DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-01-2013, 10:42 AM   #1
kkolbusz1
Mouseketeer

need to sign an addendum...

who is asking for that-the broker or disney? and I'm assuming this doesn't necessarily mean we'll pass, but is Disney requesting this addendum or is the agency requesting this for the banked points?
kkolbusz1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 10:54 AM   #2
MoreTravels
Mouseketeer

What addendum? The banked points can already be documented in the purchase agreement? Was there more change after the initial contract was signed? It seems unusual to ask for it now. What if you or the seller refuses to sign? Does that mean the deal breaks apart? Then it's an opportunity to escape from this transaction if there is a buyer / seller remorse. No?
MoreTravels is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-01-2013, 11:11 AM   #3
kkolbusz1
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoreTravels View Post
What addendum? The banked points can already be documented in the purchase agreement? Was there more change after the initial contract was signed? It seems unusual to ask for it now. What if you or the seller refuses to sign? Does that mean the deal breaks apart? Then it's an opportunity to escape from this transaction if there is a buyer / seller remorse. No?
the purchase was contingent upon the seller banking the 2012 points. the seller agreed that. the addendum came over today saying the next anniversary will have 286 pts, will exp 2014. I just wonder why one is coming over if it was done before hand and who is requesting it.
Old 04-01-2013, 11:22 AM   #4
Lynne M

DISboards Moderator

I don't think there's any way for us to know who's requesting it - that's something that the broker/agent would be able to tell you. It sounds like it's specific to your situation.
Lynne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 11:24 AM   #5
Fan of Figment
Couldn't imagine life without WDW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkolbusz1 View Post
the purchase was contingent upon the seller banking the 2012 points. the seller agreed that. the addendum came over today saying the next anniversary will have 286 pts, will exp 2014. I just wonder why one is coming over if it was done before hand and who is requesting it.
Did you sign the contract before they banked the points? We had to sign an addendum, but that was because something changed after we signed the original contract. The agent probably just needs to document the change. And you're right, it doesn't have anything to do with passing ROFR. Good luck though!
Old 04-01-2013, 11:40 AM   #6
kkolbusz1
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fan of Figment View Post
Did you sign the contract before they banked the points? We had to sign an addendum, but that was because something changed after we signed the original contract. The agent probably just needs to document the change. And you're right, it doesn't have anything to do with passing ROFR. Good luck though!
It was our understanding that they were banking the points, whether they were done before or after idk. but that was the deal, that it would be done. it had to be done before april 30th otherwise we'd lose them.
Old 04-01-2013, 12:51 PM   #7
kkolbusz1
Mouseketeer

But my question is though, is Disney requesting the addendum?
Old 04-01-2013, 12:53 PM   #8
erionm
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Ask your broker.
Old 04-01-2013, 12:56 PM   #9
MickeyFan612
Mouseketeer

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Quote:
who is asking for that-the broker or disney? and I'm assuming this doesn't necessarily mean we'll pass, but is Disney requesting this addendum or is the agency requesting this for the banked points?
I signed an addendum last week stating 2012 points had been banked- within 4-5 days I was ROFR'd. I think they are independent of each other but at the time was hoping the addendum was a good sign I would pass!
MickeyFan612 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 12:56 PM   #10
kkolbusz1
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by erionm View Post
Ask your broker.
yeah, she's a little slow getting back to me today. and I still haven't gotten my contract for our records. someone was out on leave & who knows when they were coming back but that was on the 22nd. thats when I got the formal letter saying here's your contract for your records. Oops. not attached. Yeah...
Old 04-01-2013, 01:23 PM   #11
Sandisw

DISboards Moderator

If your contract didn't have the points listed as banked, then you'd need an addendum to show an accounting of what is actually in the contract you are buying. I had to sign one once. I believe it was then sent to Disney as an update but was told it didn't effect the ROFR timeline.

Sandisw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 01:39 PM   #12
kkolbusz1
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandisw View Post
If your contract didn't have the points listed as banked, then you'd need an addendum to show an accounting of what is actually in the contract you are buying. I had to sign one once. I believe it was then sent to Disney as an update but was told it didn't effect the ROFR timeline.
on the actual contract it said 136 points avail. next anniversary will have
150. So I take it they must've banked them after then?
Old 04-01-2013, 01:41 PM   #13
JimMIA
A little Miami humor...

Location: Miami, Wyndham Great Smoky Mountains, and EVER (Everglades National Park)

Quote:
I don't see how it makes any difference, but Michael's answer above is the only correct answer -- "Ask your broker." Anything else is guesswork and speculation.

The real question is whether or not the end result of the points is what you initially agreed to...or not.

If it's right, why would you not sign the addendum?

If it's wrong, why would you sign it?
JimMIA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 02:07 PM   #14
Sandisw

DISboards Moderator

Quote:

on the actual contract it said 136 points avail. next anniversary will have
150. So I take it they must've banked them after then?
It appears that way and thus most likely the reason for the addendum..to make sure all the paperwork jives with what you are buying.

Keep trying the broker so you have a confirmation from them.

Sandisw is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: