Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Which would you choose?
AKL pool view 6 23.08%
BC garden view 5 19.23%
CBR preferred which saves enough for DDP 3 11.54%
POR with ddp (not sure about atmosphere here but people seem to love it) 12 46.15%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-01-2013, 10:19 PM   #1
ColinCodyMom
DIS Veteran

Why does this thing called choosing a resort have to be so hard?? :)

We are so excited and completely blessed to be able to take this trip to Disney in June and with that being said, I think we will be happy with any choice as it has to be better than being at home, right?

We were originally booked at AKL pool view (have stayed here twice and love it). Then I started wandering around these darn websites and read all the great information from fellow disers and decided to try BC garden view. We have never been there and were really concerned about the lack of food choices but decided to give it a try and switched. With the new promotion coming out tomorrow, I have spent a lot of time crunching numbers and have found that a moderate would save us so much that it would actually pay for the dining plan. The moderates were off our radar before. We have stayed at Pop and loved it and stayed at various deluxes and loved them. We haven't had a bad stay so I'm so worried about being disappointed in a mod. The resort experience is important to us. Size isn't really an issue but quality is. We love the tropical atmosphere and WL has been our least favorite because of that. So there's some background. Although POR looks beautiful, it doesn't look tropical (i.e. palm trees, etc.). The downside to CBR to me is double beds and last rooms to be redone. The downside to CSR to me is the convention resort feel. Although our boys would love both for their pool slides. If you were in my shoes, which would you choose? Save enough money to pay for the dining plan and try a mod? Or leave it alone and stay with deluxe? Thanks so much for the help!

2014 Trip: June 25-July 2 AKL
2013 Trip: June 18-22 AKL and June 22-25 AoA
2011 Trip: July 20-23 CR TPV and July 23-26 BLT
2010 Trips: May 1-6 AKL and May 6-9 POP
2009 Trips: May 6-13 AKL Sep.30-Oct.2 WL
2008 Trip: May Caribe Royale
2007 Trip: August Caribe Royale
2001 Trip: OKW
1998 Trip: OKW
ColinCodyMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 05:17 AM   #2
Disneylover99
DIS Veteran

As much as I would love staying at the BC, I could not justify staying there knowing I could stay at POR with the ddp for the same price.
Disneylover99 is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-02-2013, 06:24 AM   #3
boscov
Mouseketeer

No doubt POR doesn't have a tropical feel, but if you can look beyond that, I think you would love this resort. Of the choices on here, I would have a hard time choosing between POR and BC because they are my 2 favorite resorts. I lean towards POR for these reasons: Beautiful-tranquil theming, a fantastic food court, if you have younger kids they will love Yeeha Bob in the lounge at night, a good pool, the boat to DTD and lots of other activities are the reasons I pick this resort time and time again.

boscov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 06:46 AM   #4
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

I voted for AKL pool view. We loved our pool view room at AKL and while we also had a great stay at the BC, the lack of CS is the reason we haven't stayed at another Epcot resort. The BC is beautiful and you can't beat being within walking distance to 2 parks, but the lack of CS is a deal breaker for us. Good luck deciding, but I'm sure you'll have a great trip no matter which resort you choose.

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 07:05 AM   #5
jhryb
DIS Veteran

I vote for Coronado Springs Resort .... especially if you are thinking about adding on the DDP. Fantastic Resort to stay at if you have dining included. This is my favourite mod resort by far
Old 04-02-2013, 07:09 AM   #6
dansdad
DIS Veteran

As much as we like BC, staying at CBR with the DP gets our vote. CBR is our favorite moderate. With the laid back relaxed atmosphere, we feel we get 2 vacations in one.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: