Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-26-2013, 09:20 AM   #46
DRDISNEYMD
*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+* *+*~The Snow Queen~*+* ~A girl should be two things: *+*~Classy & Fabulous~*+* +*+*~Coco Chanel~*+*+*+ *+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tekneek View Post
I don't think Disney cares too much about what would "fit" at Epcot. They've been trying to undo the original mission/purpose of the park for years. They aren't able, or at least aren't willing, to try to maintain any of that. To them, Future World is just a generic theme park area, while World Showcase is a place they have eating and drinking festivities. No part of that place is really trying to be what it was once promised to be and Disney doesn't mind.
~Yes! Very well said, Tekneek! I totally agree & I wouldn't mind if Disney abandoned the whole "Future World' theme in Epcot altogether.

~Disney if you are reading, please bring OZ to Epcot. I will suggest this every single time. I loved the Land of Oz garden, so don't stop there, keep going!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by skier_pete View Post
Not to be the one that drags this all down...but the original rumor is barely even a rumor. It mentions a "mystery project" for Epcot in 2015. Beyond that, every other comment in the story is speculation by the author's part.

Not only could that be ANYTHING at all, in could be practically NOTHING. It could be a new exhibit in innovations. It could be a overhaul of Electric Umbrella.

The one thing I think we can be pretty certain is in not a NEW pavillion or country in world showcase. These things take much longer than 2 years, so anything in that regard would not be coming in 2015.

skierPete

P.S. I am all for Epcot getting some love. I didn't understand the overall for Test Track, when there is so much in that park that desparately needs attention. I'm just saying let's not get too excited over this comment.
~Thanks for being the voice of reason & for putting things into perspective. It's just fun to dream a little, even if it's "impossible."

DRDISNEYMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 01:33 PM   #47
diamondpixienc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella the Ball 360 View Post

OMG don't tell me that Gypsy Sisters was passed over! I just will not visit if that is the case.
Stop! Stop! Lol! Lol! ROTFL! Maybe Momma June will have a Sketti n' Butter booth at the F&W fest that year...lol!

diamondpixienc is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-27-2013, 02:49 PM   #48
BlackMagicWoman
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjkraz View Post
Agree. Not to pick on Universal but they are much more aggressive in that area...and it's very hit-or-miss.

Does anyone really care about properties like Jurassic Park, The Mummy, Shrek or ET anymore? They are fine films in their own way, but JP, Mummy and Shrek are franchises that were run into the ground while ET has lain fallow for 30 years now.
This is an excellent point. My brother and I were just discussing this today actually. The ET ride at Universal is so dated that it is laughable and T2 is just as comical now. The Mummy and Jurassic Park are good rides so we can ignore how old it is now.

We were discussing the virtues of AvatarLand vs. StarWars Land. Starwars land makes sense. It has a huge following and at this point the fandom has endured for decades. Things like Toy Story and Cars are good investments because people keep watching children's movies. My dd still watches movies that I saw as a child so Alice in Wonderland, the Lion King etc, are still relevant. I see no reason to invest tons of money in something like Ozland. Even right now, I look at Harry Potter in Universal and everyone is gushing about it but in 15 years will visitors still find it to be relevant or will they look at like I did when I rode ET recently?

I don't know what's going on with Epcot. It's like they've forgotten to make the Future enjoyable.
Old 03-27-2013, 07:08 PM   #49
akadada
Doin' It All for My Baby.

Disney needs to get back to building experiences rather than just rides. Building rides worthy of making a movie out of, not a movie that then becomes a ride.

I think then we could get excited about long term legacy of rides. Until then, I'm in LockedOutLogic's camp on this one.
akadada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 09:00 PM   #50
lockedoutlogic
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneykidsdad View Post
I ust threw up in my mouth a little.
Just had some scrapple, huh?
Bought there....(SSR 2006)

Last Trip: Too Long Ago
Next Trip: Can i borrow some money to go?
Gift Shop Quality: When did we get to WalMart?
Food Quality: Only the finest free range roast chicken breast and loch dart salmon in the Kingdom

"May the Space Being bless the Free Market"
lockedoutlogic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 09:36 PM   #51
Tekneek
Mouseketeer

It wasn't a compliment to Disney when I talked about their abdication of the mission/purpose behind Epcot. It was more like an indictment of Disney leadership/WDI.
Tekneek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 12:14 AM   #52
floridajen
Annual Passholder

I'm waiting for a complete redo of Journey to Imagination!

floridajen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 07:53 AM   #53
lockedoutlogic
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridajen View Post
I'm waiting for a complete redo of Journey to Imagination!
You and every other Disney fan
Bought there....(SSR 2006)

Last Trip: Too Long Ago
Next Trip: Can i borrow some money to go?
Gift Shop Quality: When did we get to WalMart?
Food Quality: Only the finest free range roast chicken breast and loch dart salmon in the Kingdom

"May the Space Being bless the Free Market"
lockedoutlogic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 07:54 AM   #54
CentralFloridian99
The guy who will ask all the celebrities if they will be involved in Episode VII

I'm guessing this will be EO.

The force will be with you, always.
CentralFloridian99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 02:38 PM   #55
snowglobe
Earning My Ears

Epcot

they should add an overlay to Spaceship Earth to make it look like the Death Star during Star Wars weekends
snowglobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 03:06 PM   #56
Pirate princess 2
Mouseketeer

I hope whatever is new will be more than just a new restaurant in Morroco. Not that I don't like this idea, I'm just hoping for something a little more exciting.
Pirate princess 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 03:34 PM   #57
CtinaDitty
Disney Fanatic

While I was on my lunch break I read a news story regarding a new waterfront restaurant at the Morocco Pavilion. Could this be the answer the the rumor mill?
CtinaDitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 03:35 PM   #58
CtinaDitty
Disney Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirate princess 2 View Post
I hope whatever is new will be more than just a new restaurant in Morroco. Not that I don't like this idea, I'm just hoping for something a little more exciting.
Woops didn't see your post before I posted!
CtinaDitty is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: