Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-27-2013, 02:06 PM   #1
sandynd
Rookie Desperado

Budget places to stay at Clearwater beach?

I've never really considered visiting the Clearwater area before, but my DD has told me that after this next Disney visit, she would like to do a beach vacation. She was thinking Hawaii or Jamaica ($$$$$ ) but what she really wants is the white sand beach and Carribean blue waters. We're thinking about taking one day to go to the beach during our next vacation, and I think Clearwater is our destination. If we like it enough (and so far I haven't seen anything to not like!) I could probably persuade her to do a beach vacation in FL instead of the islands. But, as always, the budget is a big factor even if we save the travel costs to the islands (we can drive to FL - in fact, we're driving this next time!) So, are there places you would recommend we stay that are close to the beach, at a reasonable price? I've seen that October and November are still pretty nice weather (especially for us Canadians!) so that's likely when we would go.
December 1990 - One day in MGM Studios
sandynd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 05:56 PM   #2
Ametista
DIS Veteran

We stayed here for a few days last August

http://www.vacationrentals.com/vacat...promoType=none

It was nothing fancy but a cute little 1 bedroom. Just walk out the door and the sand starts about 20 yards away, no streets to cross, plus there was an awesome pizza place across the street. We got cheap slices there every night (on vacation= no cooking!). There is a kitchen though. Also it was about a 15 minute walk down the beach to the Clearwater pier and all the fun. What I liked best was the apartment is just far enough away from the pier that it wasn't crowded at all which was perfect for us.

The only thing that might not work for you is that the bathroom is attached to the bedroom, so your daughter would have to walk through the bedroom to use the facilities.
Register to remove

Old 03-27-2013, 08:22 PM   #3
4kids4karen
DIS Veteran

Technically not Clearwater, but St. Pete is Tradewinds Resorts. Families love it. Two properties down is where we stay, called the Postcard Inn. Postcard Inn is an older travel lodge, but we get a great military discount and enjoy the same beach, jet ski's, etc as Tradewinds. All of the hotels on that strip have beach bars that are nice to hang out at. Even underage kids can hang out at the picnic tables on the beach and dance since the bar is outside.
An upscale hotel is down the road called "Don Cesar" and is featured on the travel channel.
4kids4karen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 10:45 AM   #4
summerrluvv
Work Hard. Have Fun.
Haven't candled my ears in a while!

We stayed at the Quality Hotel on the Beach. I'm not sure what your budget is, but we paid roughly $140 a night last August. Loved it! Right across from Sand Key, and on the water with a small private beach. We had a partial gulf view room and it was great. I found it to be very family friendly. Captain Bligh's mini golf was right across the street, and there is an Ihop connected to it. The rooms have a small fridge and microwave.
summerrluvv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 02:12 PM   #5
cbmamainnf
Earning My Ears

We are staying at the HoJo in Oct....$90/night ish. Apparently clean but dated....BUT right on the beach.......we are staying for 2 nighta before heading to Orlando.
cbmamainnf is offline   Reply With Quote