Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-09-2013, 08:30 PM   #91
dtr_angel
You're really cute, but I have no idea what you are saying

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelMel11 View Post
Count me in!!
Thanks for stopping by!

Quote:
Originally Posted by khertz View Post
Have you tried calling T-Rex directly? I think they only release a few times to the WDW website, but if you call you might be able to get a better time. Because you're right, infant or no infant, 9 pm is late for dinner!!
Until I read this comment from you, I had not even thought about that! DH and I have been discussing it and it makes perfect sense. T-Rex is in DD so not everyone that is eating there is on a Disney vacation or booking ADRs through the Disney system so it would make sense that Disney doesn't get all the ADR times. Thank you so much for pointing this out! I need to get their number written down and do that. Here's to hoping we can get an actual dinner time and not "linner" or a midnight snack
June 1998 Offsite // June 2008 Pop Century // March 2009 Pop Century // August 2009 Wilderness Lodge // May 2011 Animal Kingdom Lodge CL // May 2013 Art of Animation Nemo Suite // May 2014 Windsor Hills // October 2014 All Star Sports // December 2014 Grand Floridian & Windsor Hills //
dtr_angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 08:59 PM   #92
dtr_angel

Day 5 Plans!

Tuesday 5/14

This will be our Epcot morning! The park opens bright and early at 8am for Disney Resort guests so we'll be taking advantage of that! Since World Showcase does not open until 11 am, it looks like we will be spending some time in Future World!

Of course we will be riding/getting fast passes for the two big attractions - Test Track and Soarin'. Soarin' is probably my favorite ride in all of Disney World. I know that Test Track was just recently refurb'ed so I cannot wait to see the changes! Since we will have already been here twice, there might be some things already checked off.

Future World to do list...
-Soarin'
-Test Track
-Spaceship Earth
-Mission Space (will happily sit this one out so the boys can do the more intense version. I did the milder one on one of our trips and it gave me a headache)
-I am on a mission to find the Sum of All Thrills ride. I've read about it on the Dis but we have never seen it. I love the idea of building my own coaster and then getting to try it out!
-The Seas with Nemo and friends - all that fun stuff! The ride, the picture in Bruce's mouth, Turtle Talk with Crush... oh and I want to go upstairs and look at the aquarium! We have NEVER done this and I'm sure Gavin will love it. Of course on Saturday we will have eaten at Coral Reef so there is a chance we might have done some of this stuff. Some might be worth repeating!

Then of course after World Showcase opens we'll be heading over there. I'm not sure where lunch will be but believe it or not, my vote right now is for the Liberty Inn in America. Now hear me out... I've always laughed at this because hello, we're in America! They have all these foods all over Disney (chicken nuggets, burgers) and Epcot has amazing counter service from all over the world. But, I recently read a Disney Food Blog post with a review and now I want to try the yummy looking steak dinner. I mean serious, steak dinner for lunch for a counter service credit? Oh and the dessert... Sold!

Here is the review, for anyone interested. Now I really want that Smores Mousse Brownie!

World Showcase - as I mentioned this will be our third visit to Epcot. Saturday evening I specifically planned for us to explore World Showcase so today will be to pick up where we left off or do some different stuff or repeat some fun stuff - seriously this is some laid back trip planning

There is so much that we have not done in World Showcase. Here are my goals...

-Boat ride in Mexico
-Maelstrom ride in Norway
-some character meet and greets along the way
-some shows that we have never seen (all of them!) seriously I just found out the other day while reading a trip report that France had a movie. News to me! And speaking of France... there will definitely been a snack from there. I think I need to do a whole post for food, and another dedicated to snacks. Idea!

So anyway at some point we will have full bellies and be tired so it will be time to go. If we can last until 1pm then I would like to head into Innoventions and do the Disney Visa Meet & Greet and get the picture.

After a break to swim/rest it will be time to get to it again. This time at Hollywood Studios for the night! We have a 5:45pm ADR for Sci Fi that we are really excited about!

We have never eaten here. I am also excited to find out they have changed their menu and have burgers for dinner now that they have a combined lunch/dinner menu. From what I understand you go to Sci Fi for the burgers...

That burger is seriously calling to me.

The Famous All American Picnic Burger - Flame-broiled Angus Burger Patty topped with Grilled Hot Dog, Sauerkraut, and Sauteed Onions, crowned with a Pickle Spear served with a choice of Cucumber Salad or French Fries

Without the sourkraut, of course! I've never been to a drive in movie so I'm looking forward to my fake drive in experience here

Since we will have already been at Hollywood Studios I don't have any real plans other that to go for anything we didn't do before. I'm sure Toy Story Mania FP will be gone. Maybe the boys can get another ride in on Tower of Terror and/or Rock n Roller Coaster. I'm not sure if this will be a Fantasmic night or not (is that schedule out yet?) But if you don't already know, I hate Fantasmic and have tried to watch it twice and failed. I know Daniel would like to see the end of it. If brother is up for that, I'll take Gavin and head back to the hotel so they can stay and see it. It will be time to rest up for our last full day in Disney!
June 1998 Offsite // June 2008 Pop Century // March 2009 Pop Century // August 2009 Wilderness Lodge // May 2011 Animal Kingdom Lodge CL // May 2013 Art of Animation Nemo Suite // May 2014 Windsor Hills // October 2014 All Star Sports // December 2014 Grand Floridian & Windsor Hills //
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-02-2013, 08:25 PM   #93
dtr_angel

I only have one more day to type up... hoping for soon!
Old 03-13-2013, 02:18 PM   #94
dtr_angel

Disney/Life Update

So my son has decided that his naps are only going to be 15 minutes long. That gave me just enough time to throw in a load of clothes that had smashed banana all over them, and get comfortable at the computer before it was time to go get him What a nice mommy break... so that is why there has not been many updates, sorry! I know I am basically talking to myself but I'm cool with it! My brother came over on Sunday and we went over everything. DH and I hashed out some DHS/AK details so I'll be posting those as well. Epcot I think we'll be able to hash out but oh my goodness the Magic Kingdom plans - I'm overwhelmed and I've been to Disney 5 times. Too many what ifs. Maybe I'll have time to ramble about that too. I am SO excited. I'm probably crazy but not ready! We started making lists of things we need to pack and buy and there is so much to do. Plus I still haven't secured an acceptable time for our Trex ADR. Plus I'm not ready for my baby boy to be another 2 months older. We're ready to be in Disney though. Today I am drinking out of my refillable mug. I already started packing a few things. I am determined to be READY for Disney except for the things we can't pack by the end of April. I cannot be disorganized with an infant. I will not allow it! I ordered a pillow case for Gavin that I am going to have signed by all the characters we meet for his first trip.

Now that I am basically not working, I'm busier than I have ever been! I get to read updates on the Dis app when he is nursing or sleeping on me but it's too hard to post. I'm sorry I've been such a crap Dis friend and updater lately! I think it was easier when baby was a newborn. We almost have a crawler! Eek!

In baby news, my little one is 7.5 months old. He weighs about 19 lbs. At 6 months he was 75% for height. That makes this short momma very happy! He has been eating solids through Baby Led Weaning. Any time we have tried purees he has refused them and it turns out it's because he doesn't want fed! He feeds himself. Anything that has to be on a spoon or fork we load up for him and he feeds himself. Not exactly smooth or mess free but its fun! He still nurses like a champ and hasn't dropped any feeds. We're working on tooth number 7! He got his first tooth at 5 months (When we were supposed to be at Disney) then at 6 months in one week he popped the next 3. That was about 5 weeks ago and now this week we've gotten 3. I call him my little over achiever He can sit up by himself. He hates to be on his belly but I still put him on it every day for as long as he can stand. He's definitely pushing up and trying to crawl. I still cannot believe he's not my precious little newborn anymore. Every stage is great though, we're having a lot of fun with him!

Disney updates soon... next will be the last day Magic Kingdom loose plans.

Last edited by dtr_angel; 10-31-2013 at 02:50 PM.
Old 03-13-2013, 08:27 PM   #95
Alysa
DIS Veteran

Loving the baby updates! Our little one has stopped napping during the day as well (just tiny 30 minute ones) but he sleeps so well at night, I'll just count my blessings!
Looking forward to seeing pictures of the tie-dye!
78 & 85: Offsite w. parents, 00: New Years Eve at Port Orleans & Anniversary at BWV, 01: Star Wars Weekend at POR & Christmas at GF & BWV, 04: Baby's first trip AKL, 05: Spring at BCV; 06: Big Family Trip, BCV & Vero-WL homeless trip, 08: Minnie Marathon with my sister, Big family Not so scary halloween party, 10: Star Wars Weekend boys trip & Vero/WL summer holiday, Big Family Christmas, 11: Star Wars weekend, Summer road trip, 13: Halloween without mum

Up next June 2015 Changing my Life
Alysa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 07:12 PM   #96
natebenma
DIS Veteran

I am still having trouble getting over to pre-trip-report-land, so I'm sorry I
haven't been around.

You must be getting super excited about your trip!

It's gonna be a whole 'nother world for you, with the new baby and showing your brother around for his first trip. Probably the most important thing to remember is to go with the flow. With Gavin, everything may not go exactly as planned. Be ready to zig and zag and it will all be good!

Your plans sound great!

Did you get you get the reservation for the Wishes Dessert Party?

How about T-Rex? I need to call myself- there were no reservations available when I called Disney, but I have had good luck calling there direct.

Thanks also for the update about Gavin. Sounds like he is doing great! Sorry to hear about the shortened naps, though.

I'll be back- hopefully sooner rather than later!

Last edited by natebenma; 03-14-2013 at 07:20 PM.
natebenma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 01:59 AM   #97
dtr_angel

2 more teeth today... I really will get around to this update soon I hope
Old 03-25-2013, 07:53 PM   #98
dtr_angel

My 8 month old has 10 teeth. There has not been time to update in the last few weeks, oh my goodness. Hopefully this week? We've been doing a lot of work on the Disney vacation. I started packing. By packing I mean I grabbed an empty suitcase and when things that I ordered for the trip come in the mail I throw them in haha. I've ordered a bunch of stuff... I can't even remember what right now but the box is full. We just got our stroller and put it together today. It's nice, light weight, reclines almost all the way, has a huge sun shade, and will take up much less room in our cargo area.

I just pre-ordered the Photopass CD. I need to book our flights. They are pricey, but maybe that's because we are flying the Friday before Mother's Day? We're going to end up paying for 4 tickets what I paid for 5 tickets for January. Oh well. I will wait until tomorrow and if the price is the same I'm just booking it. I don't want to chance it. Plus we're using Magical Express. On one of our trips, it wasn't the last one but I forgot to call and give them our flight info in a timely manner and we did not get luggage tags before we left and we had to claim our bags before going to DME and that was NOT fun. Oh it was the time we stayed at the Wilderness Lodge. Anyway, we will not be doing that with a baby in tow. We're checking as much as possible so we don't have to deal with bags at the airport. I'm hoping to only have 2 bags with us. One bag with stuff for the baby (basically a diaper bag) and another bag that has our camera, kindle if we're taking it (thought it might be a good dis tractor for baby if there were videos or something on it) stuff for the pool/park until our room is ready... but I'm sure those 2 bags will easily turn into like 8 "have to have" carry on bags. HAH!

Thanks to khertz we were able to secure a dinner time reservation for T-Rex the night we wanted it! They said they had all times so DH picked 530. Now I have to cancel our 3 and 9pm reservations.

I called an made the final payment yesterday. I just did online check in. AHH This is getting real, so much to do. My plan is to be packed as much as possible by the end of April so we're not rushing around at the last minute.

Last edited by dtr_angel; 10-31-2013 at 02:51 PM.
Old 03-25-2013, 08:04 PM   #99
dtr_angel

I have tried everything, I cannot get a new avatar to work, UGH!
Old 03-28-2013, 11:55 AM   #100
khertz
Proud member of the WHO DAT NATION!!

Bringing the Kindle is a great idea! I'm so happy we have the iPad now for Paxton when we travel, it has been a life saver. He can watch movies, play learning games, etc. and keep him busy for the flights. Since we started bringing that on our flights, he has been a dream traveler! We are taking a long road trip next month, so we actually found a tablet mount that clips onto the headrest of the front seat to use in our vehicles, so we can put the iPad in there and he can watch movies when we drive back and forth to New Orleans. It has made those 2 hour trips SO much easier!

Again, so glad I was able to help with your T-Rex reservation! 5:30 is a perfect dinner time!!
JULY 1994 // Offsite & Universal Studios & Busch Gardens | APRIL 1998 // All Star Music & Universal Studios |FEBRUARY 2001 // All Star Music & Universal | MARCH 2003 // All Star Music & Universal // Hard Rock Hotel | FEBRUARY 2004 // All Star Music & Universal // Royal Pacific & Sea World | OCTOBER 2007 (Disneymoon!) // Port Orleans French Quarter & Universal Studios // Royal Pacific | DECEMBER 2009 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/ TR | JULY/AUGUST 2010 // Wyndham Cypress Palms TR | NOVEMBER 2011 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | MAY 2012 // Disneyland // Wyndham Dolphin's Cove TR | AUGUST 2012 // Disneyland 5 Year Anniversary Trip // Peacock Suites TR | OCTOBER 2012 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | OCTOBER 2013 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek & Universal // Royal Pacific PTR/TR | MAY 2014 // Wilderness Lodge TR | SEPTEMBER 2014 // ABD DIS Exclusive Viva Italia & Disneyland Paris Show No Fear! DIS Exclusive Viva Italia + DLP Sept 2014 | MARCH 2015 // Disneyland // Wyndham Dolphin's Cove | OCTOBER 2015 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek & Universal | FEBRUARY 2016 // ??
khertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 08:00 PM   #101
natebenma
DIS Veteran

I'm glad you got the reservation for T-Rex. I called direct too, and they were wide open with reservations, so we have a 6 PM.

I read that there is a 10% discount at T-Rex if you show your AAA card. I plan on trying that for our trip.

Did you book your airfare yet? Yikes, I can't believe how much it has gone up to fly in the past few years!
natebenma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 12:12 AM   #102
dtr_angel

Quote:
Bringing the Kindle is a great idea! I'm so happy we have the iPad now for Paxton when we travel, it has been a life saver. He can watch movies, play learning games, etc. and keep him busy for the flights. Since we started bringing that on our flights, he has been a dream traveler! We are taking a long road trip next month, so we actually found a tablet mount that clips onto the headrest of the front seat to use in our vehicles, so we can put the iPad in there and he can watch movies when we drive back and forth to New Orleans. It has made those 2 hour trips SO much easier!

Again, so glad I was able to help with your T-Rex reservation! 5:30 is a perfect dinner time!!
DH really wanted to buy me an iPad for Christmas but I talked him out of it. I felt guilty since I wasn't going to be working anymore and couldn't justify the expense... we both have iphones, I still have my ipod touch, and he has a kindle. I still want one but just don't *need* one. I'm hoping that since Disney has wifi now we'll be able to use the netflix app on the kindle, there are a ton of Disney movies on there! I definitely plan on getting an ipad though for the same reason you use yours - as a distraction in the car and in lines! I'm sure that has made your car trips so much easier. Gavin hates the car and I plan to keep him rear facing as long as possible so as he gets older he is going to hate it more and more.

So excited to be eating dinner that night at dinner time, lol. We ate dinner one night later than that on DH's bday at Teppan Edo and we were so tired and over it by the time we rolled out of there it wasn't worth it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
I'm glad you got the reservation for T-Rex. I called direct too, and they were wide open with reservations, so we have a 6 PM.

I read that there is a 10% discount at T-Rex if you show your AAA card. I plan on trying that for our trip.

Did you book your airfare yet? Yikes, I can't believe how much it has gone up to fly in the past few years!
So glad you got your T-Rex reservation too. We're so excited to try there. The menu is so huge, it will probably take me forever to decide. I already know about dessert though... We're on the dining plan, but thanks for the tip about AAA, I didn't know that!

We just booked our airfare a few days ago. It was steep - 1155.xx for 4 round trip tickets. Plus another $215 really if you count the ticket I bought for my other brother that he didn't use. Hopefully he will get to use it before it expires in October though. Airfare has really gone up. Our fares are astronomical compared to what we have paid the past 4 times we have flown to Disney.
Old 04-02-2013, 12:40 AM   #103
dtr_angel

Last week I booked our airfare and called and updated Disney...hopefully it was not too late to get our Magical Express luggage tags before we leave.

I got our reservation booked for the dessert party on Mother's Day! I am SO excited! We also moved our Garden Grill ADR up to 430 that day to make sure our bellies aren't going to be too full. We're just going to have to make sure to eat at Pizza Planet right at 11am so we're not too full to eat dinner. Oh the vicious full stomach circle at Disney, LOL. We love the dining plan though.

We also got all of our ADRs sorted out with adding Gavin. For some of them I only booked it as 3 adults so we had the infant added so they know we need a high chair. The only one the CM couldn't change was our Ohana ADR because it would've changed the time, so hopefully it will not be an issue.

I am having serious issues getting pictures to post and getting my avatar changed. I hate having that default castle picture but its better than it being blank.
Old 04-02-2013, 10:02 AM   #104
khertz
Proud member of the WHO DAT NATION!!

The dessert party will be a great way to cap off your first Mother's Day in WDW!

I'm sure you won't have a problem with your 'Ohana ADR and Gavin not being added on there. Since you are three adults, you have to be at a 4-top table anyway, so what's the difference if it's another adult in a chair or a baby in a highchair, right? At least, that's how I see it!

Hopefully you can get your avatar fixed. The size has to be SO small, I had a hard time finding on that fit the requirements too!
JULY 1994 // Offsite & Universal Studios & Busch Gardens | APRIL 1998 // All Star Music & Universal Studios |FEBRUARY 2001 // All Star Music & Universal | MARCH 2003 // All Star Music & Universal // Hard Rock Hotel | FEBRUARY 2004 // All Star Music & Universal // Royal Pacific & Sea World | OCTOBER 2007 (Disneymoon!) // Port Orleans French Quarter & Universal Studios // Royal Pacific | DECEMBER 2009 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/ TR | JULY/AUGUST 2010 // Wyndham Cypress Palms TR | NOVEMBER 2011 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | MAY 2012 // Disneyland // Wyndham Dolphin's Cove TR | AUGUST 2012 // Disneyland 5 Year Anniversary Trip // Peacock Suites TR | OCTOBER 2012 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | OCTOBER 2013 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek & Universal // Royal Pacific PTR/TR | MAY 2014 // Wilderness Lodge TR | SEPTEMBER 2014 // ABD DIS Exclusive Viva Italia & Disneyland Paris Show No Fear! DIS Exclusive Viva Italia + DLP Sept 2014 | MARCH 2015 // Disneyland // Wyndham Dolphin's Cove | OCTOBER 2015 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek & Universal | FEBRUARY 2016 // ??
khertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 03:27 PM   #105
dtr_angel

Quote:
The dessert party will be a great way to cap off your first Mother's Day in WDW!

I'm sure you won't have a problem with your 'Ohana ADR and Gavin not being added on there. Since you are three adults, you have to be at a 4-top table anyway, so what's the difference if it's another adult in a chair or a baby in a highchair, right? At least, that's how I see it!

Hopefully you can get your avatar fixed. The size has to be SO small, I had a hard time finding on that fit the requirements too!
Yes, a nice present to myself LOL. I don't think so either, if they are out of high chairs then maybe we can bring the stroller in, or he can sit in our laps - although that is fun because he grabs EVERYTHING.

I finally got one uploaded but it wasn't the one I wanted. Oh well. I wish I had not deleted the last one even though the picture was 4 years old!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: