Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-31-2013, 07:32 PM   #1
Lisa Lisa
DIS Veteran

Recent Onboard Booking Experience to Share

We just got off the Fantasy on Saturday, and we re-shopped a 2014 booking that I had made on opening day for Silver CC members (2/14). I had some questions about how this would work beforehand, so I thought I'd report back in case others have the same questions.

I had booked the 6/26/14 Med cruise from Venice, and the price for our category (7A) went up about $250 about a week after we booked. As of the day before we set sail, the price had not increased again. While we were onboard, I wanted to rebook to get the OBB benefits and keep the same room. I also wanted to designate a TA (Costco). I had read conflicting reports here re: whether we would have to cancel our original reservation or if it would be possible to modify our original reservation.

I took a copy of the e-mail confirmation of our reservation, and the woman I worked with at the Future Cruise Desk was able to modify that reservation. So we got 10% off the opening day price, AND we kept the same room, AND I was able to designate Costco as our TA -- even though it had been more than 30 days since I had made the original reservation. The only downside is that we did not get 10% of our original 20% deposit refunded. Personally, though, I was fine with that since it means our final balance isn't quite so painful!

I hope that makes sense and that it answers questions for some of you!

Disney Dream ~ February 12-16, 2012
Disney Fantasy ~ March 23-30, 2013
Disney Dream ~ September 1-5, 2013 * Trip Report: Living the Suite Life on the Dream ~ Sept. 1-5, 2013
Disney Fantasy ~ April 19-26, 2014
Lisa Lisa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 08:41 PM   #2
Chipmunklove
Earning My Ears

That is great info! We have booked the WBTA 2014 but want to try and get the benefits of the onboard booking when we cruise this fall in the Eastern Caribbean. I hope we get the same positive results. Congrats and enjoy your cruise.

Chipmunklove is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-31-2013, 08:57 PM   #3
chrisrunty
DIS Veteran

Did you also get your OBC?
chrisrunty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 09:22 PM   #4
Lisa Lisa
DIS Veteran

Yes, we still get the $200 OBC from DCL, plus we will get a large cash card from Costco. If we had cancelled the original reservation and rebooked, we would only have had to pay a 10% deposit, but then we would have gotten 10% off the current (higher) cruise fare and not the opening day fare.

We also made a reservation for a spring break cruise as a backup, in case airfare to Europe is prohibitively expensive when the time comes to book our flights. For that cruise, we were not eligible for the 10% off, but we only had to put 10% down and we will get a $200 OBC.

Disney Dream ~ September 1-5, 2013 * Trip Report: Living the Suite Life on the Dream ~ Sept. 1-5, 2013
Old 03-31-2013, 09:23 PM   #5
Lisa Lisa
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chipmunklove View Post
That is great info! We have booked the WBTA 2014 but want to try and get the benefits of the onboard booking when we cruise this fall in the Eastern Caribbean. I hope we get the same positive results. Congrats and enjoy your cruise.
Good luck! I hope you get the same results as well. FWIW, I worked with Rencia at the Future Cruise Desk.

Old 03-31-2013, 09:27 PM   #6
Lisa Lisa
DIS Veteran

One other thing to note: Some have commented here that they did not receive written/printed confirmation of their OBB. I was handed a very official looking printed confirmation on the spot after I re-shopped our Med cruise. For the backup spring break cruise, I got a written quote and spent a couple of days mulling it over with my DH. On the second-to-last night of the cruise, I dropped the quote card in the box at the Future Cruise Desk. The next day a printed confirmation was delivered to our room.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: