Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 03-29-2013, 08:41 PM   #2116
HappyGal
DIS Veteran
 
HappyGal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: OTP Atlanta
Posts: 1,799

When will they release the outdoor movie schedule for April?
__________________

Monica
HappyGal is offline  
Old 03-29-2013, 08:51 PM   #2117
PhoenixStrength
Waiting for my fairytale!
 
PhoenixStrength's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Maryland
Posts: 3,313

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyGal View Post
When will they release the outdoor movie schedule for April?
April 1st
__________________
Aug 97 Off Site Aug 01 Off Site Sept 08 POP Nov 10 Off Site Feb 12 POP Dec 12 POP Sept 13 CBR May 14 CBR Dec 14 CBR

Heat, humidity and a great Mother/Daughter trip! A May TR
Alien Encounter gave me PTSD!! A Dec '14 PTR

PhoenixStrength is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 03-29-2013, 11:00 PM   #2118
kimgof
DIS Veteran
 
kimgof's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: new jersey(outside Philly)
Posts: 742

I booked two rooms at POP for my family of 5. I requested connecting rooms of course. This is my one and only request. Has anyone ever requested connected rooms and not gotten them? Just curious.
__________________

Halloween'04 ASSports,Aug '06 POR, Sept '08 POR, Aug '09 Poly,Aug '11Poly&HRH,Aug '14 POP&HRH
DS(19) DS(13): DD(11) me & DH
kimgof is offline  
Old 03-30-2013, 02:34 PM   #2119
Pembo
OH-IO
 
Pembo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: The Buckeye State
Posts: 7,561

Just home from 8 nights at POP. This was our first stay at Pop, 10+ trips to WDW. I LOVED Pop. Things are within easy walking distance, the food court was delicious, and the theming is great.
I did online check-in and had room keys in minutes from the front desk. I requested bldg 3, 4th floor, lake view and got an awesome view of Illuminations every night from our window. It was the perfect location.
We loved the tye-die cheesecake and the Oreo Mickey cupcakes. The chicken parmesan was delicious. DD loved the pizza.
We had no probs with the buses. Twice we jumped on an AOA bus back from the parks and quickly walked to our room at Pop. AOA theming is awesome, especially at night. We talk a walk over there to just look around and came back around the lake. It was a nice stroll.

A few notes: if you book thru AAA it is not easy to add someone to your reservation during your vacation or get Magical Express for that person. I was able to do it, but it took time.

If you need extra towels at 11 pm, you get them fast.

I had to do some laundry and it took 30 mins in the washer and 30 in the dryer. Jeans were dry after just 30 mins on high. I remember drying for over an hour at POR years ago.

If you go to WDW in March, bring clothes for all weather. It was 86 on Saturday and 46 on Tuesday. Shorts to gloves!!!

And lastly, if you go to WDW over spring break/Easter, you gotta have a plan and be prepared for big crowds! We were prepared but I met plenty of people that had no idea it would be so crowded and that lines would be really long.

We LOVE Pop!!!
__________________
Pembo is offline  
Old 03-30-2013, 03:48 PM   #2120
lvcourtneyy
DIS Veteran
 
lvcourtneyy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Staten Island
Posts: 1,282

We've booked our next trip to WDW and we're staying at Pop again!

We'll be there September 10-21!
__________________


Trip Reports In Progress:

Ooo I'm really scaredd! A Sept 13 TR!
Excuse me, your child can NOT go on stage with Mickey: a January 2013 TR!

Completed: We both got real jobs, now we can go to Disney: Sept 2013 PTR
July 2000: GKTW Village// January 2012 offiste// January 2013 Pop Century// September 2013 Pop Century

Follow me on Instagram: @courtneyeliizabeth
lvcourtneyy is offline  
Old 03-30-2013, 04:01 PM   #2121
azmommyx2
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 69

We also just recently stayed at the POP and really liked it. We were in the 50s building and the walk was just a few minutes. I did a few loads of laundry which was also convenient. The buses were excellent, we never waited more than 5 minutes. I also really liked the fact that there was only 1 bus stop. The only complaint I had was the food court. The food was average and I thought the staff was unfriendly at times and I did mention this to the manager. I think they need someone to improve their customer service in the food area. In the end, I would stay there again and recommend this resort to anyone. I am sure Disney will improve the service in the food court.
azmommyx2 is offline  
Old 03-30-2013, 07:14 PM   #2122
MeMom
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 15,024

Just left Pop Wednesday. After five nights at Beach Club Villas with some friends, we stayed two nights at Pop. We have stayed in many of the resorts now at all levels, but Pop feels like home every time we walk back into the lobby and see the Everything Pop sign.

According to all of our friends back home, we picked the perfect time to be gone. For eight days, we got pictures and comments via phone and FB about the cold and snow back home. I was evil and sent back pictures of the pool, palm trees, and blue skies.

We had a fantastic room - 5363 - right on the pool and a stone's throw from Classic Hall. Now I have only one building left that I have not stayed in - Lady. I have stayed in some buildings multiple times, but I haven't landed in Lady yet, so I may request that building for the December trip. It's more important that we have connecting rooms, though, so that is our #1 and only request as of now.

We had the door open both nights to feel the breeze and listen to the sounds of kids splashing around in the pool, and both nights the lady next door came out to smoke on the balcony. We shut the door until she was finished.







Quote:
Originally Posted by kimgof View Post
I booked two rooms at POP for my family of 5. I requested connecting rooms of course. This is my one and only request. Has anyone ever requested connected rooms and not gotten them? Just curious.
We always request connecting rooms and, so far, we have never not gotten them. Maybe we have just been lucky, but we've stayed at Pop many times, and they have always come through with connecting rooms. And when we have needed three rooms, they have given us connecting and either next door or within a few doors. Hope it all works well for you in your requests, too.
__________________
So Much to Celebrate http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3066162
I Don't Know, I Don't Speak Wind http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2962147
All I want for Christmas http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2860915
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678


We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
MeMom is offline  
Old 03-30-2013, 11:04 PM   #2123
eeudj
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 182

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney1990 View Post
We love having a lake view. Shhhhh - don't tell anybody. They will start charging us more to have it. LOL
I think a first floor lake view would be wonderful! I have booked through southwest vacations, should i make my resquest through Disney now or wait for check in?
eeudj is offline  
Old 03-31-2013, 10:56 AM   #2124
JoshP
Earning My Ears
 
JoshP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Lansing, Michigan
Posts: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pembo View Post
Just home from 8 nights at POP. This was our first stay at Pop, 10+ trips to WDW. I LOVED Pop. Things are within easy walking distance, the food court was delicious, and the theming is great.
I did online check-in and had room keys in minutes from the front desk. I requested bldg 3, 4th floor, lake view and got an awesome view of Illuminations every night from our window. It was the perfect location.
We loved the tye-die cheesecake and the Oreo Mickey cupcakes. The chicken parmesan was delicious. DD loved the pizza.
We had no probs with the buses. Twice we jumped on an AOA bus back from the parks and quickly walked to our room at Pop. AOA theming is awesome, especially at night. We talk a walk over there to just look around and came back around the lake. It was a nice stroll.

A few notes: if you book thru AAA it is not easy to add someone to your reservation during your vacation or get Magical Express for that person. I was able to do it, but it took time.

If you need extra towels at 11 pm, you get them fast.

I had to do some laundry and it took 30 mins in the washer and 30 in the dryer. Jeans were dry after just 30 mins on high. I remember drying for over an hour at POR years ago.

If you go to WDW in March, bring clothes for all weather. It was 86 on Saturday and 46 on Tuesday. Shorts to gloves!!!

And lastly, if you go to WDW over spring break/Easter, you gotta have a plan and be prepared for big crowds! We were prepared but I met plenty of people that had no idea it would be so crowded and that lines would be really long.

We LOVE Pop!!!
Thanks for the report and pointers. One month until my first time at POP and I love reading all these tips. Awesome report . Thanks!
Josh
JoshP is offline  
Old 03-31-2013, 11:41 AM   #2125
KarmaCat
Earning My Ears
 
KarmaCat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Ohio
Posts: 52

Pac-Man View Room?

I have a question for you seasoned POPpers!

My kids are REALLY into Pac-Man, and we would love to book a room that looks out onto one of the buildings with Pac-Man and the ghosts on the railing so that we have a view of the characters from our window. Which building should we request? I know we need to get a pool-view room to make it work, but beyond that I'm not sure which building(s) will give us what we want!

Thanks in advance for your help!
__________________
Disney bound in November of 2015!!!
KarmaCat is offline  
Old 03-31-2013, 12:00 PM   #2126
jcarwash
DIS Veteran
 
jcarwash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 3,539

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarmaCat View Post
My kids are REALLY into Pac-Man, and we would love to book a room that looks out onto one of the buildings with Pac-Man and the ghosts on the railing so that we have a view of the characters from our window. Which building should we request? I know we need to get a pool-view room to make it work, but beyond that I'm not sure which building(s) will give us what we want!
The standard pool view rooms in building 7 or 9 in the 80's section will have a window facing the other building across the way. The standard pool view rooms in building 8 the 90's building will have a window facing where you can see both of the 80's buildings. The Pac-Man characters are on the outside railings of both the 80's buildings.

It isn't required to book a standard pool view room in order have a "view" of the characters, but it could increase your chances. You would want to request one of those buildings specifically as a standard pool view room could also be assigned in the 50's section.

Also keep in mind that your window "view" isn't unobstructed -- your window no matter where you are, first you see the outside walkway, then the railing, then the view beyond.
__________________

WDW: 17 | DLR: 3 | DCL: 2
Next: Feb 2015 Disney Magic
jcarwash is offline  
Old 03-31-2013, 10:39 PM   #2127
ean
Mouseketeer
 
ean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: 5555 miles from Disney...
Posts: 115

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarmaCat View Post
I have a question for you seasoned POPpers!

My kids are REALLY into Pac-Man, and we would love to book a room that looks out onto one of the buildings with Pac-Man and the ghosts on the railing so that we have a view of the characters from our window. Which building should we request? I know we need to get a pool-view room to make it work, but beyond that I'm not sure which building(s) will give us what we want!

Thanks in advance for your help!
Hello! We got room 7405, (Roger Rabbit building), this is the view from there:



But it was a Standard Room (4th floor). I do not have a view from inside the room...
__________________






DW Ana DS6 Matias and me

Oct. 2011 POP Aug. 2012 POP Oct. 2013 POP (turning 40 @ WDW)
ean is offline  
Old 04-02-2013, 07:45 AM   #2128
HappyGal
DIS Veteran
 
HappyGal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: OTP Atlanta
Posts: 1,799

Here's the April "Movies Under the Stars" schedule for Pop and AoA:

Pop Century Poolside Movie Schedule

8:30PM - By the Hippy Dippy Feature Pool at Pop Century

Sunday - Wreck-It Ralph
Monday - Ratatouille
Tuesday - Cars
Wednesday - Alice in Wonderland (2010)
Thursday - The Incredibles
Friday - The Muppets (2011)
Saturday - Toy Story 3 (Apr 22: DisneyNature Chimpanzee)


Art of Animation Poolside Movie Schedule ~ 8:30PM

Sunday
Wreck-It Ralph

Monday
Lilo & Stitch

Tuesday
Tangled (See our Princess Page)

Wednesday
The Secret World of Arriety

Thursday
The Lion King

Friday
Hercules

Saturday
Tarzan (April 22: DisneyNature: Chimpanzee)
__________________

Monica

Last edited by HappyGal; 04-02-2013 at 07:48 AM. Reason: TYPO
HappyGal is offline  
Old 04-02-2013, 02:45 PM   #2129
Janet B
DIS Veteran
 
Janet B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Harleysville, PA
Posts: 3,992

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagfanjosh3252 View Post
Anybody gonna be down 4/4-4/6? Solo traveler enjoying my bday looking for park buddies
Awesome!! Your trip is almost here!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnaBoo View Post
DH and I are looking forward to another great stay at POP.
Doing a bit of a different trip this year.

We are only staying for 11 nights and then heading over to Universal for 11 nights. We are planning to check out Sea World and the Titanic this year.

Just as long as I get to visit wiht the mouse I'm a happy girl.
Wow!! have great that you have such a long vacation planned!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacoby 46 View Post
I can't wait to hop on the Monorail..I don't truly feel like I am at Disney until I do that!! Only a week and a half to go!!! So excited!!
I know what you mean... but the airport "fake" monorail makes me happy too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KELLY View Post
It went down today for the Saturday we wanted to leave. I added 2 nights and got a 4.00 credit. 16 nights in the world.
Nice Kelly! 16 days in the world!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentopher View Post
50 days!!! Omg!! Can't wait!!!


When I booked it was 200+ days!!!

The boys are ready to go tomorrow lol
I dug out the suitcase today. Hehehe


Quote:
Originally Posted by AuroraRora View Post
35 days here! I called today to give them my flight info so they could send out my ME tags, and to do a room request - I'm so excited!


Quote:
Originally Posted by goofgal31 View Post
Exactly one month from today and I will be "home" again


Quote:
Originally Posted by lvcourtneyy View Post
We've booked our next trip to WDW and we're staying at Pop again!

We'll be there September 10-21!
Another nice long trip planned!!
__________________
Janet

Check out the Grooviest FAQ thread here: POP Century FAQ Thread

TY Kook!
Janet B is offline  
Old 04-02-2013, 02:46 PM   #2130
Janet B
DIS Veteran
 
Janet B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Harleysville, PA
Posts: 3,992

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyGal View Post
Here's the April "Movies Under the Stars" schedule for Pop and AoA:
Thanks HappyGal!! will add it to the FAQ info
__________________
Janet

Check out the Grooviest FAQ thread here: POP Century FAQ Thread

TY Kook!
Janet B is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:45 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: