Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Canadian Trip Planning & Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-31-2013, 03:16 PM   #736
dcessford
Mouseketeer

Just a question to those that have done the park and fly stay at the Hojo in Portland.Do you have to stay there when you return? If not,is there a cheap way to get back to the hotel or can you use the shuttle? I have never done this before so not sure.
dcessford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 03:22 PM   #737
Waiting
Earning My Ears

No return stay needed. Just give them a call when you get your bags at baggage claim - they will send the van over to get you. Make sure you keep their # handy - they do not have a phone at the airport.
Register to remove

Old 03-31-2013, 05:50 PM   #738
dcessford
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waiting View Post
No return stay needed. Just give them a call when you get your bags at baggage claim - they will send the van over to get you. Make sure you keep their # handy - they do not have a phone at the airport.
thanks

that makes things so much easier
dcessford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 06:40 PM   #739
The Lorax
Impossible is nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcessford View Post
Just a question to those that have done the park and fly stay at the Hojo in Portland.Do you have to stay there when you return? If not,is there a cheap way to get back to the hotel or can you use the shuttle? I have never done this before so not sure.
You can stay before or after, we have done both from this Hojos. Absolutely best way to fly from Portland. Shuttle is free both ways, as OP stated.

We base our decision on a traditional Park & Fly or a reverse Park & Fly on our flights. One trip we had a late departure from Portland and a late arrival after our trip - so we chose the reverse park and fly where we stayed after we landed back in Portland. Saving me the the five hour drive home after a busy travel day!

From our chats with the shuttle drivers on our trips, NB/NS residents are the primary source of their park and fly business.

03/01/2014 7-Night Western Caribbean - Fantasy
The Lorax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 10:10 AM   #740
RainbowsMist
"There's a little kid in all of us..."

Group bookings...who knew??!!

If any other Maritimer's are planning a Disney Cruise (or any cruise for that matter or just looking for flights) for next April, 2014 let me know. We're looking at leaving Friday April 25, 2014 Halifax to Miami returning Sunday May 4, 2014 Miami to Halifax!

We'd love to do a group booking with Air Canada. I've called and the price is great! Plus you only need a deposit of $50 at time of booking with full payment due 30 days before travel. How sweet is that?? Who knew??!!!! lol

We should have a thread here pinned for Group Bookings for people to post on/join to help cut back on those high airfares from Halifax.

March 2013 Carnival Breeze & Offsite
March 2012 Jamaica
March 2011 - Offsite
April 2010 - Offsite
March 2007 - Offsite *First Family Florida Vacation!*
RainbowsMist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 07:25 PM   #741
schoonersky
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainbowsMist View Post
Group bookings...who knew??!!

If any other Maritimer's are planning a Disney Cruise (or any cruise for that matter or just looking for flights) for next April, 2014 let me know. We're looking at leaving Friday April 25, 2014 Halifax to Miami returning Sunday May 4, 2014 Miami to Halifax!

We'd love to do a group booking with Air Canada. I've called and the price is great! Plus you only need a deposit of $50 at time of booking with full payment due 30 days before travel. How sweet is that?? Who knew??!!!! lol

We should have a thread here pinned for Group Bookings for people to post on/join to help cut back on those high airfares from Halifax.
Wow! What are the approximate price savings? And how many do you need for a group? Can't so April but I think this is a great option!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

November 2013: Disney Wine and Dine Half Marathon
March 2013 - Boston, MA-April 2012 - Boston, MA - March 2012 - Gran Bahia Principe Jamaica - July 2011 - Quebec City PQ - December 2010 - Disney Wonder and the Contemporary!! -August 2009 - POP Free Dining - August 2008 - POR Free DIning - March 1983 - Offsite
schoonersky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 07:47 PM   #742
RainbowsMist
"There's a little kid in all of us..."

Quote:
Originally Posted by schoonersky View Post
Wow! What are the approximate price savings? And how many do you need for a group? Can't so April but I think this is a great option!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
I called Air Canada Group Bookings again earlier as I wanted to know the in's and out's should someone cancel and I received more information.

To do a group booking you need 10 people. I also learned that everyone doesn't need to fly out of the same airport but rather just to the same destination and return the same day from the same destination. She gave me the scenario of "if uncle Bob lived in Vancouver and was going to Miami the same day we were then he would be in the group". She said as long as we all went to the same destination on the same day and left the destination the same day we could book as a group.

She also told me "Uncle Bob's" rates would be based on his home airport and ours would be based on ours (Halifax). She said it's $50 per person to book and your balance is due 30 days before departure. Should the fares drop anytime before we go they would adjust the rates.

When I called this morning the gentleman I was speaking with said the fares weren't out yet BUT he could give me a price that he thought would be VERY close (the lady I spoke later on told me often Air Canada has the rates but they aren't uploaded online until 333 days before departure and that's probably how he knew the price or could give me a close estimate). The gentleman also told me (which we all already know), it's based on seat availability, that's what drives up the price of seats...so it's better to book early.

As for cancellations, as long as the group maintains at 10 people everything remains the same and the person's deposit is fully refundable should they cancel prior to final payment. If the group drops below 10 then full tickets would issued at that time based on the rates at the time.

The number I called was the Air Canada Group Bookings toll free number on their website: 1-888-567-4160

March 2013 Carnival Breeze & Offsite
March 2012 Jamaica
March 2011 - Offsite
April 2010 - Offsite
March 2007 - Offsite *First Family Florida Vacation!*
RainbowsMist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 05:37 PM   #743
LauraJean
Mouseketeer

Flying out of the West Coast of NL is gross price wise. My only choice for Oct is AC. Today flights are 4600 for us and our 3 kids. Any tips on booking? Waiting until Summer to book? Help!
Old 04-08-2013, 08:15 AM   #744
peterox
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraJean View Post
Flying out of the West Coast of NL is gross price wise. My only choice for Oct is AC. Today flights are 4600 for us and our 3 kids. Any tips on booking? Waiting until Summer to book? Help!

Hi fellow Newfoundlander I live in the Central region and we usually have to fly out of YYT for the better deal. We are going down in a couple of week and flying with WestJet direct to MCO. I always find its best to book early to get the best deals.
peterox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 09:41 AM   #745
LauraJean
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterox View Post

Hi fellow Newfoundlander I live in the Central region and we usually have to fly out of YYT for the better deal. We are going down in a couple of week and flying with WestJet direct to MCO. I always find its best to book early to get the best deals.
We did that our last trip. We did a west jet vac package. I'm finding though that even though my 2 year old is free in Dis and a 4 person room is allowed they can't book our family of 5 into one. I have to book our package right through Dis and flights alone. Skipping the 8 hour drive before and after our Vac I am glad to be missing though
Old 04-08-2013, 10:33 AM   #746
peterox
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraJean View Post
We did that our last trip. We did a west jet vac package. I'm finding though that even though my 2 year old is free in Dis and a 4 person room is allowed they can't book our family of 5 into one. I have to book our package right through Dis and flights alone. Skipping the 8 hour drive before and after our Vac I am glad to be missing though

That long drive is not fun I know . I never book vacation packages I always book things like flights and Disney separate and I book everything myself. I like having full control of everything.
peterox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 04:34 PM   #747
AJ1983
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterox View Post
Hi fellow Newfoundlanders I'm in St. John's but have spent alot of time in Central Heading to Disney in less than 4 weeks, can't wait!

AJ1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 09:23 PM   #748
LauraJean
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ1983 View Post

Hi fellow Newfoundlanders I'm in St. John's but have spent alot of time in Central Heading to Disney in less than 4 weeks, can't wait!
Hi I'm on the West Coast-hubby works offshore St. John's so we spend a fair bit of time out that way.
Old 04-11-2013, 05:41 AM   #749
PrincessRebekah82
Earning My Ears

Hi I'm new to this board and just found this thread. I'm from Halifax Nice to see more Atlantic Canada Disney fans!!
PrincessRebekah82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 10:54 AM   #750
Fundytrail
Our 1988 Ticket

Here at Bonnet Creek Resort now, temps 27C and sunny.

Great resort, one bedroom with a view of the lake.

Fundytrail is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: