DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-27-2013, 07:43 AM   #1
Marionnette
Wishing On A Star
I stop in the middle and make others step over me while pretending not to understand English
 
Marionnette's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Pleasure Island
Posts: 6,431

Would this be frowned upon?

My husband and I will be spending 3 nights in a BCV studio before joining my sister and BIL in a BWV 2-bedroom for a week. My sister and her husband will be arriving very early on the morning that I'm checking out of BCV.

I was thinking that if I added them to my BCV reservation, we would all be able to enjoy SAB for the day. They would never actually be staying in the room and we would not be exceeding the room capacity. The only reason for adding them would be so that they can get into SAB.

What are your thoughts on this?
__________________
Opinions, suggestions and comments are based on my own experience and should not be regarded as the absolute and only possible outcome of any situation.
Your mileage may (and probably will) vary.





Marionnette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 07:57 AM   #2
disneynutz


Earning My Ears One At A Time
 
disneynutz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: North Texas
Posts: 16,855

Per Disney policies, you are within your right to move forward with your plan.

Bill
__________________

disneynutz is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 03-27-2013, 08:02 AM   #3
ccgirl
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Cape Cod, MA
Posts: 7,419

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marionnette View Post
My husband and I will be spending 3 nights in a BCV studio before joining my sister and BIL in a BWV 2-bedroom for a week. My sister and her husband will be arriving very early on the morning that I'm checking out of BCV.

I was thinking that if I added them to my BCV reservation, we would all be able to enjoy SAB for the day. They would never actually be staying in the room and we would not be exceeding the room capacity. The only reason for adding them would be so that they can get into SAB.

What are your thoughts on this?
My only concern (not sure if it's even a valid one) would be if they charge extra for having 4 adults in the room. I believe in the hotel rooms you can have 2 adults and any more was $25 - not sure if DVC is the same.
__________________
MEDH37DD7DS2
May 1 - May 8 2010 BWV Trip Report http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2466128
Dec 2 - Dec 12 2010 ASMo and Marriott Harbour Lake
Pre-Trip Report http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2503063
Oct 2011 - F&W AKL and BCV
May 2012 - HGVC SeaWorld
ccgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 08:13 AM   #4
paults
HOME IS WHERE BWV IS
 
paults's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: delaware
Posts: 3,334

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccgirl View Post
My only concern (not sure if it's even a valid one) would be if they charge extra for having 4 adults in the room. I believe in the hotel rooms you can have 2 adults and any more was $25 - not sure if DVC is the same.
DVC rooms do not charge extra . They can add the 2 people and use the pool as long as they are under room cap.
__________________
AAH HOME
paults is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 08:16 AM   #5
Marionnette
Wishing On A Star
I stop in the middle and make others step over me while pretending not to understand English
 
Marionnette's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Pleasure Island
Posts: 6,431

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccgirl View Post
My only concern (not sure if it's even a valid one) would be if they charge extra for having 4 adults in the room. I believe in the hotel rooms you can have 2 adults and any more was $25 - not sure if DVC is the same.
The $25/night extra adult charge would apply if the reservation had been made through CRO, but this is a DVC reservation. There's no extra charge for that 3rd and 4th adult when you book with points.
__________________
Opinions, suggestions and comments are based on my own experience and should not be regarded as the absolute and only possible outcome of any situation.
Your mileage may (and probably will) vary.





Marionnette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 08:26 AM   #6
ccgirl
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Cape Cod, MA
Posts: 7,419

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marionnette View Post
The $25/night extra adult charge would apply if the reservation had been made through CRO, but this is a DVC reservation. There's no extra charge for that 3rd and 4th adult when you book with points.
There you go. Looks like you are well within your right to do this. Have a great trip!
__________________
MEDH37DD7DS2
May 1 - May 8 2010 BWV Trip Report http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2466128
Dec 2 - Dec 12 2010 ASMo and Marriott Harbour Lake
Pre-Trip Report http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2503063
Oct 2011 - F&W AKL and BCV
May 2012 - HGVC SeaWorld
ccgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 09:39 AM   #7
n2mm
aka WALTSGIRL
 
n2mm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: West Virgina
Posts: 17,652

Not a problem unless you have the dining plan. We've added others at the desk during our stay. We booked a studio after a cruise. My DD and SIL were leaving in the evening. So we added them to our room for the day, even though they would never be sleeping there. That way they could use the pool for the day -- they also used RAC to get their tickets and check their luggage.
__________________
2014 TRIPS
January 22-Feb 2 @ BWV
April 30 @ OKW, May 1-4 @ Disney Cruise, May 4-18 @ BCV,
Oct. 18-Nov 1 @ BWV

n2mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 07:44 PM   #8
Annielkd22222
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 270

You asked if it were frowned on.....are you asking if we think it's wrong. NO. I don't. You could have those people with you using the amenities...thats why you pay your dues and the fees. I think you should include them and have them enjoy the pool. In reality they could be with you and not have to pay. Have fun!
Annielkd22222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 10:04 PM   #9
amym2
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 1,892

We added my sister and BIL to our THV reservation last year even though they weren't staying overnight. It was just the 4 of us in the villa, so it only brought our capacity to 6. That way they could use the pool and get into the resort (there's only a key code no manned gate at THV). It wasn't an issue at all.
amym2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 07:20 AM   #10
Marionnette
Wishing On A Star
I stop in the middle and make others step over me while pretending not to understand English
 
Marionnette's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Pleasure Island
Posts: 6,431

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annielkd22222 View Post
You asked if it were frowned on.....are you asking if we think it's wrong. NO. I don't. You could have those people with you using the amenities...thats why you pay your dues and the fees. I think you should include them and have them enjoy the pool. In reality they could be with you and not have to pay. Have fun!
I knew that I could do technically do it, but was concerned that it might be considered to be skirting the rules a bit. Sort of like the people who book phantom teenage children in their rooms during free dining in order to get the extra dining credits. It's possible to do it but not morally correct.

I admit it. I'm a total rule-follower!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amym2 View Post
We added my sister and BIL to our THV reservation last year even though they weren't staying overnight. It was just the 4 of us in the villa, so it only brought our capacity to 6. That way they could use the pool and get into the resort (there's only a key code no manned gate at THV). It wasn't an issue at all.
Thank you for letting me know about your personal experience with the matter. It always helps to ease my mind to know that I'm not overstepping boundaries.
__________________
Opinions, suggestions and comments are based on my own experience and should not be regarded as the absolute and only possible outcome of any situation.
Your mileage may (and probably will) vary.





Marionnette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 07:46 AM   #11
gonzalj1
DIS Veteran
 
gonzalj1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Haskell, NJ, USA
Posts: 626

No issue at all. Add them and enjoy the pool!
__________________
gonzalj1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 05:06 PM   #12
Annielkd22222
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 270

[QUOTE=Marionnette;47944546]I knew that I could do technically do it, but was concerned that it might be considered to be skirting the rules a bit. Sort of like the people who book phantom teenage children in their rooms during free dining in order to get the extra dining credits. It's possible to do it but not morally correct.




I would NEVER have thought of doing that! That's not the same thing, you are having someone use the facilities, which doesn't cost anything, and you have paid for.....phantom children gives you additional food, which I think is similar to stealing. I think it's like people who bring refillable mugs from home instead of buying one. I really don't get it.

Last edited by Annielkd22222; 03-29-2013 at 05:07 PM. Reason: Spacing
Annielkd22222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 05:21 PM   #13
spiceycat
Own at BWV, VWL and BLT
It happens every night on the Bay Lake side
 
spiceycat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: birmingham, Al
Posts: 36,906

since you have to include the tickets w/free dinning - don't even think that is a big problem - tickets are expensive.

go have a good time!!!
__________________
Pat J

spiceycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 06:48 PM   #14
sarahk0204
DIS Veteran
 
sarahk0204's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Illinois
Posts: 715

Yes, indeed! Have a great time!
__________________
Me DH DD (10) DS (10) Georgia Smokey
sarahk0204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

DVC-Resales.com | 1-800-550-6493 (Contact The Timeshare Store) | DVC Resale Listings

facebooktwittergoogle plus youtube itunesDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:09 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.