Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-31-2013, 08:18 AM   #1
Stinkerbell1973
DIS Veteran

Stateroom After Check In

Will our stateroom be available as soon as we get onboard? I know the luggage we check will be in the room by 5 or so, but will we be able to go to our room, change clothes and leave our carry-on bags there?

TIA! 6 more days!

Oct 08, Oct 09, Sept 10, Feb 11, Sept 13 - Ft. Wilderness | Mar 11 - All Star Sports | Sept 11 - Pop Century
Dec 11 - Christmas at Fort Wilderness | Feb 12 - Coronado Springs | Oct 12 - Paradise Pier (Disneyland) | Dec 12 - Port Orleans French Quarter | Dec 13 - Caribbean Beach

Disney Fantasy - Apr 2013, Eastern Caribbean
Disney Magic - May/June 2014, Mediterranean

Sept 14 - Fort Wilderness
Stinkerbell1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 08:19 AM   #2
jasec2
Mouseketeer

Usually about 1:30
Register to remove

Old 03-31-2013, 08:22 AM   #3
Candleinthewind
Mouseketeer

This is why we love Holland America. You can get in your stateroom the moment you board the ship.
Candleinthewind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 09:13 AM   #4
Weedy
DIS Veteran

It's recommended to pack a small carry on bag with anything you may need for the first few hours you are on the ship. Bathing suites (or wear them under your clothes), sunscreen and any medication you may need.You usually can get into your cabin around 1:30.
Weedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 09:25 AM   #5
SoCaOC-Mom
DIS Veteran

If you are fortunate enough to be saying in concierge , from what I have read, you can keep your stuff in their private lounge.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
SoCaOC-Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 10:38 AM   #6
disneyfaninaz
It takes faith, trust & pixie dust!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinkerbell1973 View Post
Will our stateroom be available as soon as we get onboard? I know the luggage we check will be in the room by 5 or so, but will we be able to go to our room, change clothes and leave our carry-on bags there?

TIA! 6 more days!
It depends on what time your board. On our first 2 cruises we took DCL transportation from WDW and got to the port about 1:30. Immediately after checking in and getting onboard we were able to get into our stateroom to stow our carry-ons before heading to lunch. Luggage usually starts arriving after the safety drill.
disneyfaninaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 11:20 AM   #7
MikeAndNick
If you can dream it, you can do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinkerbell1973 View Post
I know the luggage we check will be in the room by 5 or so
Do not count on having the luggage by 5:00 pm. Most of the time we get them when we are at the early dinner or right before we go. We have had our luggage as early as 1:30 pm and but once one of our bags did not come until after 8:00 pm one night. It was sent to the wrong part of the ship and was not found until all the luggage was delivered.
Disney Cruise Lines: Wonder Land and Sea – Bahamas 2005, Magic Eastbound Trans Atlantic 2010, Magic Mexican Riviera Nov 20, 2011, Fantasy Western Caribbean June 23, 2012, Wonder Bahamian December 14, 2013
Princess Cruse Lines: Panama Canal 2006, San Francisco Alaska June 19, 2011, Pacific Coast Nov 24, 2013
Royal Caribbean Cruise Lines: Mexican Riviera 2009
Carnival Cruise Lines: Encanta Mexico 2009
NCL Cruise Lines: Mexican Riviera 2008
MikeAndNick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 11:29 AM   #8
mickyminnie890
"I only hope that we don't lose sight of one thing - That is was all started by a mouse" ~ Walt Disney

Before you even go on the cruise pack a carry on bag. It's good to bring suncreen, bathing suits, etc. All rooms are open at 1:30 P.M. so it's a good idea to eat lunch first. When it's around 1:30 P.M. you can head to your stateroom. Your luggage will not be there yet since it takes quite awhile. You can leave your carry on bags in the stateroom and go have fun on the deck or anywhere else on the ship. Your luggages will be there just in time for dinner and before the shows. To be sure it's good to bring extra clothing in your carry on bag. I got my luggages after watching the Sail Away Party. So that was around 4-5 P.M. Hope you have fun on your cruise. I just got back from mine today.

WDW - Lost count of how many times I've gone there.
Disney Dream-3/28/14, 6/26/14
mickyminnie890 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 10:11 PM   #9
VHFamily
Earning My Ears

I don't understand the whole checked luggage thing.. Is this for people whose luggage comes straight from the airline? What if we check bags on the plane but pick them up and bring them to port ourselves , do we have to lug them all around until our room is available?
Old 03-31-2013, 10:14 PM   #10
carmie3377
Hi, I'm Carmen and I'm a Disneyholic.

Location: Exactly 983 miles from the Magic Kingdom and 1,541 from Disneyland

Quote:
Originally Posted by VHFamily
I don't understand the whole checked luggage thing.. Is this for people whose luggage comes straight from the airline? What if we check bags on the plane but pick them up and bring them to port ourselves , do we have to lug them all around until our room is available?
No. You will drop them off with the porters when you arrive at the port. They will start showing up at your door shortly after being allowed in your cabin and they will filter in over the next few hours. Our last didn't show up until about 5,

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Aug/03 - 1st Trip DL Aug/04 - FW Cabins 1st trip WDW Jun/05 - WDW offsite Dec/06 - ASMo/OKW & MVMCP Jan/08 - POR BFF trip Sept-Oct/08 - AKV & MNSSHP Dec/09 - Pop*Disney Magic 7 nt Eastern w/ Tortola*Pop again Jan/11 - Disney Wonder 15 nt Panama Canal WB Nov/11 - Cor Spngs w/my honey Dec/11 - AKV Kidani w/ the kids Oct/12 - CR/Poly & MNSSHP Mar/13 - Disney Fantasy 7 nt Eastern w/San Juan May/13 - Disney Magic 6 nt Western w/my honey June/13 - SSR Girls Only Trip Sept/13 - Disneyland Paris w/my honey Oct/13 - BC & MNSSHP w/my honey

carmie3377 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 10:41 PM   #11
disneyfaninaz
It takes faith, trust & pixie dust!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VHFamily View Post
Any bags that you want checked will be left with the porters when you arrive at port. You should put your DCL luggage tags on them before you leave them. Any bags that you want to carry on with you will have to stay with you until your room is ready.
disneyfaninaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 10:48 PM   #12
lanejudy

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyfaninaz View Post
Any bags that you want checked will be left with the porters when you arrive at port. You should put your DCL luggage tags on them before you leave them. Any bags that you want to carry on with you will have to stay with you until your room is ready.
and just to add to this...any bags you want to keep with you need to be within the carry-on size limit to fit through the scanners - similar to airline carry-on but not exact, sorry I don't have the dimensions immediately at hand.
lanejudy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 10:57 PM   #13
VHFamily
Earning My Ears

Ok thanks!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: