Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-31-2013, 12:17 PM   #226
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
Thanks for the Tours info !! Astaria Gardens is on the list !!! I believe there is a Flamingo show I am not thinking of the Sea & SEE tour but looks like the Glass bottom boat may be different and of course the Aquarium is on the list!!

and

Happy Easter Karin and Tom!!!
There are lots of photos in Jen's (jenseib) trip report, Rosie. The link is in her signature, it's the "The places we go ..." one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
I can't wait to see your Cabana. I bet its awesome! I am so looking forward to CC. More please!

Happy Easter. Love all your cute little Easter posts!
Mary Ellen, ever since the first time we decided to get one, we HAD TO get another one. I know the price is steep, but it is just so awesome to sit up there and relax, being able to get a drink out of the fridge, fruit and snacks on hand, hammock without having to fight for it. It is such a treat!

More coming up shortly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGICFOR2 View Post
Rosie, the Straw Market is crazy with people begging you to stop and buy from them, but it is fun to see what they have. When you get tired of that, If you head through Atlantis and out on the Marina side, there are some great shops on that side, and some nice cafes where you can sit and stare at the yachts all parked there and see if you spy someone famous! (I saw Penelope Cruz over at "the Cove" side of the resort while I was bar hopping when staying there)
The straw market is fun, Rosie, just be aware of pickpockets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
Rosie, we did Ardastra Gardens
Rosie, the link is in the signature!
Aug 22 Fantasy/Western Aug 29 Fantasy/Eastern
TR Feb 2014: Did you feel pressured ... TR 2013: Get off the ship ..... Pre TR 2014: DREAMing, some MAGIC and a little bit of Paris! Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

dizneeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 12:27 PM   #227
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGICFOR2 View Post
Happy Easter, Karin and crew!
Thank you, Tammie! Hope you had a wonderful Easter too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie&Nana View Post
Happy Easter, Karin and Tom!!!
Thank you, Christine! Hope your Easter was extra special too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toria View Post
I am really enjoying your TR. Looking forward to the rest.
I am glad you enjoy it! Lots more to come ......... pretty soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by annmarieda View Post
What a beautiful day... although it looks a tad windy for sure! Lots of people in the pool though! I think I would have been more like you and bundled up in a sweatshirt!

Dinner looks amazing. (as all your meals do on your cruises) Grand Marnier is one of my favorite liquors. I think I would just about die to have the soufflé.

Breakfast would seem a bit awkward with the poor server.

Happy Easter!!
It was a really nice day at Nassau! And since it was so cold and wintery at home, it felt double special!

Yes, breakfast was a bit odd. Especially since I didn't even recognize the server at first sight.
He didn't seem all that disappointed, once we told him that we had bonded with Ana so much on previous cruises. And he got a nice big tip at breakfast as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
Karin,Rosie, and Christine~I adord the Easter "cards"

Hoppy Easter to everyone celebrating today!!
Thank you, Jeanette! Tom does quite a good job creating those cards.
TR Feb 2014: Did you feel pressured ... TR 2013: Get off the ship ..... Pre TR 2014: DREAMing, some MAGIC and a little bit of Paris! Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-31-2013, 12:59 PM   #228
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Just have to share this one with you all!

Half term vacation 2013, Feb 16 - Feb 24

Day 4, February 19

“I could get used to this!” - part 2

There, our Cabana host was already waiting. We hopped into the golf cart and off we went. It’s such a short drive that getting on and off takes longer than the drive itself and we were at our “home” Cabana.

I say “home” Cabana because out of all the times we had had one, we only once had to get another one. We walked inside, our host explained everything and off he went again.

And after expecting everything and enjoying the view,

we both picked a drink out of the fridge

and relaxed in our home for the day. After we had quenched our thirst we walked down to the sea’s edge

and stuck a toe in.

And BOY, it was cold! But we were determined to go in, one needs to get in some swimming in the ocean in February.
The beach was very empty, just a few people enjoying it and we walked back to our Cabana to take off our T-shirts and shorts and then we sat in the sun for a while.
But not for too long, as the ocean was calling our names.

To be continued ...........

Old 03-31-2013, 02:30 PM   #229
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

I see you are in jeans !!!What was the Temp there ?? The Cabana looks awesome as ever !!
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip
englishrose47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 02:39 PM   #230
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

I am having a hard time finding jens TR that includes astaria gardens !!! What is the title or can someone link me ???
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip
englishrose47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 03:25 PM   #231
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I see you are in jeans !!!What was the Temp there ?? The Cabana looks awesome as ever !!
Quote:
I am having a hard time finding jens TR that includes astaria gardens !!! What is the title or can someone link me ???
We usually wear jeans going out to Serenity Bay. I refuse to walk out there in my swimsuit.
Weather was nice and beautiful, Rosie, around 25° C!

Rosie, I pointed out Jen's trip report in my replies to you! She posted on the previous page. Her screen name is jenseib! Go back one page, go to her post and the link is in her signature. It is called "The places we go, the people we see". Click it, and it is towards the end of what she has posted so far.

Old 03-31-2013, 04:28 PM   #232
Linda67
Has a Masters in Margaritas

Oh the cabana looks wonderful

It must be so relaxing to have one for the day - I can't imagine there are ever any left for Silver CC members but you never know
Linda67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 05:06 PM   #233
Teri1
DIS Veteran

Happy Easter Karin and Tom! Love your CC update, the pics are so beautiful.
Old 03-31-2013, 06:47 PM   #234
MEK
DIS Veteran

That cabana looks amazing! But even more amazing are your pictures of the empty beach. It just looks so beautiful. Can't wait!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 07:57 PM   #235
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
I'm not sure if you found it, but it's the firs link in my signature. Just click on "oh the places we go"
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 08:35 PM   #236
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Happy Easter Karin and Tom.
KatMark is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 10:41 PM   #237
A&A'sGrammy
Family 1st or is it Disney 1st!

I know you both love your cabana but to be honest.......I really don't see the point! I must be missing something.!!
Old 04-01-2013, 12:02 AM   #238
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda67 View Post
Oh the cabana looks wonderful

It must be so relaxing to have one for the day - I can't imagine there are ever any left for Silver CC members but you never know
It is an awesome treat, Linda, and has done wonders for my eyes. Getting out of the sun really helps them to "recover".
And I WAS able to score one as a silver CC member ..... so there IS hope!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teri1 View Post
Happy Easter Karin and Tom! Love your CC update, the pics are so beautiful.
Teresa, I hope your Easter was wonderful too!
Not much longer and we will all be back to CC!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
That cabana looks amazing! But even more amazing are your pictures of the empty beach. It just looks so beautiful. Can't wait!
The privacy of the Cabana is amazing ...... and so is the ability to have unlimited towels, especially the cold ones out of the fridge!
The beach becomes more crowded during the day, especially on the 4 day DREAM cruises, but it was never as full as the family beach.
I am sure you are SO going to love CC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
I'm not sure if you found it, but it's the firs link in my signature. Just click on "oh the places we go"
Jen, I pointed out the link several times AND the title and Rosie has found it ....... she commented on it on one of my other threads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Happy Easter Karin and Tom.
Thank you, Kathy!

Old 04-01-2013, 01:14 AM   #239
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Half term vacation 2013, Feb 16 - Feb 24

Day 4, February 19

“I could get used to this!” - part 3

But not for too long, as the ocean was calling our names.
Again, it felt pretty cold the first few steps, but the further we went in the more bearable it became.

And then while we walked into deeper water I noticed something round and dark in the water. Was that a stingray? Tom went closer to it and really it was a stingray. Our water camera came in very handy, he took a few photos, before Mr. Ray decided it was time to head somewhere else.

So we kept on walking and swimming until we reached the little bank of sand further out.

We sat on the bank, the water up to our shoulders

and looked back at Serenity Bay and our Cabana

and just enjoyed being at our happy place. We sat and enjoyed the ocean for quite some time until we felt getting cold. Further towards the beach we started to swim and walk. It took quite some time to get back to the beach and we hurried up to our cabana, took a quick shower and grabbed a towel to dry ourselves off.
Once we had dried off sufficiently, we sat in the sun and looked down at the beach and saw a bar server coming our way. Tom waved at him and he headed up to our Cabana. We placed our order and he let us know it would take a little while, since the computers were still not working and they had to do the orders by hand. We didn’t really mind, we had a nice soft seat in the sun and enjoyed that a lot.
Tom tried the hammock for a while until our drinks arrived.

And after adding a little tip for the server we sat on the patio, Tom enjoyed his

Corona and I enjoyed

my Konk Kooler, made with rum, coconut, pineapple and orange juices, and passion fruit. There were some grapes and an apple for Tom and we munched some chips as well. It was just wonderful sitting in the sun, beverage in hand and enjoying the day.

Drinks done we decided to slowly walk along the water’s edge to the barbeque for some lunch.

To be continued ...........

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: