Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK Trip Planning Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-01-2013, 04:48 PM   #13
2Tiggies
I am subscribing to this thread just so I can see your shirt
I like those water proof containers that hang around my neck on a lanyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Leia View Post
If the OP has booked flight inclusive, then this is the reason they are struggling to upgrade. The whole booking has to match the ages of the children, which needs to match their passports for the flights. By upgrading, they have to list the child's age as 10+ on your reservation. If for flight purposes the child is 8 for example, there is nothing you can do about it. I know because this happened when DD was 7 or 8.

I can understand what you are saying and I too thought that would be a reason why they might have said no. The thing is they haven't said I can't change his dining to adult just that I would have to pay them a lot of extra money to do so.
You know the part where I said it had happened to me? I did this about four years ago. There was a hefty charge for it! A few months before we left I wasn't really happy about things not tying up. It didn't make sense. So I called Disney in the US and was told that she was listed as a child on the CRO and would be getting a child's plan. The short story is that Disney UK had upgraded her, charged me, but it was not upgraded on the booking. When I spoke to someone who knew something about it, one of the managers eventually, it was explained that it should not have been allowed because despite having paid, it is all linked to the system by the child's age, which is what determines the park ticket and DDP they are allocated. So your TA should be telling you that they can't, not that they will charge you extra. The only way they could have done mine was to cancel and re-book flights separately. Needless to say it was the last time I ever did a flight inclusive booking but just giving you a heads up that I fought with them for months on this and eventually was paid out compensation on top of my refund when I started quoting and copying them their own emails and terms and conditions. The outcome for me was fine financially, but it cost months of hassle and DD STILL ended up going on the kids DDP. That too was fine. The kids choices are a lot better and even at 10 she could not manage a full adult meal

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: