DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-27-2013, 07:43 AM   #1
Marionnette
Wishing On A Star
I stop in the middle and make others step over me while pretending not to understand English

Would this be frowned upon?

My husband and I will be spending 3 nights in a BCV studio before joining my sister and BIL in a BWV 2-bedroom for a week. My sister and her husband will be arriving very early on the morning that I'm checking out of BCV.

I was thinking that if I added them to my BCV reservation, we would all be able to enjoy SAB for the day. They would never actually be staying in the room and we would not be exceeding the room capacity. The only reason for adding them would be so that they can get into SAB.

What are your thoughts on this?

Marionnette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 07:57 AM   #2
disneynutz

Earning My Ears One At A Time

Per Disney policies, you are within your right to move forward with your plan.

Bill

disneynutz is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-27-2013, 08:02 AM   #3
ccgirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marionnette View Post
My husband and I will be spending 3 nights in a BCV studio before joining my sister and BIL in a BWV 2-bedroom for a week. My sister and her husband will be arriving very early on the morning that I'm checking out of BCV.

I was thinking that if I added them to my BCV reservation, we would all be able to enjoy SAB for the day. They would never actually be staying in the room and we would not be exceeding the room capacity. The only reason for adding them would be so that they can get into SAB.

What are your thoughts on this?
My only concern (not sure if it's even a valid one) would be if they charge extra for having 4 adults in the room. I believe in the hotel rooms you can have 2 adults and any more was $25 - not sure if DVC is the same.
Pre-Trip Report http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2503063
Oct 2011 - F&W AKL and BCV
May 2012 - HGVC SeaWorld
ccgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 08:13 AM   #4
paults
HOME IS WHERE BWV IS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccgirl View Post
My only concern (not sure if it's even a valid one) would be if they charge extra for having 4 adults in the room. I believe in the hotel rooms you can have 2 adults and any more was $25 - not sure if DVC is the same.
DVC rooms do not charge extra . They can add the 2 people and use the pool as long as they are under room cap.
Old 03-27-2013, 08:16 AM   #5
Marionnette
Wishing On A Star
I stop in the middle and make others step over me while pretending not to understand English

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccgirl View Post
The $25/night extra adult charge would apply if the reservation had been made through CRO, but this is a DVC reservation. There's no extra charge for that 3rd and 4th adult when you book with points.

Old 03-27-2013, 08:26 AM   #6
ccgirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marionnette View Post
The $25/night extra adult charge would apply if the reservation had been made through CRO, but this is a DVC reservation. There's no extra charge for that 3rd and 4th adult when you book with points.
There you go. Looks like you are well within your right to do this. Have a great trip!
Pre-Trip Report http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2503063
Oct 2011 - F&W AKL and BCV
May 2012 - HGVC SeaWorld
ccgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 09:39 AM   #7
n2mm
aka WALTSGIRL

Not a problem unless you have the dining plan. We've added others at the desk during our stay. We booked a studio after a cruise. My DD and SIL were leaving in the evening. So we added them to our room for the day, even though they would never be sleeping there. That way they could use the pool for the day -- they also used RAC to get their tickets and check their luggage.
Oct. 18-Nov 1 @ BWV

n2mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 07:44 PM   #8
Annielkd22222
Mouseketeer

You asked if it were frowned on.....are you asking if we think it's wrong. NO. I don't. You could have those people with you using the amenities...thats why you pay your dues and the fees. I think you should include them and have them enjoy the pool. In reality they could be with you and not have to pay. Have fun!
Annielkd22222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 10:04 PM   #9
amym2
DIS Veteran

We added my sister and BIL to our THV reservation last year even though they weren't staying overnight. It was just the 4 of us in the villa, so it only brought our capacity to 6. That way they could use the pool and get into the resort (there's only a key code no manned gate at THV). It wasn't an issue at all.
amym2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 07:20 AM   #10
Marionnette
Wishing On A Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annielkd22222 View Post
You asked if it were frowned on.....are you asking if we think it's wrong. NO. I don't. You could have those people with you using the amenities...thats why you pay your dues and the fees. I think you should include them and have them enjoy the pool. In reality they could be with you and not have to pay. Have fun!
I knew that I could do technically do it, but was concerned that it might be considered to be skirting the rules a bit. Sort of like the people who book phantom teenage children in their rooms during free dining in order to get the extra dining credits. It's possible to do it but not morally correct.

I admit it. I'm a total rule-follower!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amym2 View Post
We added my sister and BIL to our THV reservation last year even though they weren't staying overnight. It was just the 4 of us in the villa, so it only brought our capacity to 6. That way they could use the pool and get into the resort (there's only a key code no manned gate at THV). It wasn't an issue at all.
Thank you for letting me know about your personal experience with the matter. It always helps to ease my mind to know that I'm not overstepping boundaries.

Old 03-29-2013, 07:46 AM   #11
gonzalj1
DIS Veteran

No issue at all. Add them and enjoy the pool!
Old 03-29-2013, 05:06 PM   #12
Annielkd22222
Mouseketeer

[QUOTE=Marionnette;47944546]I knew that I could do technically do it, but was concerned that it might be considered to be skirting the rules a bit. Sort of like the people who book phantom teenage children in their rooms during free dining in order to get the extra dining credits. It's possible to do it but not morally correct.

I would NEVER have thought of doing that! That's not the same thing, you are having someone use the facilities, which doesn't cost anything, and you have paid for.....phantom children gives you additional food, which I think is similar to stealing. I think it's like people who bring refillable mugs from home instead of buying one. I really don't get it.

Last edited by Annielkd22222; 03-29-2013 at 05:07 PM. Reason: Spacing
Annielkd22222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 05:21 PM   #13
spiceycat
Own at BWV, VWL and BLT
It happens every night on the Bay Lake side

since you have to include the tickets w/free dinning - don't even think that is a big problem - tickets are expensive.

go have a good time!!!

spiceycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 06:48 PM   #14
sarahk0204
DIS Veteran

Yes, indeed! Have a great time!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: