Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-28-2013, 03:44 PM   #2986
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV

I saw pictures of an alligator over in the lake near the Paddock at SSR. I've seen a gator in some of the different water areas riding around the bus at WDW.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2014 DDC Disney World Series Champion
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion
Old 03-28-2013, 04:07 PM   #2987
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasperann View Post
How exciting!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AirGoofy View Post
I saw pictures of an alligator over in the lake near the Paddock at SSR. I've seen a gator in some of the different water areas riding around the bus at WDW.
The big turtle we saw crossing the BW was unexpected, but this guy really surprised us:

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-28-2013, 04:14 PM   #2988
TaraPA
I will think of that animatronic as him
I also wouldn't mind if they made it racier!The germs would just skeeve me out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
The big turtle we saw crossing the BW was unexpected, but this guy really surprised us:

AKL/BWI CL split stay 8/14 Dane's birthday**Poly Girls Trip 5/14**Poly/AKV Girls Trip 3/14**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 12/13 **BWI CL/CSR BC Dane's surprise 13th birthday 8/13**BWV Girls Trip 4/13**WL CL/AKV Jambo family trip 3/13**CSR surprising family trip 12/12**POR Girls Trip 10/12 ** BC CL/Dolphin Family Trip 3/12** BCV/Poly Girls Trip 3/12**AKV Kidani 11/11 Girls Trip! **Dolphin 3/11 family trip ** Swan - 3/11 GIRLS TRIP!**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 10/10!**Dolphin 2/10- ESPN Weekend/family trip**BLT 11/09 Girls Trip** Dolphin 12/08 Girls Trip**Solo trip/offsite 05/08** Dolphin 12/07 mom & Dane trip**AKL 12/06 family trip**AS Music 11/02 mom & Ty trip**Disneyland - Anaheim Hilton 5/02 adults only!** AS Sports 9/01 family trip**Swan 10/00 family trip**CSR 10/99 family trip**offsite 1989,1987, 1970's
Old 03-28-2013, 04:30 PM   #2989
gometros
WDWWDS Chief Weapons Inspector and Cruise Captain
Solemnly swears always to leave the tagging to the experts!! :p

Quote:
We encountered a very large turtle crossing over from the grassy area next to the Crescent Lake canal that's after ESPN. I was surprised to see it s l o w l y making its way over toward Crescent Lake.
You didn't happen to see a hare pass it by, did you?

Old 03-31-2013, 09:15 AM   #2990
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

HAPPY EASTER!

Old 03-31-2013, 11:39 AM   #2991
TX Momof2
Mouseketeer

Pic at Disney?

Is this picture from Disney?

Quote:

Old 04-01-2013, 08:54 AM   #2992
CT Disney
Mouseketeer

Hi Everyone!

We are considering a stay at BWI in one of the garden suites. It would be me, my dh, dd (13) and ds (10). A few questions:

1. I know that the garden suites are not that convenient to the club level lounge. But, the extra space in the garden suites sounds so nice! Does the extra space make up for the hike to the lounge? (The deluxe cl rooms are not available for our dates)

2. How comfy is the pull-out for sleeping? Would our son and daughter be ok? They're not too jazzed about sharing a bed, so just want to make sure they won't be uncomfortable.

3. I know the garden suites come with either a loft set-up, or a more private upstairs bedroom with a balcony. Any opinions on which set-up is better? Do the rooms with a balcony still have a cute little garden and fence at the entrance?

4. And, one question from my dh...what kind of beer do they serve in the lounge?

Thanks everyone!!

Old 04-01-2013, 05:22 PM   #2993
PolyAddict
Our City Our Home...Finish Strong

3 weeks from today!!!!

Checking in BWI CL for 4 nights and 5 days!
Old 04-01-2013, 07:18 PM   #2994
psac
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CT Disney View Post
Hi Everyone!

We are considering a stay at BWI in one of the garden suites. It would be me, my dh, dd (13) and ds (10). A few questions:

1. I know that the garden suites are not that convenient to the club level lounge. But, the extra space in the garden suites sounds so nice! Does the extra space make up for the hike to the lounge? (The deluxe cl rooms are not available for our dates)

2. How comfy is the pull-out for sleeping? Would our son and daughter be ok? They're not too jazzed about sharing a bed, so just want to make sure they won't be uncomfortable.

3. I know the garden suites come with either a loft set-up, or a more private upstairs bedroom with a balcony. Any opinions on which set-up is better? Do the rooms with a balcony still have a cute little garden and fence at the entrance?

4. And, one question from my dh...what kind of beer do they serve in the lounge?

Thanks everyone!!
I'm not at all useful with these questions, but in general those cottages look awesome from the outside. It's like you have your own private house at Disney World. How can you beat that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolyAddict View Post
3 weeks from today!!!!

Enjoy!! We really liked the BWI club, everyone was very friendly. We'll be trying out the AKL club for the first time that same week.
Past AKL-K Apr'14, BWV Nov'13, VWL/DCL Fantasy Sep'13, Poly CL Jul'13, AKL CL Apr'13, BWV Nov'12, BC CL Jun'12, BLT Apr'12, BWV Nov'11, CR Jul'11, BWI CL Nov'10, GF CL Apr'10, GF Apr'09, Omni Champ. Apr'07, POR Oct '03
Old 04-01-2013, 07:39 PM   #2995
WDWOswald
Mouseketeer

For a boardwalk inn water view reservation- what is the closet possible room to the lobby? I think the views are much nicer toward the middle of the resort vs. all the way on the end past ESPN club.

What do you guys think the best water view location is at boardwalk inn?
Old 04-02-2013, 07:21 AM   #2996
PolyAddict
Our City Our Home...Finish Strong

Quote:
Originally Posted by psac View Post

I'm not at all useful with these questions, but in general those cottages look awesome from the outside. It's like you have your own private house at Disney World. How can you beat that?

Enjoy!! We really liked the BWI club, everyone was very friendly. We'll be trying out the AKL club for the first time that same week.
Thanks! Hope you like AKL CL!
Old 04-02-2013, 07:45 AM   #2997
Ziggy
Playing guitar with the spiders from mars

Are the club rooms on the third floor directly under the ones on the fourth floor? Is it the same number of rooms or less?
Old 04-02-2013, 07:50 AM   #2998
Jasperann
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolyAddict View Post
3 weeks from today!!!!

We arrive a week after that!! I'm so excited. We are also staying CL for the first time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
Are the club rooms on the third floor directly under the ones on the fourth floor? Is it the same number of rooms or less?
I have never stayed CL but I have been doing tons of research. It seems that the CL rooms that are on the third floor are only the 3 deluxe cl rooms, they have bigger balcony's and they seem to be directly below the other deluxe cl rooms on the 4th floor. I did read that if the CL was booked up that they do have a few 'extra' regular rooms on the 4th floor that are out side the CL door.

FW March 2010 ~ ASMu May 2011 ~ BWI Deluxe CL May 2013 ~ ASMu March 2014 ~ AKL Villas October 2014
Old 04-02-2013, 07:54 AM   #2999
Ziggy
Playing guitar with the spiders from mars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasperann View Post

I have never stayed CL but I have been doing tons of research. It seems that the CL rooms that are on the third floor are only the 3 deluxe cl rooms, they have bigger balcony's and they seem to be directly below the other deluxe cl rooms on the 4th floor. I did read that if the CL was booked up that they do have a few 'extra' regular rooms on the 4th floor that are out side the CL door.
Thank you so much for your quick reply . I've actually booked a SV but don't want to be down by ESPN and would rather have a high floor overlooking the garden towards the Eiffel Tower, I was just working out my odds of getting what I want.
Old 04-02-2013, 09:58 AM   #3000
Chrissyb8885
Mouseketeer

We are staying at BWI for the first time!!! I keep hearing that i should request a room on a higher floor...however we are traveling with our two year old. Would it be worth it to get a first floor room so she has more room to play outside?? Also if we are unlucky and get a parking lot view,i definitely would not want her to be running around near that! Any advice would be appreciated! View? Or room to run??

Ps- if you are on the first floor is it more convenient to get around to the pools etc??

Thanks!
Chrissy
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: