Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-26-2013, 09:39 PM   #1
Whirlybird
Earning My Ears

Disney Dream July 18, 2013

Hello Disney Friends,

This will be my 1st Disney cruise! I will be traveling with my brother's family... Anyone joining us?
Old 02-28-2013, 11:48 AM   #2
jdent26
Earning My Ears

We will be joining you! This our first cruise also. After reading the DisBoards and talking to others it seems that this particular cruise will likely have a lot of first-timers. Experienced cruisers won't take this cruise - too short and too expensive. However it works perfectly for us as we had a commitment to be in WDW on the 17th. Also, being our first cruise of any sort, we appreciated the short length. Hopefully, this will whet out appetite for future Disney cruises!
jdent26 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-05-2013, 11:02 PM   #3
Whirlybird
Earning My Ears

I'm so glad someone has seen my post A three day cruise is a perfect start before heading to Disney World. I have read about a really cool tradition on the Disney ships that are arranged among forum participates... It is called a fish extender. Hopefully, someone with experience can take the lead in informing us on how it is done
Old 03-16-2013, 07:31 PM   #4
Whirlybird
Earning My Ears

Anyone else dreaming about our upcoming Disney Dream cruise?
Old 03-17-2013, 09:47 PM   #5
Magical Dreams
Earning My Ears

We'll be joining you! I started a thread for our cruise in case anyone else wants to do a fish extender I'm just waiting for it to be added to the list Can't wait to cruise with Mickey
Magical Dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 07:26 PM   #6
Whirlybird
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magical Dreams View Post
We'll be joining you! I started a thread for our cruise in case anyone else wants to do a fish extender I'm just waiting for it to be added to the list Can't wait to cruise with Mickey
Are you able to post a link to your thread?
Old 04-01-2013, 07:35 AM   #7
MsJag2009
Earning My Ears

Count the two of us in!
MsJag2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 07:37 AM   #8
MsJag2009
Earning My Ears

Quote:
We are new to Disboards and this will be our second Disney cruise. We do not know what "fish extender" is, but hope to be enlightened soon. July will be here before we know it! Look forward to meeting you all.
MsJag2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 03:45 PM   #9
Magical Dreams
Earning My Ears

Fish Extender

I've never done a fish extender either, but I've been doing a lot of "research" It is like a secret Santa gift exchange. One of us will be the keeper of the list and send updates to everyone involved. Whoever wants to participate sends that person the names and ages of everyone in their party and your stateroom number. The keeper of the list will e-mail that information to all participants and while on the cruise, we visit all the staterooms and leave little gifts in the fish extender (can be anything that hangs from the fish outside your stateroom door). Each day when you come back to your room, there will be different goodies in your FE . There are a ton of threads that discuss it in more detail Can't wait to meet everybody!
Old 04-01-2013, 03:53 PM   #10
Magical Dreams
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whirlybird View Post
Are you able to post a link to your thread?
I'm not able to post a link until I have 10 posts Hopefully it will be posted soon....maybe they can make this thread the primary one since more people have found it... Only 108 days to go
Old 04-02-2013, 05:09 PM   #11
Dustin2
Earning My Ears

We will on the cruise!! It will be our first Disney cruise. It will also be part of our honeymoon week!! I am so excited!! We are doing WDW the four days before and then relaxing on the cruise for the rest of the week. I totally want to do the Fish Extender idea!
Dustin2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 12:08 AM   #12
Magical Dreams
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustin2 View Post
We will on the cruise!! It will be our first Disney cruise. It will also be part of our honeymoon week!! I am so excited!! We are doing WDW the four days before and then relaxing on the cruise for the rest of the week. I totally want to do the Fish Extender idea!
Congratulations! How exciting!! If we don't end up with an experienced FE participant, I'd be happy to organize it. Still hoping someone who's actually participated in one may join us, though and take the wheel

May all your dreams be magical
Old 04-03-2013, 10:41 AM   #13
Whirlybird
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsJag2009 View Post
Count the two of us in!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustin2 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsJag2009 View Post
We are new to Disboards and this will be our second Disney cruise. We do not know what "fish extender" is, but hope to be enlightened soon. July will be here before we know it! Look forward to meeting you all.
Welcome! I am so excited more mouse fans are joining us on this Dream Cruise I am new too to the DIS forum. I have experience from another popular cruise forum and had great experiences. I love the fish extender idea... If you can't create one, I have found some being sold on eBay. The gifts do not have to be expensive, it is all in the fun in discovering something in your pocket.
Old 04-03-2013, 10:42 AM   #14
Whirlybird
Earning My Ears

Quote:
I'm not able to post a link until I have 10 posts Hopefully it will be posted soon....maybe they can make this thread the primary one since more people have found it... Only 108 days to go
O.k., Magical Dreams... respond to his post and you will have 10 posts!
Old 04-03-2013, 11:45 AM   #15
Magical Dreams
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whirlybird View Post
O.k., Magical Dreams... respond to his post and you will have 10 posts!
LOL.....I love the way you think Woo Hoo!! Ten posts I'm still thinking we should use this thread, though since so many have found it Thanks, Whirlybird!!

May all your dreams be magical

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: