me before my purchases are rang through and paid for. I price match weekly, on every item I can.

Jan. 2009....onsite at POR: all 4 Disney Parks
Jan. 2012....offsite on I-Drive: Universal Studios, IOA, SeaWorld, & Discovery Cove
Aug. 2012...Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa: Aquatica, Discovery Cove, and more
Dec. 2012...onsite at SW! Christmas week at SeaWorld, Aquatica, Gatorland, airboats, & holiday fun
**Christmas 2012 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3041415
Aug. 2013....Sheraton Vistana Resort: Blizzard Beach, Typhoon Lagoon, Cocoa Beach & more! **August 2013 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3167818

Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 08:51 AM   #20
Arkum
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina View Post

Strange......our Walmart (here in the Great White North) price matched a percent off sale at Christmas time for me. Barbie dolls were on sale for 25% off at our local Canadian Tire, and advertised in their flyer. They applied the discount for me at WM with no problem, just calculating what 25% off the original cost would be and adjusting the price of the doll down accordingly.

But they are pretty sticky about having to have our flyers in hand at the register. They will literally check the sale dates on every flyer before agreeing to apply the price match......I am sure people behind me in line want to throw things and spit on me before my purchases are rang through and paid for. I price match weekly, on every item I can.
My experience has been they want the flyer in hand. They were leery about me pulling up Target's ad on my phone although they gave me the sale price, they asked in the future to bring a hard copy of the ad.
Arkum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 02:42 PM   #21
we3peas
Mouseketeer

Just know that WM will NOT price match themselves! I was shopping for a charity and needed a certain kind of blanket and sheet set. I visited 4 different stores to get the amounts I needed. 3 stores all had the same prices but the 4th did not and they would NOT match the other 3. I'm in a metropolitan area and we have many WM's here and that is the reason I was given that they would not match. So if you think it's a good deal at the one you are shopping, get it then. Don't wait, it might be more at another one.
we3peas is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: