Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Yachtsman or Le Cellier??
Yachtsman 24 77.42%
Le Cellier 7 22.58%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-01-2013, 07:08 PM   #16
ldnoggle
Mouseketeer

After eating at both, I'd have to say YSH. In fact, it's the only ADR we're making for a last minute trip in July. We've had great service at both- but thought the Yachtsman was more of a "signature" experience- and we rated each course above what we had at Le Cellier.
Old 04-01-2013, 07:25 PM   #17
stitchlovestink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by vettegirl
Yachtsman for professional service, fantastic aged steaks, and nice setting.
Depends on your server. Our server at YSH on 3/20 was okay but that's about all I would rank her. Our servers at LeCellier have (most of the time) been phenemonal!
And my good aged steak was over cooked. I asked for medium rare and imo was no where close! I even said I like it bloody! It was hardly even pink let alone red.
The setting was nice as far as we got a nice view since we had a window seat and could look out at the pool. But honestly, I will NOT be rushing back there. The service was not great, just okay. And the mashed potatoes were VERY plain which was extremely disappointing especially after having eaten at Narcossee's a few days earlier.
I vote for LeCellier. I have NEVER received an overcooked filet in all the times I have eaten there!
stitchlovestink is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-01-2013, 07:36 PM   #18
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWFANCBIIIME View Post
People do not like it because reservations are difficult that is the only reason!
Not true for me, I didn't like the food. IMO, it's easier to get an ADR at Le Cellier now than it used to be. I tried Le Cellier before it changed to a signature and never returned as I didn't like the food, so I definitely have no desire to go back now that it's a signature and costs more. I know I can get much better food elsewhere in an atmosphere more to my liking.

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 07:39 PM   #19
PlutoSchwartz
Earning My Ears

I personally prefer Le Cellier... I find the atmosphere more welcoming.
PlutoSchwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 07:54 PM   #20
clapton
Mouseketeer

Like both but prefer LC. Like the atmosphere better and thought the food was very good!
clapton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 08:52 PM   #21
WDWFANCBIIIME
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCountyCommuter View Post
have you looked lately? Reservations are getting much easier.... I had several days were it came up on my trip next week (and I was looking last week.) I chose to leave them open for other unsuspecting tourists rather then waste my cash there again. (Yes, I gave this place a couple of tries!)

Actually I think it's been "popular" simply because "if it's that hard to get a reservation it must be good" followed by well "for that much money we must have liked it"

ANd I can't see how Yatchsman was that much cheaper. An 8 oz filet at LeCellier is $43 and $42 at Yatchsman....
Money really is no option, I have no care at all what it costs if it is good... I went to both less than a month ago and FOR ME Le Cellier was so much better, and it was a much harder reservation yes it seats less but it is STILL extremely popular!!! Even the server said they DID NOT enjoy working at Yachtsman really really poor service and food... Nothing on the APP menu appealed to anyone in my party either... the setting is extremely bland and boring really again the worst signature dining experience I have EVER had at Disney!!!
WDWFANCBIIIME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 12:14 AM   #22
OrangeCountyCommuter
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWFANCBIIIME View Post
Money really is no option, I have no care at all what it costs if it is good... I went to both less than a month ago and FOR ME Le Cellier was so much better, and it was a much harder reservation yes it seats less but it is STILL extremely popular!!! Even the server said they DID NOT enjoy working at Yachtsman really really poor service and food... Nothing on the APP menu appealed to anyone in my party either... the setting is extremely bland and boring really again the worst signature dining experience I have EVER had at Disney!!!
Sorry, but my worst signature was LeCellier. The goal was turn the table not provide a signature experience. The tables are crammed in there, the steak was fatty. The soup was good, but at a signature your main dish should not be served with the appetizer

I left feeling I would have eaten better at my local Longhorn Steakhouse

Look at it this way, if the poll results reflect how diners feel you should find it easier and easier to get a table
OrangeCountyCommuter is online now   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: