Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-02-2013, 08:27 AM   #16
ICF
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmann31 View Post
You cannot churn chase cards-their systems track it. That being said, there are different types of the chase southwest card (2 personal and 2 business), you can get a different one than you had before and still get the bonus.
yes you can -- I've not done it (yet) on their SW card -- but used to churn the Disney Visa and Marriot Rewards cards and always got the "sign up" promos.

And as someone else asked---both my wife and I have credit scores over 800, so any impact to them has been very minimal and well worth the additional rewards.
ICF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 03:54 PM   #17
leebee
DIS Veteran

Got it! I called VISA and the nice guy on the phone confirmed both that the promotional offer was there and the terms for earning the bonus points. I only mentioned the 50000 rapid rewards points; he discussed needing to spend $2000 in the first two months to earn the points, so I know for sure that it's on the account. YAY! Now I know we'll be able to go see DD when she is on the college program!
Register to remove

Old 04-02-2013, 05:43 PM   #18
pittsburghmom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by leebee View Post
Got it! I called VISA and the nice guy on the phone confirmed both that the promotional offer was there and the terms for earning the bonus points. I only mentioned the 50000 rapid rewards points; he discussed needing to spend $2000 in the first two months to earn the points, so I know for sure that it's on the account. YAY! Now I know we'll be able to go see DD when she is on the college program!
I'm thinking about cancelling our SW card and then reapplying in a few months if they happen to have the 50,000 point promo again (we got our card of May 2012 and used our points to fly this January)... Did you reapply in the same person's name that you had originally cancelled? How many months had it been since you cancelled? Thanks!
pittsburghmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 07:55 PM   #19
leebee
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pittsburghmom View Post
I'm thinking about cancelling our SW card and then reapplying in a few months if they happen to have the 50,000 point promo again (we got our card of May 2012 and used our points to fly this January)... Did you reapply in the same person's name that you had originally cancelled? How many months had it been since you cancelled? Thanks!
DH and I each had cards in our own names from the promo about a year ago (maybe May 2012?), where for a $69 fee, you got 50000 RR points after the first time you used the card. I closed these cards in early Feb. 2013. I applied for new cards last week, just before the promo ended ( spend $2000 in the first two months and get 50000 RR points). DH was accepted for the $69 annual fee card and I was approved for the $99 annual fee card. I would have applied for both of us to have the $69 card, but the system wouldn't link me through that night. We are happy to pay the fee for the points, as DD will be doing the college program in the fall and we anticipate quite a bit of flying!
Old 04-03-2013, 12:07 PM   #20
pittsburghmom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by leebee View Post
DH and I each had cards in our own names from the promo about a year ago (maybe May 2012?), where for a $69 fee, you got 50000 RR points after the first time you used the card. I closed these cards in early Feb. 2013. I applied for new cards last week, just before the promo ended ( spend $2000 in the first two months and get 50000 RR points). DH was accepted for the $69 annual fee card and I was approved for the $99 annual fee card. I would have applied for both of us to have the $69 card, but the system wouldn't link me through that night. We are happy to pay the fee for the points, as DD will be doing the college program in the fall and we anticipate quite a bit of flying!
Thank you for your response! Yes, we signed up last Apr/May of 2012 as well. Dh got the $69 annual fee card. I did not get one (I currently am a SAHM). I think we'll definitely cancel his card this week to avoid the 1 year anniversary annual fee and then *hopefully* reapply in his name during the next 50,000 promo. I agree, the points are WELL worth the annual fee! We were able to get 4 round trip tickets from Pittsburgh to Orlando for just under the 50,000 points this January.
pittsburghmom is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: