Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-01-2013, 09:24 AM   #1
Moonflicker
Earning My Ears

Le Cellier--Worth it?

The last (and first) time I ate at Le Cellier was before they made it a signature. It was (and still is) the best restaurant I've eaten at at WDW.

We are going back with my family this Christmas, and my husband and I were thinking about celebrating our anniversary there, and I thought about having our own nice dinner at Le Cellier, and then just paying for one of our other meals since that will use two of our meal credits.

My question is, is it worth using two meals? I remember the food being so wonderful, but that was back in 2009 so I don't know if it has changed at all. Should we find a different way to celebrate? I'm sure I could think of something, there are so many options at WDW.

What do you think? And do any of you have other ideas for celebrating (it will be our 2nd anniversary)? I would love to hear them! This will be my 6th trip, and my husband's 2nd (his first was our honeymoon c: ).
Old 04-01-2013, 10:05 AM   #2
NoSoup4U
I am Art Vandelay

Its not worth 2 credits. Not by a long shot. Steak is mediocre. There are far better places you can try: Citricos, Flying Fish, Monsieur Paul, Cali Grill or Yachtsman.
NoSoup4U is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-01-2013, 10:36 AM   #3
PrincessSamanthaC
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSoup4U View Post
Its not worth 2 credits. Not by a long shot. Steak is mediocre. There are far better places you can try: Citricos, Flying Fish, Monsieur Paul, Cali Grill or Yachtsman.
I 100% agree, its def not worth 2 credits...

Nov 05' ASM, Nov 07' PC, Oct 09' CS, Nov 10' AKL Oct 11' BC, Aug 12' BC Aug 13' BC, Aug 14' GF
PrincessSamanthaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 10:39 AM   #4
blueiis99
It's Disney Magic, you know!

I'm not sure if its worth it but I know that we loved that the best as well. Yachtsman was very disappointing. So I would not go there.

Me: Jeanne DH: Jay DD 27 Sydney DD 25 Jessica DD 14 Aliyah
blueiis99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 11:04 AM   #5
OrangeCountyCommuter
DIS Veteran

Where else have you eaten at WDW? Because this place has not been one of the best places in YEARS IMHO. It's been resting on the fact that the "hype" keeps it filled.

I gave it another chance after it went signature. One of the biggest ripoff meals ever. I won't be back!
OrangeCountyCommuter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 11:06 AM   #6
vdub322
Are we there yet?

We had dinner there in January on our anniversary and really enjoyed it. Our kids were welcome and all of our food and drinks were delicious. The service was great. Just a disclaimer though, we had never eaten there before and we were NOT on the DDP. We used our TiW card.

vdub322 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 11:10 AM   #7
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonflicker View Post
The last (and first) time I ate at Le Cellier was before they made it a signature. It was (and still is) the best restaurant I've eaten at at WDW.

We are going back with my family this Christmas, and my husband and I were thinking about celebrating our anniversary there, and I thought about having our own nice dinner at Le Cellier, and then just paying for one of our other meals since that will use two of our meal credits.

My question is, is it worth using two meals? I remember the food being so wonderful, but that was back in 2009 so I don't know if it has changed at all. Should we find a different way to celebrate? I'm sure I could think of something, there are so many options at WDW.

What do you think? And do any of you have other ideas for celebrating (it will be our 2nd anniversary)? I would love to hear them! This will be my 6th trip, and my husband's 2nd (his first was our honeymoon c: ).
I agree with some of the others that it isn't worth 2 credits (at least not to me). For a signature, we love Yachtsman Steakhouse and Artist Point. Plus, IMO, the atmosphere at Yachtsman and Artist Point is much more romantic for an anniversary dinner than Le Cellier.

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 11:42 AM   #8
akaler2010
Mouseketeer

My husband and I loved it and would totally use our dining plan on it again. We really loved the food so for us, it's worth it. We plan to go again on our next trip.
akaler2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 11:44 AM   #9
Kristibo42
DIS Veteran

We loved it too and would use our dining plan. I loved everything about it.

Next trip July 2016 POP and AOA about 70 people
Dec. 2013 Pop Century to celebrate 25 anniversary Adults only
All Star Sports family trip 25 people Feb 2011
Pop Century September. 2009
Pop Century Adults only 20 year anniversary Dec 2008
Pop Century Big family trip 42 people July 2007
Contemporary and All Star Music Dec. 2006
All Star Music June 2005
Port Orleans- Riverside and Disney Wonder Nov. 2002
6th grade trip To Magic Kingdom had my first kiss on Tom Sawyers Island June 1977
Kristibo42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 11:48 AM   #10
WDWFANCBIIIME
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueiis99 View Post
I'm not sure if its worth it but I know that we loved that the best as well. Yachtsman was very disappointing. So I would not go there.
I agree Yachtsman was very disappointing, I like Le Cellier I would not say it is the best signature restaurant but I think it's pretty darn good I would eat there

WDWFANCBIIIME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 11:49 AM   #11
TheRustyScupper
GKTW coordinator. Kiwanis and SCORE Volunteer. Make-A-Wish board. Average Banjo Picker. Pretty good sailing captain.

Our Ratings of Le Cellier "Signature": (rev 3/16/2013)
(As of 1/16/2013, Le Cellier has gone to an all-day 2-TS Credit menu.)
. . . food price value: D
. . . food quality: C
. . . food quantity per serving: C
. . . food prep speed: C
. . . food selection: C
. . . seating quantity: D
. . . seating comfort: C
. . . eatery atmosphere: C
. . . eatery convenience: B
. . . staff friendliness: B
. . . staff attentiveness: C
. . . character interaction: n/a

NOTE1: The food quality has not improved greatly nor has the interior
since becoming a "signature" restaurant, I expect top service, food and
surrundings. I don't want dark boding colors, and worn carpets. Dungeons
have more warmth. The cooks are not that good in preparing fine steaks;
they are still used to the medium quality steaks that are the staple of the
old menu. This is a true disappointment for a "signature" meal. They went
an increased the price without increasing the food or experience. The
reputation has always been overrated. I liken the effect as either "Drinking
the Koolaid" or "Lemmings to the Sea". Due to hard-to-get-ressies, people
always assumed it was better than it is/was.

NOTE2: Unknown to many is that the food taste is raised much like frozen
foods through the addition of sodium. This is true of many WDW eateries.
As a comparison, Le Cellier is about the same as an Outback for beef.
TheRustyScupper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 12:33 PM   #12
Moonflicker
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCountyCommuter View Post
Where else have you eaten at WDW? Because this place has not been one of the best places in YEARS IMHO. It's been resting on the fact that the "hype" keeps it filled.
Well, we have never eaten at a signature restaurant. I have eaten at Tony's, Coral Reef, Nine Dragons, Captain Jack's, Shutter's, Turf Club, 'Ohana, and a few others over the years. I do want to go to Artist Point some time, so maybe we will try that.

In my defense, I am not that hard to please, and I love pretty much anything in WDW because I just love everything there so much. heh When we ate there I thought our food was just fantastic, and I really do love the atmosphere there. I enjoy the darkness of it, and that it actually feels like a cellar. That's just my opinion.

I will check out the other signatures out there. We've got until June before we can make our reservations, so I'm sure we'll figure it out by then!

Thanks for all your input. Also, if anybody has suggestions I'm still up for them!
Old 04-02-2013, 12:50 PM   #13
BillyBuckner
Mouseketeer

We were unable to get LeCellier last time (didn't expect to have time to go then planned trip on 4 months notice). I know DW and DD were pretty disappointed. They absolutely love the pretzel bread and you can't get it anywhere else; therefore, I don't think I could convince them that something else is better

02/2008: 7 days @ CR; 11/2009: 12 days @ POP; 01/2012: 8 days @ CSR; 11/2012: 8 days @ CBR/CSR
BillyBuckner is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: