Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The College Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-29-2013, 05:49 AM   #76
kellydizfan
DIS Veteran

My DD who was just accepted and will be doing Quick service Food & Beverage has 2 friends who just applied. Both have just done their interviews. One yesterday and the other was the beginning of this week. Time will tell. They were both told 2 weeks to wait.
OKW 8/11-8/16/13, CSR 12/8-12/13/13, POP 8/24/11-8/31/11, Nick Hotel 8/4/09-8/6/09, POR 7/28/09-8/4/09-DS B-day, Eastern DCL 4/08, Europe 3/08, Hawaii Cruise 07, OKW 3/07, AKL 8/06, Europe 4/06, BCV & SSR 10/04, BCV 2/03 & DVC Cruise, POR 5/02, CBR 5/96, CBR 5/91, DL 8/87, Offsite 83 & 75
kellydizfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 09:10 AM   #77
sarewil
DCP FA 2013

Thank You Sky

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyinNeverland View Post
Good luck! Do your research first! I watched a lot of videos on youtube about it and had some note cards made. You need to smile even if they can't see it they can hear it, oh and remember the interviewers name. I kept a note pad by to write it and other things down. Ask questions in the end! Stay calm, its just someone calling to talk about you and Disney
I've done some research on Disney. Learned about their exceptional customer service in my hospitality classes. I have been practicing with my mom this morning, making sure that I smile when answering questions. I'll have to remember to grab a notepad to jot things down on. I pride myself on remembering names and using them when on the phone when I talk to someone. What youtube videos did you watch?

sarewil is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-29-2013, 12:19 PM   #78
SkyinNeverland
Second Star to the Right and Straight on till Morning

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarewil View Post
I've done some research on Disney. Learned about their exceptional customer service in my hospitality classes. I have been practicing with my mom this morning, making sure that I smile when answering questions. I'll have to remember to grab a notepad to jot things down on. I pride myself on remembering names and using them when on the phone when I talk to someone. What youtube videos did you watch?
Oh thats all really good! I don't remember the specific ones, I just searched phone interview tips dcp and a ton came up! More than I expected. They were really helpful because they gave example questions that they had been asked. When I had my interview none of the questions surprised me because of this!
and fantasy
SkyinNeverland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 01:23 PM   #79
sarewil
DCP FA 2013

Phone interview

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyinNeverland View Post
Oh thats all really good! I don't remember the specific ones, I just searched phone interview tips dcp and a ton came up! More than I expected. They were really helpful because they gave example questions that they had been asked. When I had my interview none of the questions surprised me because of this!
Well I did some practicing this morning. I waited around for my interview and Bonnie called me at 12:14 because they were having some technical issue this morning. I think I did well with my interview, it lasted almost 25 minutes which shocked me. Bonnie did a great job making comfortable and I made her laugh a few times. I made sure to sell my strengths in customer service, and asked questions regarding the education program, and working overtime and made sure that I told he I would be willing to work any day of the week and anytime of the day. I'm taking the length of my interview to be a good sign, because if she really didn't care what I had to say or didn't think I was a good candidate she probably wouldn't have stayed on the phone with me for as long as she did.

Now all I have to do is anxiously wait for the next few weeks to pass by to see if I get an offer. Praying that this dream comes true!

Old 03-29-2013, 08:46 PM   #80
ValiantHeart
Mouseketeer

I had quite a journey from application to acceptance! I applied on the 8th of February, had my phone interview on the 11th of February (didn't have to do WBI because I'd done it for Spring), and was told I was pending on February 15. I got my three week reminder on March 8th, and was finally accepted on March 13th for merchandise! :D

WDW DCP Alumnus - Merchandise - DAK Discovery Island

The opinions expressed in this post do not reflect the opinions of the Walt Disney company or any affiliates.
ValiantHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 09:54 AM   #81
sarewil
DCP FA 2013

In Progress

Mine says in progress, I'm not exactly sure what that means other than playing the waiting game. Hopefully it all works out and I get my dream come true!

Old 03-30-2013, 04:01 PM   #82
luvmylatte
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Mine says in progress, I'm not exactly sure what that means other than playing the waiting game. Hopefully it all works out and I get my dream come true!
That's what my DD's says too. Keep in mind this was a holiday weekend and even though WDW was open some offices might have been closed. I'm thinking after Monday things will move along again. My DD had a long interview too and a classmate of hers who worked at WDW at one time told her if you have a long interview it is a good sign. Hope so.....good luck.
Old 03-30-2013, 04:16 PM   #83
PirateSnowmen
Bazinga!

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmylatte View Post
That's what my DD's says too. Keep in mind this was a holiday weekend and even though WDW was open some offices might have been closed. I'm thinking after Monday things will move along again. My DD had a long interview too and a classmate of hers who worked at WDW at one time told her if you have a long interview it is a good sign. Hope so.....good luck.
"In Progress" is what it will say until you're accepted/declined. If you're declined, it will say "No Longer In Consideration." If you're pended, it will also say "In Progress," but it will state in an email that you are pending (but a pending status will not be indicated on the dashboard). It took me 9 days to get accepted (no pending), and it said "In Progress" the entire time. In fact, if I remember correctly, after I got my acceptance email my dashboard still said "In Progress" because it took a little while to update.

Also, while a long interview may be a good sign, I've heard of people being accepted with a 9-10 minute interview. I think it really just depends on who the interviewer is. (Note: I have no idea if having a long interview is good - the only people who know that is Disney).

Good luck on getting accepted
Old 03-30-2013, 06:35 PM   #84
MagicKid89
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by PirateSnowmen View Post

Also, while a long interview may be a good sign, I've heard of people being accepted with a 9-10 minute interview. I think it really just depends on who the interviewer is. (Note: I have no idea if having a long interview is good - the only people who know that is Disney).

Hello!
I had my interview Monday March 25th, my interview lasted around 36mins...
I don't know if that's bad or good, tho my interviewer was really nice and we shared a few giggles. Later that night I received a thank you for the phone interview you will hear back within 2 or 3 weeks.
On the 27th I received an "Document to Complete" Email to submit an
"WDW College Program Addendum Application"
Did that.... Now I haven't heard anything since then.
MagicKid89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 06:42 PM   #85
lego606
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicKid89 View Post
Hello!
I had my interview Monday March 25th, my interview lasted around 36mins...
I don't know if that's bad or good, tho my interviewer was really nice and we shared a few giggles. Later that night I received a thank you for the phone interview you will hear back within 2 or 3 weeks.
On the 27th I received an "Document to Complete" Email to submit an
"WDW College Program Addendum Application"
Did that.... Now I haven't heard anything since then.
You won't hear anything else until about 1-2 months before you head down
Old 03-30-2013, 06:48 PM   #86
MagicKid89
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by lego606 View Post
You won't hear anything else until about 1-2 months before you head down
I wonder if I would hear anything by April 19th?
All the applications that are Pended will hear back by April 19th....
MagicKid89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 10:49 PM   #87
sarewil
DCP FA 2013

Thank you luvmylatte

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmylatte View Post
Thank you luvmylatte. I almost forgot it was a holiday weekend in a way since we had spring break a few weeks ago for school it has kind of thrown me off and with no little kids in the family anymore we as a family don't make a big deal out of Easter like we used to lol! I'm hoping and praying that it's a good sign, I just keep telling myself it is.

Old 03-30-2013, 10:57 PM   #88
sarewil
DCP FA 2013

Thanks for the info PirateSnowmen

Quote:
Originally Posted by PirateSnowmen View Post
"In Progress" is what it will say until you're accepted/declined. If you're declined, it will say "No Longer In Consideration." If you're pended, it will also say "In Progress," but it will state in an email that you are pending (but a pending status will not be indicated on the dashboard). It took me 9 days to get accepted (no pending), and it said "In Progress" the entire time. In fact, if I remember correctly, after I got my acceptance email my dashboard still said "In Progress" because it took a little while to update.

Thank you for wishing me luck. I know a classmate of mine has been accepted for costuming, I had no clue that she applied until we were talking about class this afternoon, Lol! Unfortunately I haven't gotten any emails at all from the program, I applied on monday, was busy tuesday and had been checking my email but saw nothing and figured I would just give it a shot and look at my dashboard and saw that they wanted me to do a WBI and then as soon as I finished that it said to do a phone interview. My theory with the long interview was that must have liked what I said because if they weren't interested they would not keep asking questions, or maybe they just didn't want to be rude who knows all I know is that I'm staying positive about this whole process.

Old 03-31-2013, 07:54 PM   #89
ZooBoo
Earning My Ears

I had my interview on a Thursday, and heard back the following Monday!
Old 04-08-2013, 11:07 PM   #90
SFGamerBabe
Earning My Ears

I lucked out and only had to wait four days from interview to acceptance. I interviewed on March 21st and was accepted on March 25th.

I did feel pretty good after my interview, even though I was definitely nervous beforehand! But I did my research and was prepared for pretty much all of the questions my interviewer, Ian, threw at me. I also had a lot of practice interviewing (face-to-face) for accounting internships last year, so in comparison a phone interview was a bit easier. Interviews are always somewhat nerve-wracking though!

SFGamerBabe is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: