Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons > Planning our Happily Ever After
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-29-2013, 10:10 AM   #106
Summer Daydream
Mouseketeer

Yay! Cake! I love how Ariel's seems to fit in to your color scheme perfectly. It is meant to be . I don't think anyone worries about the chairs. No honestly couldn't tell you what any chair ever looked like at any wedding, so I don't think the chairs will take anything away from your vision.
The cake is so pretty. Freesia is so pretty! I want to add some to my bouquet I think, so I think it will look nice on the cake. The food sounds good and I agree with you, who doesn't like bacon?
Old 03-29-2013, 10:10 AM   #107
kkbutterfly
Mouseketeer

Awesome update =)
Register to remove

Old 03-30-2013, 07:04 AM   #108
ncp17
disney bride to be

Just reading about your PS made me so excited for the one I will hopefully have! It seems you really have everything you've envisioned coming to life. And I ADORE your save the dates! Was it hard to decide on who to print them through? Etsy has SO many options! But yours are faboo!
ncp17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 08:11 PM   #109
SarahFarra
Mouseketeer

Ok, I'm finally caught up!! (Sarah Sowder from Disbrides ) Jess, this all looks SO great!!! Ps I didn't know you have Amy, so do I! I'm glad you love her!! I haven't had much interaction with her yet but soon enough I will.

I'm worried that our ideas are very similar and my wedding is like a month after yours...hope you don't feel like I'm stealing!! Hahaha...although our receptions will be very different as ours is at ADH. I do LOVE your ideas for Ariel's though!!! It will be so beautiful!

A lot of your food options are ones that we had checked off that we want to try too! There's so much amazing sounding brunchish food that it is hard to pick though!! SO excited for our PS now!!!

Engagement: 11.8.12
Wedding: 11.8.13
Marriage: Infinity and Beyond

www.markandsaraheverafter.com
www.chasingfairytales.com

PJ: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3035908
SarahFarra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 07:37 PM   #110
bradleyjess
Mouseketeer

My resort history: BoardWalk Villas, Animal Kingdom Lodge Jambo and Kidani, Saratoga Springs, Port Orleans Riverside, WDW Dolphin, Yacht Club, Contemporary and Coronado Springs.

Last edited by bradleyjess; 08-14-2013 at 08:52 PM.
bradleyjess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 03:29 PM   #111
KitKat5
Mouseketeer

Joining in!

It's been a while since I've been on here (my wedding was in 2011) but now I'm back and I'm loving reading about all your plans! I love your colours and you're right, they go so well with Ariels!

I cant wait to hear more!

KitKat5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 03:56 PM   #112
laurenvic1312959
Mouseketeer

Following along everything looks great so far

Me, Lauren (21) and DF Adam (27)
1997, 1998, 2003, 2008 and 2011 - Off site
Me and my DF as a bridesmaid and best man at a DFTW! A Jan 2013 TR Complete!

Last edited by laurenvic1312959; 04-30-2013 at 04:17 PM.
laurenvic1312959 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 07:25 AM   #113
ariel_
Mouseketeer

Just got caught up on your plans! Amazing - your pictures of Ariel's are gorgeous, and I totally agree with the previous poster that it's as though it was meant to be! The colours are perfect!

The cake you have gone for looks fantastic, I've never seen one like that before. Reading about your planning trip made me wish I lived in the states and could have a Wishes wedding - I want to try cake and tasty food!

I also loved your flowers, hydrangeas are so pretty and I have never seen the antique green variety before!

Lastly, congrats on your weightloss Obviously you'd look great regardless but I'm on a similar mission (failing miserably at the moment!) and think it's important that you feel happy and confident within yourself for your special day

Looking forward to hearing more!
ariel_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 03:50 PM   #114
bradleyjess
Mouseketeer

My resort history: BoardWalk Villas, Animal Kingdom Lodge Jambo and Kidani, Saratoga Springs, Port Orleans Riverside, WDW Dolphin, Yacht Club, Contemporary and Coronado Springs.

Last edited by bradleyjess; 08-14-2013 at 08:50 PM.
Old 05-23-2013, 06:42 AM   #115
MiaSRN62
DIS Veteran

Big Congrats bradyleyjess to begin with !
I am enjoying reading about your plans. My daughter and I are going through this now. Especially the Planning Session---we were curious what the details of that were about and you helped to answer some things we wondered about.
Can you explain the butter cream icing under fondat ? I thought you had to have either one or the other ? Your cake is so unique

PS: while I'm loving the blog....is it just me or are many of the photos in your planning posts not showing up ?? I can see some, but not all. None of the food/cake/napkins/Boutineers........

Have to mention too---my daughter fell in love with Ariel's and is having her reception there as well (DFTW date 4-3-14 WP/Ariel's).
Looking forward to reading more

Last edited by MiaSRN62; 05-23-2013 at 08:43 AM.
MiaSRN62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 11:32 AM   #116
bradleyjess
Mouseketeer

Last edited by bradleyjess; 08-14-2013 at 08:50 PM.
Old 05-23-2013, 05:52 PM   #117
mooncrumbs
Earning My Ears

Following along Your wedding plans are great!
mooncrumbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 09:18 PM   #118
mariapicardikenyon
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradleyjess View Post

Thanks! I'm glad you found it helpful! I'll have to check out the pictures :/ I don't know why they aren't working...

Congrats to your daughter as well! I love Ariel's -- it's such a different space. The dance floor being by isolated will work we'll, I think

There's a thin layer of butter cream icing underneath the fondant because people don't eat the fondant. The server will most likely peel it off before serving, so whether you choose a buttercream cake or fondant cake, you'll have buttercream icing! The benefit to the fondant is being able to do more intricate designs!
Following, love what your doing. Wish I could see your photos. 😞
Old 05-23-2013, 09:31 PM   #119
MiaSRN62
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradleyjess View Post
Congrats to your daughter as well! I love Ariel's -- it's such a different space. The dance floor being by isolated will work we'll, I think

There's a thin layer of butter cream icing underneath the fondant because people don't eat the fondant. The server will most likely peel it off before serving, so whether you choose a buttercream cake or fondant cake, you'll have buttercream icing! The benefit to the fondant is being able to do more intricate designs!
Thank you ! And I knew after touring 3-4 other receptions sites that she was sold on Ariel's as soon as we walked in---showed in her face. The dance floor is a plus I think as well. We will probably have in the 50 guest range (our invite list is at 74 I think but we know several will not be able to travel due to distance/cost/time).
And thanks for the info about the fondant ! Your cake definitely has a very pretty effect with that color in particular.
Looks like our planning session might be Sept 23. Her dad and I are in Orlando on a cruise trip so it's convenient. It's 7 months out from her date, but it's costly for us to fly in and out of FL for a weekend. But I told her we're flexible. Her wedding planner has us in for that date as of today.

MiaSRN62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 11:06 AM   #120
purplegirl1818
Planning my DFTW!

Following along! We're also having a SBP ceremony followed by Ariels so I'm super interested to see how everything works out for you!!

purplegirl1818 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: