Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-01-2013, 08:46 AM   #35
PlutoBaby
Treat stress like a dog;pee on it and walk away.

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by BernardandMissBianca View Post
Ended up doing the race this morning. I ran when I could and walked when I had to. Came in dead last, well 4 walkers were behind me but they peeled off. But I finished and I PR'ed. 40 minutes and 35 seconds, 13:32 pace.
There is some serious motivation when you have a cop car tailing you!!
DS16 also PRed at 18:40, came in 9th over all and 2nd in his age division. DS11 ran in 30:27.

I did what I wanted to accomplish, I made my knee hurt. Sounds odd doesn't it?? But it hadn't hurt in quite a few days and I have a Dr appt Monday so I wanted to mark where it hurt so he could see it. It's very specific.

It was nice finishing as having a lot of friends cheering me on at the end.

Oh and it was uphill, both ways! Lol that I didn't know or I probably wouldn't have done it. So I'm kind of glad I didn't know.

Sent from my iPhone using DISboards
The point is you FINISHED!!! I think I can safely say everyone here in the DIS is PROUD of you!!:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliza32 View Post
Hi Guys

Well, I have to say that March has been my best month so far, I set myself a target of 7lbs, and so far have lost 10 (and there are 2 days left!!!) I've been really focussed on the food, and it's showed on the scales for sure. Now managing to get into some clothes 3 sizes smaller than when I started in January.

Great Job!

Got my exam results this morning (14 days early!!) thought it was going to be bad news, but no, I passed the third unit of my diploma. so just waiting for the results of my final assignment, then it will all be over until September.

Congratulations! Now enjoy the downtime!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flossbolna View Post
Happy Easter to all of you!!!

And a huge Congratulations to all of us for keeping going for another month during the weight loss journey. If you have made your goal or not, at least you are still here, trying every day to make the best choices possible. And that is the only way to acchieve the goal we have set us!!!

Not sure whether I am still coaching during the Easter weekend - but I guess I am (at least I offered to that a while ago). So, very sorry that I did not make it onto the DIS yesterday to give you a question of the day. First I was still suffering from my migraine, then I had to go into work (I kind of was on call), then had to run errands and finally started to feel better in the afternoon and then had plans to meet some friends in the evening. I had about one hour at home and had two options: Do my Ripped in 30 DVD which I have been slacking with over the last couple of days or go online. I picked the exercise thinking that all of you would understand that...

But here I am now, enjoying a lovely quiet Easter Sunday, backing some Easter bread (a sweet yeast loaf) to take to my parents later this afternoon. On Friday I started a new project: trying to convert my trip report from my 2010 trip to WDW with my sister into a photo book. I am already looking forward to working on that a bit more today. I am afraid it is a project that will take me a long time as I am still only at our first night at WDW and it was a 11 day trip!!

So, here is the question of the day:

Looking back at March, tell us one thing in your weight loss efforts that you are proud of that you accomplished that is not about the pounds you lost.

Even with battling BAD ITBS in both knees, I still managed to finish my Half and under goal time!
Quote:
Originally Posted by myweegirls View Post
Hi everyone! Back just under the wire in March...we had a great spring break. DDs loved Camp Grandma, and DH and I had a great time on the Dream. I started out great - ran three days in a row (Beach Club, treadmill on the Dream, and then got a PR the Castaway Cay 5K!), but then...oof. I think I had one of those vacations where I was so pent-up with needing to get away that I let things get a leeetle bit out of control once I was on vacation. I pretty much ate and drank what I wanted, and then some. I continued my annual affair with jelly beans (Brachs traditional, all the way). We got back late this afternoon, and after I unpacked, started laundry, and went out for dinner, I got out for a run to get back on track. I have some serious work to do - Nike Women's Half is in less than a month (!), and I definitely have some vacation pounds to shed. Looking forward to the April thread - I need it!

XO
Liz

Don't feel bad Liz. I think they put something in the air around WDW that makes you forget about sticking to your plan. Must be all that Disney Magic!

She is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are her life, her love, her leader. She will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of her heart. You owe it to her to be worthy of such devotion.
PlutoBaby is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: