Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-31-2013, 08:57 PM   #16
melanie18
DIS Veteran

Tony's is by far the worst meal we have ever had in WDW from the service to the food being cold and awful.
melanie18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 09:03 PM   #17
jhaig
I'd bet you'd be hungry if we were having Tony-loaf

Quote:
Originally Posted by davedmaine View Post
Try it again. A review from over 2 years ago isn't much to go on. We like it. It's not great, but not bad for Disney current dining standards.
Exactly the problem. CURRENT Disney dining standards are a far cry from what they used to be. If Disney is going for generic and bland with poor to mediocre service at some (and I stress SOME) of their restaurants, then it's mission accomplished.

2007 VWL 2009 VWL 2010 POR Riverside 2011 POR Riverside 2012 CR Concierge 2014 GF
jhaig is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-31-2013, 11:06 PM   #18
nfggirl5454
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhaig View Post
And when I took my daughter outside to catch a minute or two of the parade before our meal got there, several Tony's employees gave us the stink eye, like we were doing something wrong by not sitting at our table and being good little guests.
I've been several times, usually with the plan of sitting outside to enjoy the parade. For what it's worth, as long as I've been going, they've never allowed inside guests to watch outside, as standing people always block the outside guests' view and can get in the servers' way. Management usually politely asks the other people to return to their tables.
nfggirl5454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 11:12 PM   #19
lovedworld
Mouseketeer

We had a very good meal when we were there. I think you should try it for yourself and you be the judge.
lovedworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 12:12 AM   #20
lmhall2000
May the road rise to meet you....May God hold you in the palm of His Hand.

You even mention Tony's and the facial expressions and groans from our three children evoke a clear message...NEVER AGAIN! And we went over eight years ago. Sounds like nothing has changed...we are planning a return trip to the World this Fall...I asked if any ofthe kids had any dining requests...I do not jest, in unison they declared, "anywhere but Tony's"

lmhall2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 10:14 AM   #21
DVCKev
DVC Member

We ate there in 2007 and it was horrible and the service was just as bad! I have seen NOTHING in any trip reports etc. anywhere that would lead me to give them another chance so far, it's almost 6 years now. I don't think we will ever go back unless I start seeing some good reviews on a consistant basis, and that has yet to happen in years.......

SSR WELCOME HOME!!
DVCKev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 11:09 AM   #22
NoSoup4U
I am Art Vandelay

Quote:
Originally Posted by davedmaine

Try it again. A review from over 2 years ago isn't much to go on. We like it. It's not great, but not bad for Disney current dining standards.
Try it again? Are you mad? After one terrible experience, why would one go back when there are better options around?
NoSoup4U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 12:29 PM   #23
jennylyn_b
Disney Fan for Life :)

It's not on our return list either. The food was edible but that's about it. Service was well wait... Was there any?!? We saw our waiter twice and that's it.
jennylyn_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 12:51 PM   #24
Vickie1016
Mouseketeer

When our family ate here in '10, the food was average but the service was great! So we decided to eat here again last year. Well - by far the worst food of the whole trip and the service was very poor. Needless to say, we will not be eating here this July.
Vickie1016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 01:17 PM   #25
starrysky
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVCKev View Post
We ate there in 2007 and it was horrible and the service was just as bad! I have seen NOTHING in any trip reports etc. anywhere that would lead me to give them another chance so far, it's almost 6 years now. I don't think we will ever go back unless I start seeing some good reviews on a consistant basis, and that has yet to happen in years.......
We are the exact same I have given other places a second chance but it was so bad that we would never go back. Bad food rude service.

1986 Hilton Downtown Disney, 1992 Offisite Kissimmee, 2006 Offsite (sheraton vistana) 2009 POFQ, 2010 POR, 2011 OKW, 2012 OKW, 2013 POFQ

starrysky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 01:48 PM   #26
princessallegra
They call me Mrs. Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSoup4U

Try it again? Are you mad? After one terrible experience, why would one go back when there are better options around?
Exactly! Why would we try a crappy restaurant again when there are other places that we know are darn good? Where we live you can get amazing, authentic Italian food 7 days a week. Being raised by an Argentinian mom with Italian roots myself, I learned to cook authentically as well. So we eat delicious food at home too lol! We really don't gamble on Italian food on vacation too often. And we did that in 2005. yes folks, Tony's was awful even back then. We tried Tony's, table for 2 for lunch. I had spaghetti and meatballs and my ex had chicken parm with spaghetti. The spaghetti was hard, box spaghetti and the sauce was barely edible. It tasted like pure tomato paste. Soo acidic. The meatbals were mediocre at best, same with the chicken. Service was horrible. We said we would never go back. No need to! To each his own :-)

ASMU '95WL '05POP/POFQ '06ASMU '07POLY CL '09WL CL June '10ASMu Suite Nov '10CSR June '11POR Princess 1/2 '12ASp/CSR/AKL '12 ToT 10 Miler CSR '13
princessallegra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 01:48 PM   #27
NoSoup4U
I am Art Vandelay

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVCKev
Very good point! And I agree. I wont go back unless I see consistent positive reviews.
Old 04-01-2013, 01:51 PM   #28
NoSoup4U
I am Art Vandelay

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessallegra

Exactly! Why would we try a crappy restaurant again when there are other places that we know are darn good? Where we live you can get amazing, authentic Italian food 7 days a week. Being raised by an Argentinian mom with Italian roots myself, I learned to cook authentically as well. So we eat delicious food at home too lol! We really don't gamble on Italian food on vacation too often. And we did that in 2005. yes folks, Tony's was awful even back then. We tried Tony's, table for 2 for lunch. I had spaghetti and meatballs and my ex had chicken parm with spaghetti. The spaghetti was hard, box spaghetti and the sauce was barely edible. It tasted like pure tomato paste. Soo acidic. The meatbals were mediocre at best, same with the chicken. Service was horrible. We said we would never go back. No need to! To each his own :-)
That was my experience too. We had the same meals. Spag & balls were sooooo gross. The meatballs were the worst I've ever had. Chicken parm was bad too.
Old 04-01-2013, 02:52 PM   #29
Sweet Pea Reed
Mouseketeer

DH and I were there specifically for my birthday, the day before Valentine's Day, this year. I love Lady and the Tramp, and that's why i put aside the negative reviews and decided to give it a try for myself. Honestly, I enjoyed every moment of it ---- the atmosphere, the friendly and funny server (Casey, I believe) dinner and a lovely Valentine's dessert. We had spaghetti and meatballs, and chickem parm. Everyone has their own preferences. I will be back.
Old 04-01-2013, 03:05 PM   #30
book_junkie
DIS Veteran

I would pass on it if I could.... However, my Mom is in love with it, and turns out they have an eggless meatball. Who knew? First time in years that my husband could have spaghetti and meatballs... He was in heaven... Me....

Past Trips: Oct 14 Cruise & Land; Nov-Dec 2013; May 2013 WDW; Oct-Nov 2012 WDW; Oct 2011 WDW Mother/Daughter Getaway; Oct/Nov 2010 WDW; Oct 2010 WDW Mother/Daughter Getaway; Oct 2009 WDW; June 2008 DL ; Nov 2007 WDW Clan Reunion; Nov 2004 WDW; June 1994 WDW Family Trip; March 1986 WDW Family Trip
book_junkie is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: