Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Other Lands > Australia
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-29-2013, 11:37 PM   #91
battymum
DIS Veteran

I am so sick of buying clothes they won't wear! I am selling a bunch of stuff on eBay at the moment that we bought in the USA that has never been worn! Not so much of a bargain if they don't wear it.

thank heaven for Jay Jays - the trendy gear at the right price, - I bought DS a black pair of jeans today, surely I can't go wrong with that.

I have twins, one will go shopping and comes home with the latest gear, the other, well... He will pull out whatever is in the drawer.
battymum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 01:50 AM   #92
Busy Busy
DIS Veteran

We have a shop at Miranda called Glue - it seems to suit DS15 without costing a bomb. As for his clothes that we got in 2011, he wore it all - but then grew 4 inches in next to no time, so nothing fit anymore!! I have friends with kids who are a couple of years younger than DS - they loved the hand me downs!!

He is planning some shopping on this trip, the Billabong stuff at the Element shop in Times Square was SO cheap! Also there's Footlocker - our son's version of Mecca, just like Sephora is mine!! OMG - this gets me crazy excited!!!

1978 - Disneyland
1997 - WDW - Dixie Landings & Disneyland
2006 - Hong Kong Disney
2009 - Disneyland - Paradise Pier
2011 - WDW - Wilderness Lodge
Busy Busy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-30-2013, 02:32 AM   #93
battymum
DIS Veteran

Oh yeah I went to Glue store - they have good sales there, but I felt like an imposter - I don't think your allowed in there if your over 20!
Old 03-30-2013, 02:34 AM   #94
battymum
DIS Veteran

My boy wears jeans once or twice a year - he has finally started growing but now nothing from last year fits!
Old 03-30-2013, 04:15 AM   #95
Busy Busy
DIS Veteran

Jack barely ever wears long pants - and DH is a Pom and lives in shorts (he wore them to our wedding - it was a very low key event, and they were nice shorts)!!!

Glue is hilarious - lots of teenagers checking each other out and me just trying to get him to choose something. I'm not embarrassing to be with when I'm handing over the cash or buying tickets to the Goodlife Festival or the football am I?!

Drives us nuts - but is so gorgeous!

1978 - Disneyland
2006 - Hong Kong Disney
Old 03-30-2013, 05:19 AM   #96
battymum
DIS Veteran

9degrees in Tokyo today, I'm thinking we will need long pants!
Old 03-30-2013, 08:14 AM   #97
Busy Busy
DIS Veteran

Yep, that weather would even get my DH out of his shorts!

I can't imagine the amazing things that the Batty family are all about see, and hear, and smell, and EAT!! I smile to myself when I think about what the Japanese reaction to our 6'4", blond 15 year old would be!!

Those post-it notes must be dwindling, Battymum!!

1978 - Disneyland
2006 - Hong Kong Disney
Old 03-30-2013, 04:21 PM   #98
battymum
DIS Veteran

10days to go for us!!
Old 04-01-2013, 07:45 PM   #99
Busy Busy
DIS Veteran

Wow, what a weekend....

DS15, DD8 and I are flying together to NYC through LA on Delta - all was perfectly fine when I booked it - we had 2 hours to make our connection. NOW - Delta have changed things and we have 90 minutes to make it

So, in we went to Flight Centre yesterday to have a chat and see what our options are. I don't know what to think. We are sitting in their Economy Plus seats - which are located at the front of the economy section, so getting off the plane will be quicker than if were way at the back. Also, I am hoping for a "fastpass" from Delta due to our tight connection. (Hoping - definitely not sure that we will get one).

We arrive and leave from the same terminal (5), and in that case, the minimum time that Delta require is 90 minutes - so this could be doable. The girl at Flight Centre actually just did this a month or so ago and she said that it was a bit stressful, but worked out in the end. She said that a Japan Airlines plane had landed just before them and customs was a disaster because of the language barrier. She was still waiting to clear customs with 5 minutes to go before the boarding of her NYC flight!!

We could change until the next flight - 3 and a half hours later - or just cross our fingers and go go go. If we miss the connection Delta will put us onto the next flight available (which still has heaps of seats free).....at the moment!

OMG - as the adult in the situation with 2 kids - I know what the sensible thing to do would be - but I feel as though if I take the later flight, Murphy's Law tells me that we will be through customs in minutes - what to do?

1978 - Disneyland
2006 - Hong Kong Disney
Old 04-02-2013, 05:29 AM   #100
Minniemum
DIS Veteran

We had a similar connection (VA-Delta) last year and did it easily under an hour. Maybe it was a case of good timing?? From what you've said, the worst case scenario is that you miss the connection and they bump you on to the next flight, which is your alternative connection. I'd definitely risk it and take the earlier connection. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

DLR - 1/92 O/S, 3/99 O/S, 6/99 O/S, 3/05 DLH, 9/08 DLH, 9/09 DLH, 9/13 O/S
DLP - 9/98
DCL Fantasy Eastern Caribbean - 9/13
WDW - 4/98 O/S, 10/10 POP, 9/11 POFQ, 9/12 POFQ, 9/13 POFQ, 9/14 POFQ

Minniemum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 07:55 AM   #101
Busy Busy
DIS Veteran

Exactly - nothing to lose, plus if it turns me a bit grey, we'll never know because I will have just had my hair done to my fabulous natural blonde for the holiday!!

Now for the next pouty moment - we need to pay our WDW money by the 4th of April, plus I want to ask a few questions, so I just sat on hold for 40 minutes and still didn't get to talk to anybody. FRUSTRATION!!!!

Now I'm off to bed to watch some Craig Ferguson - my future Scottish husband always makes me feel better!! . PS...my current English husband knows about my love for Craig and Bradley Cooper, etc, etc, etc!! He's happy to have me in the mean time!

1978 - Disneyland
2006 - Hong Kong Disney
Old 04-03-2013, 04:38 AM   #102
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end

Hope you got to speak to Disney.

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, Jan 2011 and Nov 2012 Another Mad Dash TR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
PrincessInOz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 06:23 AM   #103
Busy Busy
DIS Veteran

Yep, I did get to speak to Disney....when the pouring rain woke me up at 6am this morning I decided to get straight onto the phone. DS15 was up watching the Champions League soccer (he and DH will watch the final at ESPN in Orlando!!)

So, we are all paid up, plus I booked the Garden View Tea Room for DD8 and I while the boys are watching the soccer final - we are all happy!!

I have also booked the Wishes Dessert Party, where I plan to hit the chocolate covered strawberry section! DH is now on eBay looking at travel "stuff" - he needs to save that money for Tiffany & Co!!

1978 - Disneyland
2006 - Hong Kong Disney
Old 04-03-2013, 07:04 AM   #104
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end

Sounds great!

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, Jan 2011 and Nov 2012 Another Mad Dash TR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
PrincessInOz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 08:33 PM   #105
Busy Busy
DIS Veteran

Under 40 days!!!!!

I think that it's all finally done!! We booked an appointment at Drybar in NYC for fabulous hairdos for my SIL, DD8 and I, then we will fling our way down 5th Avenue to American Girl where we will buy the "Caroline" doll for our very own Caroline - I am beside myself over this!! (I also have another Drybar appointment for later in the week to kick off my alone day in NYC).

Travel insurance is sorted, we just have to work out the car hire and double check the visas. Ours are still in date from the last time we went, but DH will check just to be sure. I don't want any panic moments - "ain't nobody got time for that"!!

When my ex and his new wife (love her!!) traveled to NYC just after us in 2011, she was traveling on an Irish passport - it was still in date, but older so it didn't have a chip in it. They were stopped at customs here in Sydney and not allowed on the plane

24 hours later, after a trip to the Irish embassy then the US embassy, they had lost their seats and all of the frequent flyer points that they had used to buy the seats, they spent another $4000 and finally got to NYC. UGH!!

We were in Orlando by that stage and I remember my DH on the phone to the ex (yes, they are friends!), and all he was saying was "oh no", "oh no", "oh no"....nightmare!!

So.......it pays to TRIPLE CHECK (not that any of us have to - we are already perfect planners!!)

1978 - Disneyland
2006 - Hong Kong Disney

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: