Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Plan
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-01-2013, 02:56 PM   #1
aprescher
Mouseketeer

DDP question

Can you use table service credits at quick service restaurants? We were reviewing menus yesterday to make a game plan on where to eat and the majority of table service restaurants don't seem right for our family; especially in Epcot! Would it be possible to just grab a counter burger and use a table credit? We aren't really concerned about "value".

Thanks!!
aprescher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 02:57 PM   #2
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by aprescher View Post
Can you use table service credits at quick service restaurants? We were reviewing menus yesterday to make a game plan on where to eat and the majority of table service restaurants don't seem right for our family; especially in Epcot! Would it be possible to just grab a counter burger and use a table credit? We aren't really concerned about "value".

Thanks!!
Yep
smitch425 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-01-2013, 02:59 PM   #3
CDolacki2003
DIS Veteran

Yes you can. When we go on the Deluxe plan our credits are for either table or counter. They will remove your quick service credits when you order at a quick service first before they start using your table credits.
Oct 2014- 1 day in EPCOT
Dec 2016- planning CSR (if all goes well)
CDolacki2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 03:00 PM   #4
sweetcreams
Mouseketeer

There's really no point to using the DDP if you won't be eating TS. You will just be paying double or triple what you should be for food.
Old 04-01-2013, 03:19 PM   #5
aprescher
Mouseketeer

Thanks so much everyone!! We purchased this plan before we actually researched the menus. There are a few table service we plan on eating at such as crystal palace and 50s prime time but most others we either won't enjoy or can't get reservations at! Next time we probably won't buy the DDP but this is our first trip so we are learning
Old 04-01-2013, 04:10 PM   #6
LisaBi
DIS Veteran

When are you going? If more than 45 days you should,be able to remove the DDP from your package without penalty.
LisaBi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 04:54 PM   #7
davedmaine
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by aprescher View Post

Thanks!!
If you're doing it for convenience, think about putting your dining plan money onto a Disney gift card instead and then use that for meals. You're still pre-paying and you're going to save a ton of money..
davedmaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 06:17 PM   #8
aprescher
Mouseketeer

We are at 48 days away now. Y'all have given me something to think about and quick! I could just drop it, put on gift card (from target and save 5%) and probably come out ahead! I am going to go home and do math thanks so much!!
Old 04-01-2013, 07:10 PM   #9
Keith
DIS Veteran

I thought that on the regular dining plan, you weren't able to swap TS for QS? Also, did you think about going to a TS at Boardwalk area restaurant?
Old 04-01-2013, 07:14 PM   #10
The Rovang Gang
Mouseketeer

It would seem logical then that you could use a QS credit and just get a snack. You wouldn't believe the amount of time we wasted trying to get to the bottom of this question. I had to talk to several store managers, Town Hall, and checkout cashiers who refused to believe what the aforementioned told me to tell them. It was a mess.

We're going to be left with extra QS credits again, and I wish there was a way to just magically change them into snack credits at our resort.
Lexi (9)- Belle
Savannah (7)- Jesse
Madeline (5)- Tinkerbell
The Rovang Gang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 07:41 PM   #11
Gracefulskinny
DIS Veteran

If you aren't going to use the TS credits but you really want the DDP downgrade to the QS plan. You'll end up paying Oop for the TS you do go to but it sounds like you aren't going to that many anyways.

But in my honest opinion using TS Credits for A QS meal is an aweful waste of money that would be better spent on other things. Buying something you know you aren't going to use is like donating money to Walt Disney Company. They are taking enough as it is. Spend it on something you and the family can enjoy. (If you get real stuck on ideas there is always the spa! After all, if Mama ain't Happy, NO BODY is happy!)
Gracefulskinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 08:26 PM   #12
sunflare
Mouseketeer

If you really want to do the meal plan, you can also look into the Quick Service plan...it's cheaper than the one with Table Service credits, and might meet your needs better.
sunflare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 09:15 PM   #13
purple figment
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rovang Gang View Post
It would seem logical then that you could use a QS credit and just get a snack. You wouldn't believe the amount of time we wasted trying to get to the bottom of this question. I had to talk to several store managers, Town Hall, and checkout cashiers who refused to believe what the aforementioned told me to tell them. It was a mess.

We're going to be left with extra QS credits again, and I wish there was a way to just magically change them into snack credits at our resort.
It used to be possible to use QS credits for snacks at some of the resort food courts, although it seemed like it was at the discretion of the CMs. It was rarely allowed in the parks.

In the FAQs for the 2013 dining plan pdfs, however, the next to the last question specifically states that QS or TS credits cannot be used for snacks.
Old 04-01-2013, 11:14 PM   #14
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
I thought that on the regular dining plan, you weren't able to swap TS for QS?
As of Jan. 1, 2012, you may use a TS credit for a CS meal anywhere on property.
smitch425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 11:17 AM   #15
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDolacki2003 View Post
Yes you can. When we go on the Deluxe plan our credits are for either table or counter. They will remove your quick service credits when you order at a quick service first before they start using your table credits.
There are no TS or QS credits on the deluxe plan. All deluxe credits can be used for TS or QS interchangeably.

On the regular plan it appears to be allowed at most if not all restaurants, but it's a one for one trade - no extras.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: