Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > disABILITIES!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-01-2013, 10:14 AM   #1
creedfan4lyflds
Earning My Ears

New WDW Service Dog webpage/Kennels at some attractions

Hi everyone! While standing in line for Mission:Space the other day, a family with a young child in a wheelchair and a service dog came in right ahead of us, and I overheard the two CMs speaking to each other after they moved into the line. I'm sure at some point or another this information has been shared before, but just in case, I felt it needed to be shared.

After the family moved along, the obviosly senior CM member told the obviously newer CM that they should only reveal that they have a kennel available for service dogs if the family asks if there is some way the party can ride together. Since this had been volunteered to the family, they of course took them up on it, and I was pleasantly suprised to see a CM sitting on a bench in the exit with the service dog. But if you didn't know, you might never ask, so, ask! I have no idea what other attractions might have this, but at least we know know about Mission:Space!

I've seen more service dogs at the parks in the last couple weeks than I ever have, especially the less "tradional" serivce dogs. With service dogs being trained for so much more than blindness now, I imagine that this number will get even higher and higher (yeay for opportunities for other breeds of dogs!!).
creedfan4lyflds is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: