Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-31-2013, 03:54 PM   #1141
Ferrentinos
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fox Menagerie View Post

I saw your post, researched the discount, and called today for a $1298 refund for our Poly CL stay. Thanks for the heads up!
Awesome job!!! Glad to help! I find so much useful tidbits on here that I'm super excited to have contributed to your magic! Enjoy!!!

Old 03-31-2013, 07:41 PM   #1142
Dr Ken
Don't want to "earn" my ears. I'm retired!

Quote:
Originally Posted by roomthreeseventeen View Post
Has anyone ever stayed at WL Concierge? We just booked for August and are so excited.
We're staying WL CL in 3 weeks in one of their 4 honeymoon rooms. Never stayed at WL before.

Have enjoyed visiting 8 Disney theme parks (4 in FL, 2 in CA, 1 in Tokyo, and 1 in Paris)

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-31-2013, 09:05 PM   #1143
iheartjuppy
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dis_Yoda

I got a free upgrade to them back in May 2011. It was really nice!
We got one in March 2011! Must have been a generous year! we loved it too. We had never stayed CL before and it got us hooked. Staying CL at AKL in just over a month!
Old 03-31-2013, 09:19 PM   #1144
mmmears
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by iheartjuppy View Post
We got one in March 2011! Must have been a generous year! we loved it too. We had never stayed CL before and it got us hooked. Staying CL at AKL in just over a month!
I think that's the ulterior motive when granting those upgrades. AKL CL is wonderful -- I hope you like it as much as my family does.

* Disneyland * Walt Disney World * Disneyland Paris ** Disney Wonder Bahamas * Disney Wonder Alaska *
*Grand Floridian Resort* Animal Kingdom Lodge * Polynesian Resort * Yacht Club * Beach Club * Disneyland Hotel * Grand Californian Resort *
Old 04-01-2013, 04:21 AM   #1145
iheartjuppy
Mouseketeer

LOL I have no doubt! I even mentioned to the CM when we upgraded this trip reservation to CL that if that was their intention w the upgrade, it had worked!! For us, right now, it's worth it with two small kids who are light eaters and need some midday breaks and early bedtimes. When they're older, something like the DDP may be a better use of our funds but while we are spending a large portion of the trip at the resort, it's fun and convenient to have some drinks, snacks, and friendly faces (and DVDs!) to enjoy too!

Tonight I had some fun email exchanges with Don at the IPO, who said he's been at AKL since it opened. I love hearing things like that - has anyone gotten to meet the IPO CMs or are they more office-types. I would love to thank the ones I've emailed with in person, they've all been so friendly and fun!
Old 04-01-2013, 06:08 AM   #1146
trishadono
DIS Veteran

Quote:

June 2011 we were upgraded from deluxe room at CR to Atrium club. So, then last summer I had to try GF SL and this week trying Poly CL too! Once you try it, it's hard to live without!
Old 04-01-2013, 07:55 AM   #1147
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by roomthreeseventeen View Post
Has anyone ever stayed at WL Concierge? We just booked for August and are so excited.
It's been a long time since we've stayed CL at the WL (2004), but it was our first CL experience and I remember it like it was yesterday . The lounge was great with plenty of seating, the food offerings were wonderful, and the CL CMs were top notch . We had an amazing stay and even though our stay was 9 years ago, I still read reports today of people praising the CL staff and commenting on how great the lounge and offerings still are. Have a great trip......you will love WL CL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Ken View Post
We're staying WL CL in 3 weeks in one of their 4 honeymoon rooms. Never stayed at WL before.
You will love the WL....and staying CL will make it that much more wonderful . The grounds are beautiful and the lobby is a relaxing place to sit and take in the atmosphere. Have a great trip and enjoy the WL .

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
Old 04-01-2013, 08:47 AM   #1148
jiminykrikkit
Mouseketeer

Hi all,

We're staying CL at BWI in two weeks. We just booked the vacation a week ago on a whim. I found the email address on here and sent an email to the IPO for my resort 7 days ago. I still have not heard back other than the canned email response they send you to let you know they've received your email (which says I should hear back within 24 hours). I have checked my spam folder.

Should I email again, or call, or just wait? I'm thinking maybe they were just busy last week with Spring Break and Easter and all that. I hesitate to call because I don't have any major requests. I just figure, I'm paying for the CL service, may as well utilize them.

Thanks!

UPDATE: Seems like all I had to do was write this post. I just received a response less than an hour later. Please disregard!

Last edited by jiminykrikkit; 04-01-2013 at 09:27 AM. Reason: Update
Old 04-01-2013, 11:19 AM   #1149
abk96
Remember the true heroes, our police, firefighters, and the brave men and women in the military. Thank you for keeping us safe.

Jiminykrikkit....Glad they contacted you. Have a great time and please report back how everything was. We are staying BWI CL at the end of July for the first time and can't wait.
July'09 BWV--June'12 BC-CL--July/Aug'13 BWI-CL--July/Aug'14 GF-CL and BWI

Old 04-01-2013, 12:40 PM   #1150
mmmears
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Tonight I had some fun email exchanges with Don at the IPO, who said he's been at AKL since it opened. I love hearing things like that - has anyone gotten to meet the IPO CMs or are they more office-types. I would love to thank the ones I've emailed with in person, they've all been so friendly and fun!
Don is the best -- I've met him twice, but I made a point of trying to do so. The IPO CMs don't usually work in the lounge, so it's rare to see them there (but we did catch him there on our last trip and had a lovely chat). You are in good hands -- Don and the rest of the AKL IPO office are all fantastic at helping guests plan their trips.

* Disneyland * Walt Disney World * Disneyland Paris ** Disney Wonder Bahamas * Disney Wonder Alaska *
*Grand Floridian Resort* Animal Kingdom Lodge * Polynesian Resort * Yacht Club * Beach Club * Disneyland Hotel * Grand Californian Resort *
Old 04-01-2013, 03:26 PM   #1151
iheartjuppy
Mouseketeer

I'm so glad to hear that. Our email exchanges have been a hoot (and very informative and helpful of course!). I will certainly keep an eye out! I'm lobbying for several mid-day breaks at the resort this trip, and have booked us Park Hoppers to encourage it, so hopefully this will give us a little more time to get to know the CL staff and soak in more of our favorite resort!
Old 04-01-2013, 07:09 PM   #1152
psac
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by trishadono View Post
June 2011 we were upgraded from deluxe room at CR to Atrium club. So, then last summer I had to try GF SL and this week trying Poly CL too! Once you try it, it's hard to live without!
Let us know what you think about the Poly refurb! Enjoy the trip.
Past AKL-K Apr'14, BWV Nov'13, VWL/DCL Fantasy Sep'13, Poly CL Jul'13, AKL CL Apr'13, BWV Nov'12, BC CL Jun'12, BLT Apr'12, BWV Nov'11, CR Jul'11, BWI CL Nov'10, GF CL Apr'10, GF Apr'09, Omni Champ. Apr'07, POR Oct '03
Old 04-01-2013, 07:58 PM   #1153
trishadono
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by psac View Post
Let us know what you think about the Poly refurb! Enjoy the trip.
Thanks! I am so excited I have been packed for over a week.
Old 04-01-2013, 08:22 PM   #1154
cm8
Half of the time we're rushing around to get things done last minute or we realize we're running behind so we need to catch up

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiminykrikkit View Post
Hi all,

We're staying CL at BWI in two weeks. We just booked the vacation a week ago on a whim. I found the email address on here and sent an email to the IPO for my resort 7 days ago. I still have not heard back other than the canned email response they send you to let you know they've received your email (which says I should hear back within 24 hours). I have checked my spam folder.

Should I email again, or call, or just wait? I'm thinking maybe they were just busy last week with Spring Break and Easter and all that. I hesitate to call because I don't have any major requests. I just figure, I'm paying for the CL service, may as well utilize them.

Thanks!

UPDATE: Seems like all I had to do was write this post. I just received a response less than an hour later. Please disregard!

Quote:
Thanks! I am so excited I have been packed for over a week.

"I have placed the Lord ever before me. Because He is at my right hand, I will not be shaken." Psalm 16:8

Old 04-01-2013, 08:25 PM   #1155
mmmears
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Lucky you!!! Please let us about the Poly CL lounge when you return. I've stayed there a few times, but would love to hear what it's like since the rehab.

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: