Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-01-2013, 10:38 AM   #31
Eliza32
DIS Veteran

Can I ask how the kitties are doing?? (Nothing to do with this page, but we all lived through the pregnancy together, so feel I have an interest in their development!!!!)

And QOTD..How do I deal with my extra appetite from exercising???? I have a banana and a drink of cold water. Usually does me until the next mealtime, but then I don't do a lot of serious exercise!!
Eliza32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 10:41 AM   #32
araes2102
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 50sjayne View Post
QUOTD Monday April 1 :

How do you deal with extra appetite from exercising?

I looked around online because I've been having real trouble with this and couldn't find anything so I guess I'm asking you guys how you personally deal with it.
My best strategy at this point is simply ignoring it. Hard to do though and sometimes you just cave.
I usually find that exercising helps me feel not hungry But I do make sure to drink a high quality protein drink (160 cals, only 2g sugar, 2g fat and 30g protein) within 20 mins

araes2102 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-01-2013, 10:46 AM   #33
Flossbolna
Sea days are just so relaxing!
Once you are as old as I am, you will understand!

Quote:
QUOTD Monday April 1 :

I am using Spark People and in order to get my recommended calorie range, I also add how many calories I intend to burn with exercise this week. And if I set this number to a higher level, it adjusts in a way that I can eat more calories per day. And while I try to aim for the lower end of that range, I sometimes allow myself to go all the way to the upper end of the range when I am feeling that I haven't had enough to eat. But I try to use the calories on healthy food so that it will truly fill me up. The good thing is that by committing to a certain amount of calories to be burned during the course of the week, this makes me more likely to actually do the exercise.
Disneyland 1992, 2005 Disneyland Paris 1995, 1997, 2003, 2007, 2011, 2x2012, 2014 Walt Disney World 2004 POR, 2007 AKL, 2008 AKL, 2009 Poly, 2010 AKL, 2011 BWV, May 2013 AKV Jambo Disney Cruise Line 2013 Wonder, 2014 Wonder
Trip Reports: 2013 TR DCL and WDW 2011 TR 2010 TR 2010 PTR Dining Reviews: 2009 2008 2007
New Trip Report: If You See It: Eat It! – Via Panama to Disneyland

Flossbolna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 11:04 AM   #34
Animal Drummer
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by araes2102
We are Achieving in April!

Welcome to WISH Away the Pounds--Achieving in April 2013 edition!

Please read the complete instructions in post 2, and then let me know if you have any questions.
The philosophy behind our new challenge: small achievable goals. One month at a time, one week at a time, one day at a time, one bite at a time.
Results will be posted as a % lost (pounds) towards monthly goal.

Thanks to Rose&Mike for creating our new challenge format which has been a great success!

Weigh in Days--Weight Loss
PM Weight to araes2102
April 1 (starting weight AND pounds lost goal for month; ex 145, goal 5 pounds)
April 5
April 12
April 19
April 26
April 30 (last chance)

Weight Loss Goals:
10%, orange
25% bright pink
50% purple
75% turquoise
90% red--FINISH STRONG!
100%WISH green

Weigh in Days--Maintainers:
April 1 (pm starting weight, maintain range, and goal for the month; 145, range 141-149, goal 4 weeks)
April 5
April 12
April 19
April 26
April 30 (last chance)

Maintainer Goals
25% bright pink
50% purple
75% turquoise
100%WISH green
I need this bad. Hopefully you're ok with guys joining the group. I can't PM yet because I'm new to the boards but my starting weight is 288 pounds.
Is 10 pounds per month too much to hope for?

Doing a Disney cruise next March and would love to see if I could find the hunky stud my wife fell in love with.
Animal Drummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 11:18 AM   #35
araes2102
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animal Drummer

I need this bad. Hopefully you're ok with guys joining the group. I can't PM yet because I'm new to the boards but my starting weight is 288 pounds.

Doing a Disney cruise next March and would love to see if I could find the hunky stud my wife fell in love with.
We are happy to have you join!!! A Disney cruise sounds fabulous! And next March definitely gives you enough time to get that hunchy stud back! :-)

Old 04-01-2013, 11:27 AM   #36
araes2102
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flossbolna

I am using Spark People and in order to get my recommended calorie range, I also add how many calories I intend to burn with exercise this week. And if I set this number to a higher level, it adjusts in a way that I can eat more calories per day. And while I try to aim for the lower end of that range, I sometimes allow myself to go all the way to the upper end of the range when I am feeling that I haven't had enough to eat. But I try to use the calories on healthy food so that it will truly fill me up. The good thing is that by committing to a certain amount of calories to be burned during the course of the week, this makes me more likely to actually do the exercise.
I used spark people the first time I lost weight! Hardly ever see ppl talking about it but I loved it

Old 04-01-2013, 12:29 PM   #37
Flossbolna
Sea days are just so relaxing!
Once you are as old as I am, you will understand!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animal Drummer View Post

Welcome!! We are always happy to have new people!!!

I am losing for a cruise as well! But mine is a little bit closer than yours - leaving at the end of April and can't wait for it! But it is a perfect motivation!

Quote:
Originally Posted by araes2102 View Post
I used spark people the first time I lost weight! Hardly ever see ppl talking about it but I loved it
It was actually one of the Biggest Loser threads here on the Wish board where I heard about it. I don't like the design and some aspects. But I like how flexible it is in adding your own food. Since I don't have access to the products being sold in American supermarkets I just work mainly with my own database of foods. I had a look at My Fitness Pal, but found it more cumbersome to adjust. I think MFP looks more stylish and that might be why it has become more popular? Still, I find Sparkpeople a great tool to keep track of my calories and exercise.

----

Just finished the first day of level 2 of Ripped in 30. I loved it, but it was sooo challenging! Ripped in 30 is definitely more advanced that the 30 Day Shred. But I also find it far more interesting. And some of the moves I already know from the 30DS and it is amazing how much fitter I am then when I was doing them during the 30DS. I was able to to plank jacks for a full 30 seconds set!! When I first tried them I could jump twice and then fell down because my abs were screaming in pain!!

Now I am going to treat myself with a nice soak in the tub!
Disneyland 1992, 2005 Disneyland Paris 1995, 1997, 2003, 2007, 2011, 2x2012, 2014 Walt Disney World 2004 POR, 2007 AKL, 2008 AKL, 2009 Poly, 2010 AKL, 2011 BWV, May 2013 AKV Jambo Disney Cruise Line 2013 Wonder, 2014 Wonder
Trip Reports: 2013 TR DCL and WDW 2011 TR 2010 TR 2010 PTR Dining Reviews: 2009 2008 2007
New Trip Report: If You See It: Eat It! – Via Panama to Disneyland

Flossbolna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 12:58 PM   #38
jillbur
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindaland View Post
I'm also in for April!! I missed the March challenge but loved reading along with you all and was really encouraged to stay on track.
I have also joined the exercise challenge so I will have to be accountable on 2 fronts, which is great!!! These threads have been a real inspiration for me and I am looking forward to achieving my goals for the month.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mystery Machine View Post
I'm in and PM is sent.

Many thanks to araes2102 for being our host this month!!!

Did not lose AT ALL last month. This month is going to be a WINNER for all of us right? I signed up for 1000 mins on the exercise challenge. I have to hold myself accountable.

Recipes are my struggle. I am so bored with what we eat. I joined Pinterest and not sure if that is going to help or hurt me.

Good Luck to everyone and what is for dinner tonight?
I joined the exercise challenge as well. I've done it in the past and love it. I can't wait to cheer each other on in two threads. Oh, and Pinterest is dangerous for healthy eating. I notice most of the things I pin are desserts (not healthy ones)! But, there's great healthy recipes as well. I also use skinnytaste.com for healthy recipes.

Quote:
QUOTD Monday April 1 :

I looked around online because I've been having real trouble with this and couldn't find anything so I guess I'm asking you guys how you personally deal with it.
My best strategy at this point is simply ignoring it. Hard to do though and sometimes you just cave.
I struggle with this as well, especially when I'm running a lot. I found that about 45 min to an hour after a hard workout, a grilled chicken salad and fruit satisfy me. I also eat a banana about an hour before a tough workout. I can't wait to hear other suggestions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliza32 View Post
Can I ask how the kitties are doing?? (Nothing to do with this page, but we all lived through the pregnancy together, so feel I have an interest in their development!!!!)
I've been wondering about the kitties, too! Hope they are doing ok.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animal Drummer View Post

Hello & welcome! We don't have too many guys, so this is great. And, I'm sure that hunky stud is ready to break out soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flossbolna View Post
----

Just finished the first day of level 2 of Ripped in 30. I loved it, but it was sooo challenging! Ripped in 30 is definitely more advanced that the 30 Day Shred. But I also find it far more interesting. And some of the moves I already know from the 30DS and it is amazing how much fitter I am then when I was doing them during the 30DS. I was able to to plank jacks for a full 30 seconds set!! When I first tried them I could jump twice and then fell down because my abs were screaming in pain!!

Now I am going to treat myself with a nice soak in the tub!
Way to go on your workout! You are so motivating. I've realized with DSs soccer starting that I will be missing my T/Th class at the gym (circuit training). I am going to have to do DVDs at home. I'm not good with home workouts, so I'm letting your success motivate me. Thanks

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Our schools are still off today, so we are enjoying the last day of break. The boys and I visited my grandma, went to the post office, stopped at the store for a few groceries for lunches this week, then went to Wendy's for lunch. We all had a baked potato & a side salad.

Now we are waiting for DH to get up & moving (worked midnight last night) so we can head out to buy soccer stuff. Both boys need shoes, shin guards, socks, and each need a ball for practice. Yikes!

MIL is stopping after work to give DSs Easter stuff. I'm hoping its not a bunch of junky candy. We asked her to give cash or gift cards, but she always gives candy & we end up throwing it out.

Other than that, I am excited for April. I'm ready to get back on track after my weigh in this morning. It's up a couple pounds

Btw-April 1 and I woke up to snow I may drive a couple hours & shoot that darn groundhog! I'm hoping for warmer weather real soon for outside running & soccer practices.

I'll try to check back in later. Have a great day.

Jill
Old 04-01-2013, 01:05 PM   #39
dizzyr
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by "Animal Drummer;

I don't know why but this just made me a bit teary eyed - its so sweet

****** DL Feb/02, DL Feb/07, WDW Nov/13, DCL Nov/13 ******
Next trip WDW Jan 2016 Marathon weekend here I come!
dizzyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 01:10 PM   #40
The Mystery Machine
DIS Veteran

jillbur thanks for the skinnytaste.com info. The more the merrier.
The Mystery Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 01:11 PM   #41
dizzyr
DIS Veteran

I just joined and I joined the exercise thread too. We have a cruise and 6 days in Orlando in November and I need to drop some serious weight so I'm not huffing and puffing the whole trip. Plus I've been reading about some of the rides at US and I'm over the weight limit and that would be so disappointing.

For the QOTD I am also following ww so if I'm under my point value for the day I use those points up after I exercise and if I'm over then I use some of the exercise points I've earned but I try and stick with fruits and veggies as much as possible (rarely works though!)

****** DL Feb/02, DL Feb/07, WDW Nov/13, DCL Nov/13 ******
Next trip WDW Jan 2016 Marathon weekend here I come!
dizzyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 01:24 PM   #42
The Mystery Machine
DIS Veteran

Oh, forgot the QOTD? Extra appetite from exercising?

I try and drink extra water with exercising and after, because it is probably dehydration.

I also allow myself unlimited reign on fruits and veggies. So I eat those if I am "starving", along with a serving of cheese.

Then I have my "go to snack" which is a jar of tootsie pops.
The Mystery Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 01:30 PM   #43
araes2102
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzyr View Post
I just joined and I joined the exercise thread too. We have a cruise and 6 days in Orlando in November and I need to drop some serious weight so I'm not huffing and puffing the whole trip. Plus I've been reading about some of the rides at US and I'm over the weight limit and that would be so disappointing.

For the QOTD I am also following ww so if I'm under my point value for the day I use those points up after I exercise and if I'm over then I use some of the exercise points I've earned but I try and stick with fruits and veggies as much as possible (rarely works though!)
Your upcoming trip sounds amazing, and what a great motivator! Fingers crossed you get healthier and can enjoy your trip even more!

Old 04-01-2013, 01:48 PM   #44
WDWorBUST
BL II - Purple Team
Okay I need my head examined....

I am in for April! I didn't quite make my 10 pound goal for March but I'm going to shoot for 10 again in April!!
Old 04-01-2013, 04:17 PM   #45
iheartjuppy
Mouseketeer

I'm in for April! I was frustrated in March because after a great first week, the scale DID NOT MOVE for three straight weeks. Somehow, miraculously, I stayed strong and kept reading here for motivation. I don't know what the delay was with my body/scale but in the last week we finally saw some downward moving digits and I MADE MY GOAL! I know the month is over but I keep looking back at the March thread, seeing 60% and hoping it gets updated because I think that will help motivate me too!

This month I'm setting my goal at only 4 pounds. We leave for our WDW trip on 5/5 and if I can get 4 pounds down, I will be (JUST) under a certain weight that has been my sticking point for a few years. If I lose more, that's fantastic, and my long-term goal is to lose ~ 10-14 more pounds after that (in total) but I'm trying to make sure I do this in a way I can maintain. I don't want to take any shortcuts as I know from experience that's how it all comes rushing back!

I, too, joined up earlier this year because we had the trip booked and I wanted to be proud to be in all the pics - I'm usually the photographer as an excuse not to feel self-conscious when I look at them. This time I just feel like I want to be IN the pics with my kids and PART of all the memories, so I found this amazing group and pre-paid for the PhotoPass+ as an additional kick in the tush!

I joined the exercise challenge this month, too. The weather is warming up and I'm not going to have any excuses!

iheartjuppy is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: