Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney World Tips
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-29-2013, 03:50 PM   #16
mymeme
Mouseketeer

Sorry for dumb question!! We always have DDP and previous trips dh always paid tip in cash at ts meals. This year we have the $200. Disney card from opening the Disney Visa. How do we use it for tips? Just tell them the amount we want to leave for tip? Thanks, I know this ? sounds dumb!!!
mymeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 06:56 PM   #17
sarewil
DCP FA 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by mymeme View Post
Sorry for dumb question!! We always have DDP and previous trips dh always paid tip in cash at ts meals. This year we have the $200. Disney card from opening the Disney Visa. How do we use it for tips? Just tell them the amount we want to leave for tip? Thanks, I know this ? sounds dumb!!!
I would guess that when you use your card there like at any other restaurant they will run the card when you pay for your meal and bring the card back along with the receipts. On the receipt you sign it will show how much you paid for your meal and below that there is a line that says tip, on that line you would write how much you are leaving for a tip, below that line there is a line that says total just add it all up and write it in there. A word to the wise since I have friends that are servers in restaurants, not sure how it works at WDW though but here in Ohio the tips that are on credit cards get taxed and they don't really get those tips.

sarewil is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-30-2013, 11:13 PM   #18
Siliobear
Mouseketeer

If possible, have dh and dw carry different credit cards. One year dh lost his wallet (fell out of his pocket on a ride). We reported his cards list. The next day we left for our cruise. Luckily my cards were from different issurers so we could enjoy the rest of our trip. Even luckier, when we got home, a CM turned in his wallet and it was sent home to us a few weeks later.
Siliobear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 03:37 PM   #19
Hielostar
The Red Comet of Zeon

My family was a traveller's check family until this upcoming trip in May. My personal expenses will be going on my empty Discover card (so I can get some cashback points!) and the balance will be paid off once the statement processes.

I also carry a small amount of cash for those occasions where tips are involved or if I run into something that doesn't take a card.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: